Rumor: EDM/CAR - Kase for Puljujarvi

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He wouldn't clear lol, not even close lol, Montreal takes him without thinking twice.
I'm not sure about that.... there are probably better ways of using whatever cap space we have. Taking him back to facilitate an Edmundson deal (for example) is very different from just adding him to the current team without removing a contract at the same time.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Yes I read that. The interesting part is that some sort of move has to happen tomorrow so Yamamoto can come off of LTIR.

I don’t really get why the Canes woukd want him in the AHL vs the big team. Seems like a dealing the Kase contract and taking a chance on Puljujarvi, if not just for depth, would only net them an additional $1.5M this season. They’ve got the luxury of plenty of LTIR space.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is, if it were me, I’d just deal Kase for Puljujarvi and call it done.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don't really get it. They'd basically be acquiring him to play on the 4th line.
I dunno, the Wolves are pretty bad this year, he might even crack their top 6.

Oh you mean in Raleigh... actually I just see him simply playing out the rest of the season in the A and then takes the Jesper Fast spot on the checking line next year.

Last edited:

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Not sure I see the point from Carolina's perspective. Don't they just give up 3m in cap when they probably already want to add actual good players at the deadline?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't really get it. They'd basically be acquiring him to play on the 4th line.

Canes like making succession plan acquisitions a year in advance. Kotkaniemi for Trocheck is the most famous recent example of this, but they also did this with Gardiner and Faulk (when they likely figured out that Gardiner's back was screwed up long-term, they successfully pivoted to Skjei). Puljujarvi may be a succession acquisition for Fast.

Reactions: Wolfpuck

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Canes like making succession plan acquisitions a year in advance. Kotkaniemi for Trocheck is the most famous recent example of this, but they also did this with Gardiner and Faulk (when they likely figured out that Gardiner's back was screwed up long-term, they successfully pivoted to Skjei). Puljujarvi may be a succession acquisition for Fast.
You’re not making the succession plans look like a good idea here…

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
You’re not making the succession plans look like a good idea here…

Maybe. Yet they keep doing these again and again. Maybe it's a bad habit, but they do it.

The Skjei trade and LTIR sort of saved the second situation, thankfully. It could've been way uglier than it actually was. Kotkaniemi is a true wait-and-see because it is a bet on an under-25 player.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedgreen

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
this sees more like speculation by spec

Its Spector so it has no other option than being speculation.

No one credible with a solid rumour tweets a link to an article for you to sift through to read between the lines of to find out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad