Proposal: Edm/Buf

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd be fine with this. In fact, I think this is precisely the type of trade Botts will make right before throwing a 2nd rounder at a team for a middle-6 winger with team control remaining (e.g., Kase).

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'd be fine with this. In fact, I think this is precisely the type of trade Botts will make right before throwing a 2nd rounder at a team for a middle-6 winger with team control remaining (e.g., Kase).

Edmonton should be eyeing players like Kase.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
So Buffalo is still trading forwards for D...sounds like Buffalo's Caggiula for Manning. Maybe it'll get Botterill fired.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
To Buffalo: 1st-2020 top 5 protected, Puljujarvi, Gagner(expiring contract to allow deal now)

To Edmonton: Ristolainen

This gives the Sabres a good young prospect winger and another 1st round pick for this strong draft. Gagner will expire.

Oilers defence:

Klefbom Ristolainen
Nurse Bear
Russell Larsson

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
To Buffalo: 1st-2020 top 5 protected, Puljujarvi, Gagner(expiring contract to allow deal now)

This gives the Sabres a good young prospect winger and another 1st round pick for this strong draft. Gagner will expire.

Oilers defence:

Klefbom Ristolainen
Nurse Bear
Russell Larsson
Why are we giving up a 1st for a player that only blocks out Bouchard from making the NHL? The guy is gonna be ready next year, he’s shitting on the AHL rn. Especially when we have a huge need at forward...

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015

Oilers defence:

Klefbom Ristolainen
Nurse Bear
Russell Larsson

I'd consider that, meaning I'd make some calls to see whether I can get a good winger for Larsson or Bouchard before officially accepting. Risto takes a lot of heat around here, but if Edmonton can add him they're a better team, period. He's not Pronger or Niedermeyer but he's better than Russell, and Bouchard shouldn't be thrown right into the fire. Ease him in. Depth is good. Throw in a bottom 6 forward who's an improvement on what Edmonton has though too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Oilers defence:

Klefbom Ristolainen
Nurse Bear
Russell Larsson

Are you an Oiler fan? Because as a Sabre fan, I'd take that deal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why? Nothing there addresses a need for Buffalo.

I'd take an extra first and the gamble on Poolparty. Having an extra first running up to the draft to use in trade to look for the needed center upgrade? Sure. It isn't linear and I wouldn't be looking to use the pick for anything but roster construction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad