May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Another Rasmus Ristolainen post:

:sabres

Oscar Klefbom
Caleb Jones

:edmonton

Rasmus Ristolainen

The two players are close in ability, with the RHD holding more value. Kelfbom is signed long-term to a sweetheart deal. Caleb Jones is one of our decent D prospects. The younger brother of Seth Jones.

The Oilers can sign Calvin De Haan if they feel they need depth on the left side after losing Klef. Probably don't need to.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't like the idea of trading Klefbom for Ristolainen especially after drafting Bouchard. Adding Jones is probably an overpay anyways, easy pass for me.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
no from Buffalo for me. Jones is a somewhat interesting prospect, but not nearly enough to make a Risto for Klefbom swap. RHD is still an area of weakness for Buffalo as well; if we were to lose Ristolainen, our only RH Shot D would be Bogosian and Casey Nelson.

I dont expect that Ristolainen is available for trade, unless it's a big overpayment... his age fits well with our core group of players for the future moving forward. Very excited to see him with a slightly lesser burden moving forward now that Dahlin is coming to help.

Reactions: go4hockey

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Another Rasmus Ristolainen post:

:sabres

Oscar Klefbom
Caleb Jones

:edmonton

Rasmus Ristolainen

The two players are close in ability, with the RHD holding more value. Kelfbom is signed long-term to a sweetheart deal. Caleb Jones is one of our decent D prospects. The younger brother of Seth Jones.

The Oilers can sign Calvin De Haan if they feel they need depth on the left side after losing Klef. Probably don't need to.

Let's take a look at buffalo's left side depth chart shall we:

Dahlin
Scandella
McCabe
Hunwick
Beaulieu
Guhle
Pilut
Hickey

Right side:

Ristolainen
Bogosion
Nelson
Borgen
Fedun
Tennyson

In summary, Buffalo has...1 top 4 RHD....and something like 6 NHL level LHD.

But yes, please, take our only top 4 D and give us 2 more LHD. It's exactly what we need!

Reactions: go4hockey

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Both teams say no. Buffalo is stacked on the left side and won't want Klefbom. Edmonton is hoping Klefbom bounces back after the shoulder surgery and puts it together. When he's on I think he's a better two way player than Risto evem though I like Risto. Adding Jones doesn't help as he's a promising looking prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad