Confirmed Trade: [EDM/ARI] Nick Bjugstad (50% retained), Cam Dineen for Michael Kesselring, 2023 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Arizona playing pokemon with collecting all the draft picks, while the rest of the league plays hockey.
Hey they catch some legendaries too with future Hall of Famers Shea Weber and Patrick Kane on their "payroll", as well as Voracek/Ladd/Little/OEL on the books.

If he was "below" Samurokov (lol), basically tells you how valuable he is haha
Samorukov returned us Kostin. Could be worse.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I think Holland had this trade in his pocket yesterday. That explains for the strange 4% retain on Ekholm, leaving us with $450k in cap space, exactly the amount of Bjugstad at 50% retained.

equations-alex.gif

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Kesselring is still quite young and his career arc is not abnormal for a USHL then NCAA path. Bjugstadt has never moved the needle in 600 games and will be gone by July. Have many Oilers games after that? Also zero.
Sorry, but you don’t play in this league for 600 games if you haven’t “moved the needle” at some point.

Also, give me a depth nhl player for this playoff run over a depth prospect any day.

Mcdavid years are finite. No playoff run from this point forward should be wasted.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
We don't need a Ceci upgrade if he is pushed down the lineup. With Ekholm pairing with Bouchard, that pair should be able to take some minutes from Nurse-Ceci, which should make that pair more effective. Ceci is fine when his minutes are reduced.
Bouchards defensive game says otherwise. But okey..
They could though make a
Broberg - Ekholm pairing as a more stable 2nd pairing

Sorry, but you don’t play in this league for 600 games if you haven’t “moved the needle” at some point.

Also, give me a depth nhl player for this playoff run over a depth prospect any day.

Mcdavid years are finite. No playoff run from this point forward should be wasted.
If you are 6"5 and nake some botttom 6vgoals scoring you probably get A LOT of chances

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Nick Bjugstad is as bad as his father. He sucks.
He’s an effective defensive forward which is pretty much what they need along with their new defensively able defenseman

Their top 6 is really nice especially if McDrai go off in the playoffs again. They need the team to consistently not get scored on

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
He’s an effective defensive forward which is pretty much what they need along with their new defensively able defenseman

Their top 6 is really nice especially if McDrai go off in the playoffs again. They need the team to consistently not get scored on
He was drafted as a scorer and never made that, he is no where near a good defensive forward........but please trade any team I like Ryan Mcleod, a true two way foward........

Reactions: tfwnogf

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bouchards defensive game says otherwise. But okey..
They could though make a
Broberg - Ekholm pairing as a more stable 2nd pairing

If you are 6"5 and nake some botttom 6vgoals scoring you probably get A LOT of chances
They've already put Ekholm with Bouchard. That's obviously their top priority. Bouchard's defensive game next to Kulak, Niemelainen and Broberg isn't going to be the same as with a seasoned shut down guy like Ekholm.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
They've already put Ekholm with Bouchard. That's obviously their top priority. Bouchard's defensive game next to Kulak, Niemelainen and Broberg isn't going to be the same as with a seasoned shut down guy like Ekholm.
Quite the though task for Ekholm. Im impressed by him though

Quite the though task for Ekholm. Im impressed by him though

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I have seen very little of him since he left Pittsburgh. But as a Pen he was a polarizing player. He is deceptively slick with his skating, he will low key make moves to sow a needle past a player. He isn’t fast, just slick. And when they get a limb in to stop him he can often push through them with his size. He will take these opportunities to drive the net and shoot the puck into the logo of the goalie, bounce it off of the pad, or juggle the puck all the way to the board.

He has so many tools that you can openly see with the eye test that should make a unique and good player. But for some reason… It just doesn’t end up on the score sheet often enough given his size and skating.

Hope he carves out a role in Edmonton.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I have seen very little of him since he left Pittsburgh. But as a Pen he was a polarizing player. He is deceptively slick with his skating, he will low key make moves to sow a needle past a player. He isn’t fast, just slick. And when they get a limb in to stop him he can often push through them with his size. He will take these opportunities to drive the net and shoot the puck into the logo of the goalie, bounce it off of the pad, or juggle the puck all the way to the board.

He has so many tools that you can openly see with the eye test that should make a unique and good player. But for some reason… It just doesn’t end up on the score sheet often enough given his size and skating.

Hope he carves out a role in Edmonton.
Good assessment of his game.

He had some decent years in FL, even led a bad team in goals one season, but he was frustrating to watch. He's developed into more of a role player, so I hope he finds a spot in Edmonton.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I think Holland had this trade in his pocket yesterday. That explains for the strange 4% retain on Ekholm, leaving us with $450k in cap space, exactly the amount of Bjugstad at 50% retained.

100%

Unfortunately it could also imply we are done, since there isn't a dime left. I suppose we could still do another dollar-in/dollar-out deal, but we are running out of salaries to shed.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
People really upset over Michael Kesselring? What's the story...

He had 6 good games at the start of the season, and put up few goals. His 13 AHL goals, are among AHL leaders by D-men, they are the type of numbers Oilers fans did not see since Joey Laleggia....

Reactions: Homesick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad