Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ARI] Mitch Moroz for Henrik Samuelsson

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
[EDM/ARI] Oilers Acquire Henrik Samuelsson for Mitch Moroz

Great trade imo. Both aren't doing well in the AHL.

EDIT: but I have more hope for Samuelsson than I ever did for Moroz.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Yay?

Wait, does this mean that MacT DOES have pull still? Haha

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
Awesome! We didn't need another meathead. We needed a punchable agitator! Here's hoping he can antagonize Tkachuk! We just got a former 1st rounder. Celebrate, guys!

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Good trade, Moroz won't amount to anything and at least Samuelsson has been able to produce a little bit at the AHL level.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I really don't know why this organization insists on former Oil Kings.

>_<

I guess we got the better Oil King? But uggh. WHYYY?? This is getting ridiculous.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Biggest problem with Samuelsson has been injuries.

His production has dipped these last couple of years, but he had some big injuries to deal with.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Doubt either ever have an NHL career. Nothing trade really.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Big body with skill. Injuries obviously derailed him quite a bit. I think with a couple years of development injury-free and a change of scenery he could become an NHLer some day. He has the tools.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
My favourite part of this trade?

6'3
209 lbs
Right Shot
Natural RW'er

65 GP, 35G, 95 PTS in his last year of junior
68 GP, 18G, 40PTS in his rookie year in the AHL, point-per-game player in the playoffs

Doesn't matter if not a lot of guys like this. We got a former 1st rounder for a prospect with little to no NHL prospects. This trade has given the Oilers some upside.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I really don't know why this organization insists on former Oil Kings.

>_<

I guess we got the better Oil King? But uggh. WHYYY?? This is getting ridiculous.

Could be because Moroz sucks and has zero chance at an NHL future and Samuelsson sucks slightly less with a slightly higher chance at an NHL future.

Who gives a **** where he played in junior? This trade is irrelevant, and any trade involving Moroz alone was going to be irrelevant.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Not much to see here. It is probably a case where both teams had decided that they weren't going to re-sign their guy next year, so trade them and see if a change in scenery kick starts them and convinces the new team to sign them to a contract.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Samuelson was a beast in junior. Pro production has dried up, but I have more faith in him than Moroz.

Nice deal, for as small as it is.

This is exactly how I feel. Don't have many expectations for Samuelsson, but I definitely see more in him than Moroz. Hopefully he turns it around with us.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad