Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ANA] Gernat and EDM 4th '16 for Patrick Maroon (25% ret.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I really like how my Vancouver friends seem to HATE what happened to them yesterday.

My WhatApp chat says things like:

"Trevor Linden; he's as overrated a Manager as he was a player".
"Benning seems to be allergic to depth players outperforming their contracts".

They're legitimately pissed that Clendening was waived/claimed, and none of their UFA's were traded for picks.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
Thanks for the link. Love the golf course selfie interview. Seems like a guy who might have something to prove. We could absolutely use a few of those.
As for Gernat ... anyone else remember the good old days when Marincin and Gernat were going to be the future of our blueline? So long boys.

Ehh sometimes it doesnt work out. Remember Alexei Semenov? 6 foot 6 with a beast of a shot... nowhere near lived up to the potential.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Also a fan of this trade, was impressed by Maroon last playoffs. Not a huge cost in any case.

Feb 9, 2013
I DO think we have a big shot at Lucic. I have talked to Lucic a couple times and he likes coming to Edmonton. People talk like he loves LA...i am not a believer. Would he re-sign? yes. If he hits the market would he be AGAINST being in Edmonton? No. I think he genuinely likes playing in hockey mad markets, he likes pressure, he likes that its important and he loves fans. He is a very passionate guy. I think he will be slowing down and injuries will start being an issue for him. It will be interesting to see what happens

I think if the Oilers can show progress and give Chia something to point to that we are building this new team...i think we can get some stuff done.

Im thinking that those 3rd rounders are good to use to trade for ufa rights on draft day to get an advantage on signing guys.

Its hard to believe that a couple days can make me a believer that a GM has the proper vision....but thats what has happened.

I love hearing this... as much as I love the top nine that was posted. Even if there is little chance (and I agree with you, I think 'we' have a good shot at getting Lucic) its still exciting to think about. Vancouver fans would really hate us... for me that is enough reason to sign Lucic. The Oil would have their prodigal son in Lucic, and their supposed answer to Lucic in Kassian.

Hall Drai Kassian
Lucic Mcdavid Yak
Pouliot RNH Maroon

I really like getting Maroon.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I remember he had a 30 second shift and MacT pulled the plug, and I don't think he ever saw another shift in the NHL?

I was at that game. I was watching for him and it felt like he just got on the ice, did a lap and was done for life.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I had the pleasure of playing with Pat Maroon, but it was around 10 years ago. He was VERY good when I played with him, and he's so damn big that his hands that he came equipped with, didn't make ANY sense to us. Players that big shouldn't have hands like he did, enjoy this dude, and he'll stick up for anyone on your team which is what you guys need.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I love hearing this... as much as I love the top nine that was posted. Even if there is little chance (and I agree with you, I think 'we' have a good shot at getting Lucic) its still exciting to think about. Vancouver fans would really hate us... for me that is enough reason to sign Lucic. The Oil would have their prodigal son in Lucic, and their supposed answer to Lucic in Kassian.

Hall Drai Kassian
Lucic Mcdavid Yak
Pouliot RNH Maroon

I really like getting Maroon.

That's close to an ideal top 9, size and skill throughout

I can't wait until next year :D

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Maroon takes #19 and instantly gains several fans who invested $240 in Schultzwear.

QtFGoGNh.jpg

You've got that right :D

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Useless trivia: Maroon was coached for two seasons (05-06 & 06-07) by Tampa's Jon Cooper. Won the Robertson Cup (the oldest junior hockey trophy in the U.S.) in 2007.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I think Maroon would be good for Nuge and Ebs, Nuge and Ebs when they play together like to play a cycle game. He adds size, and some toughness to probably two of our smallest players on our team. I also would say Nuge and Ebs aren't super fast that they will be too fast for Maroon.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think Maroon would be good for Nuge and Ebs, Nuge and Ebs when they play together like to play a cycle game. He adds size, and some toughness to probably two of our smallest players on our team. I also would say Nuge and Ebs aren't super fast that they will be too fast for Maroon.

I actually really like this. RNH and Ebs play the game like Sedins (lite). In the offensive zone he could really be a great fit

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Looking at Maroons past point totals, man was he pretty good

90 points in the OHL (lead team by 30 points), 74 points in 75 AHL games including 32 goals (led team). Led AHL team in points or ppg almost every year

Random facts, but still impressive

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Looking at Maroons past point totals, man was he pretty good

90 points in the OHL (lead team by 30 points), 74 points in 75 AHL games including 32 goals (led team). Led AHL team in points or ppg almost every year

Random facts, but still impressive

Guy can play and pound. Gonna be fun.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
just to piss off replacement who LOVES Maroon and DESPISES Maroon 5.

Even Maroon doesn't strike me as the type to listen to that whinining syncophant gibberish.

cue old guy complaining to the clouds gif..:laugh:

UeFGJU5.jpg

Like you aren't asking for it

Edit: yeah this is pretty terrible. But it had to happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad