Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Alan Quine and Anton Forsberg sign with the Oilers

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think he’s probably in the 12-15 range with Haas and Nygard but it doesn’t really matter lol still a really good signing.
He's a lot better than both those guys for me. Flames are a much deeper group than the Oilers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Judging what Flames fans are saying maybe I should be a little more excited about this signing.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
He's a lot better than both those guys for me. Flames are a much deeper group than the Oilers.

I disagree Oilers have insane depth in terms of 4th liners we have like a dozen. Where we lack is middle 6ers which we might’ve addressed with Turris and Puljujarvi.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Damn, I liked Quine.

What does he bring to the table? Don't know much about this guy, he's 27 years old now so not a kid anymore. AHL/NHL tweener depth signing by the looks of it.

Pretty good AHL boxcars, which is good considering we severely lack forward prospect depth down there compared to our D pipeline. He'll almost certainly step into the 1st line on Bakersfield if he doesn't nab a bottom 6 type role with the big club.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
What does he bring to the table? Don't know much about this guy, he's 27 years old now so not a kid anymore. AHL/NHL tweener depth signing by the looks of it.

Pretty good AHL boxcars, which is good considering we severely lack forward prospect depth down there compared to our D pipeline. He'll almost certainly step into the 1st line on Bakersfield if he doesn't nab a bottom 6 type role with the big club.
Basically that. Was a tweener for us. Versatile guy that played up and down the lines at times and won't cheat you on effort.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Basically that. Was a tweener for us. Versatile guy that played up and down the lines at times and won't cheat you on effort.

High compete, go hard every shift type player? Yeah, those are always popular in Alberta and our style of hockey we grow up with.

Seems like an AHL beast just looking at numbers alone.

Flames fans seem decently pissed about it, so I am assuming he's a serviceable player even if a tweener. We've have had terrible skill in the bottom 6 before today and the Pulju signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad