Proposal: Edler to Oilers

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah there aren't enough prospects on the Oilers depth chart to have me take Lucic for a positive asset.

I'd be happy to take cap back, but Lucic is too much, for too long, and would probably nix any deal to come here on top of the horrid value.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If Oilers retain 50% of Lucic's contract does that mean signing bonus is 50/50 as well or does that only apply to actual salary and cap hit?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If Oilers retain 50% of Lucic's contract does that mean signing bonus is 50/50 as well or does that only apply to actual salary and cap hit?

I think it only applies to salary cap retention...IE they could retain $3MM cap hit, but not sure about the actual money implications.

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
take away the 1st, take away edler. Would be a good trade if we weren't already full of garbage contracts, pulj wasn't even drafted 3 years ago

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Jeebus, Lucic is so horrible; I wouldn't even want him for Guds (even if they both had the same contract).

Oh I'm not advocating for the deal, I never want to see Lucic in a Canuck uniform, I just don't think we would need to give up Edler over Gudbranson in any deal with the Oilers.

Reactions: Hit the post

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Absolutely not. That Lucic contract is awful. For Edler I would rather explore something with Nashville for Fabbro and a 1. Or targeting someone from Tampa.

Plus, with Edmonton on the outside looking in, why the hell would they sell their future for a pending UFA? It makes no sense from either side.
Yah not a chance we get Fabbro and a 1st would love Fabbro but him alone I'd be ecstatic. Can only hope he doesn't sign with Preds and they get nervous about losing him for nothing in 2021.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
To Edm: Edler & Goldobin
To Van: Puljujarvi, Lucic, 2019 1st.

Chiarelli gets desperate for D and scoring W, and isn't looking beyond this season; Van gets additional 1st pick for 2019, Edler stays close so waives no-trade, buys out Lucic in summer.

I was ready to be amused--thought you were going to ask for either McDavid or Leon--pretty sure canuck fans will look at that offer toss up in their months a bit

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
To Edm: Edler & Goldobin
To Van: Puljujarvi, Lucic, 2019 1st.

Chiarelli gets desperate for D and scoring W, and isn't looking beyond this season; Van gets additional 1st pick for 2019, Edler stays close so waives no-trade, buys out Lucic in summer.
Take out Goldobin and Lucic. And Poolparty. And Edler still doesn't waive for Edmonton.

F-

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Eriksson for Lucic and a DRAFT PICK seems fair to me. Like others have said, there’s no way the Canucks should trade for Lucic unless Eriksson is going the other way.

Both Lucic and Eriksson are overpaid and have some massive warts, but a motivated Lucic would fill a huge need for us.....that need being, protecting our young diminutive stars (Pettersson, Hughes,....even Boeser can fit here although Boeser isn’t exactly diminutive).

Surrounded by family and friends, Lucic can start feeling good again. Losing his father in 2015 seems to have affected Lucic and that’s very understandable. Get Lucic to drop weight in the off-season, and get him to work with Horvat’s skating coach. I think Lucic is still young enough to be fixed.

Lucic and Vancouver repair a strained relationship and Lucic helps us win a cup.....to cap off a storybook ending. :p

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
As far as the topic at hand goes, it’s extremely unlikely that Edler will waive. Canucks can’t afford to lose Edler imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad