NHL 19 editing players (mental barriers)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I've been editing players in NHL games since 2005, but now I just can't do it anymore. Mental barriers are stopping me from getting any work done, as I'm facing problems with the recent games and can't seem to decide how to go about them ...

option A) edit players with a set overall ratings in mind. Pros: everything looks organized, the overall number reflects how good the player is IRL and teams will sign them to more realistic contracts in Franchise Mode. Their trade value also becomes more realistic. Cons: Players feel less realistic, as I have to pad or dwindle certain attributes just so players will reach the targeted overall rating.

option B) don't care what the overall ratings will end up like. Pros: Players feel more realistic and produce more realistic numbers in Franchise Mode. Cons: certain players not demanding the contracts they should and having less trade value compared to reality. Some tweeners, who realistically would be demanding 1-way deals if their overall was 77, might settle for 2-way deals and be buried in the minors because their overall now is 76 or 75...

what do you think?

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
long story short, EA puts too much value in defensive awareness and stick checking and too little value in puck control, deking and other things. I wish they would change this just a tad, but knowing EA they will just end up going overboard in the other direction...

Reactions: Lays

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
It was better in NHL 13-NHL Legacy (PS3/X360).

With different calculations for forwards and defenseman for the PS4/XB1 generation, it grossly inflated the weighting of certain attributes especially for dmen.

Option B is better, IMO.

Reactions: Elvs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It was better in NHL 13-NHL Legacy (PS3/X360).

With different calculations for forwards and defenseman for the PS4/XB1 generation, it grossly inflated the weighting of certain attributes especially for dmen.

Option B is better, IMO.

I didn't even know this. Played around with it a little and was amazed at some results. After I made Patrick Kane an 89 overall forward, I turned him into a defenseman and his overall dropped to 83. Now I know it's pointless to compare overalls between forwards and defenseman, and even between offensive defensemen and defensive defensemen. This helps, thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad