28. :sabres (VIA FLA) Elias Salomonsson, RHD Skelleftea
29. :edmonton Isaac Howard, W USNTDP
30. :bolts Ryan Chesley, RHD USNTDP
31. :rangers Ivan Miroshnichenko, W Omskie
32. :coyotes (VIA COL) Luca Del Bel Belluz, C Mississauga

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
As a Sharks fan if we pass on Savoie I would be absolutely livid.

I get it, he is pure talent. I just think he's going to get the Cole Caufield treatment in the draft because of his size. He will definitely scare alot of teams off due to his size, and his injury in the playoffs. I have no idea if SJ will be a team that gets scared off by it, just justifying why I had him falling.

Reactions: Grinner

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I get it, he is pure talent. I just think he's going to get the Cole Caufield treatment in the draft because of his size. He will definitely scare alot of teams off due to his size, and his injury in the playoffs. I have no idea if SJ will be a team that gets scared off by it, just justifying why I had him falling.
SJ has drafted a lot of smaller guys in the past 2-3 years which could fit your point or not. Maybe they say they have too many little guys or maybe they’re like oh BPA and highest talent.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
But like why? Mesar has such higher potential than all of them?

I think Geekie has one of the highest potentials of anyone in the draft if only he gave a shit. If he could pull it all together I think he could be a dominant 1/2C for years. Only thing holding him back is lack of give a f***s some shits and his skating, both fixable to a point. His floor is pretty high in my books as well.
McG is a similar case. Lacks in skating but fixable. IQ is very high, scores goals and compete level is higher than Geekies.
Both above players could be absolute studs, or be busts, but the potential is #1Cs for me if they can put it all together.
And my bad, I was thinking Howard for some reason. Mesar and Ohgren are pretty well par for me

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think Geekie has one of the highest potentials of anyone in the draft if only he gave a shit. If he could pull it all together I think he could be a dominant 1/2C for years. Only thing holding him back is lack of give a f***s some shits and his skating, both fixable to a point. His floor is pretty high in my books as well.
McG is a similar case. Lacks in skating but fixable. IQ is very high, scores goals and compete level is higher than Geekies.
Both above players could be absolute studs, or be busts, but the potential is #1Cs for me if they can put it all together.
And my bad, I was thinking Howard for some reason. Mesar and Ohgren are pretty well par for me
Oh yeah I completely disagree about Geekie’s issues being fixable. I wouldn’t even consider him before 25-30. McGroarty I don’t see the potential of a 1C although he should be a good player. Mesar for me has top lien potential while the others max out at 2nd line

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Don't think Lekkerimaki is on our radar at all at 8. If the top 7 went like this, the Wings would probably (hopefully) take Savoie.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Don't think Lekkerimaki is on our radar at all at 8. If the top 7 went like this, the Wings would probably (hopefully) take Savoie.

My thing with Yzerman is, if you think you know what he is going to do, you don't. It's always a complete wildcard what he does.
I'm likely wrong in my pick, but I don't think anyone really knows Detroits thinking right now.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Blues desperately need quality defense prospects and have taken tons of forwards in recent years. Last thing they need is another winger which Lambert will end up being imo. Luneau, Chesley Pickering would all be a lot more helpful to the Blues in a few years than Lambert would be (just for those doing mocks).

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Blues desperately need quality defense prospects and have taken tons of forwards in recent years. Last thing they need is another winger which Lambert will end up being imo. Luneau, Chesley Pickering would all be a lot more helpful to the Blues in a few years than Lambert would be (just for those doing mocks).
Totally fair and understandable, I just believed the value and upside was too good to pass on Lambert at that point. That is why I had them taking Lambert, completely get the concept of wanting a Dman there. Obviously I am not an expert of every teams needs so this feedback is good! :cheers:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Totally fair and understandable, I just believed the value and upside was too good to pass on Lambert at that point. That is why I had them taking Lambert, completely get the concept of wanting a Dman there. Obviously I am not an expert of every teams needs so this feedback is good! :cheers:

Yeah no worries friend, thanks for taking the time to do a mock. You know we all love reading these and besides watch the Blues scouts take another winger anyway. (I'll be praying at the Shrine of St.JayBo it doesn't happen again but the gods..they smite meh).

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
My thing with Yzerman is, if you think you know what he is going to do, you don't. It's always a complete wildcard what he does.
I'm likely wrong in my pick, but I don't think anyone really knows Detroits thinking right now.

Yeah, the "buzz" is that we are targeting Marco Kasper, but nobody really knows if there is any credibility to this. We need a Center though, that is pretty obvious.

Personally, I'd gamble on Savoie's skill if he were to be there at 8, but I can honestly see Savoie going anywhere from 4-12. Last year people thought Kent Johnson would "slide" a bit, but the Jackets stepped up and took him (and what a great pick it was) at 5.

If Savoie is gone, then my second choice as a Wings fine is Cutter Gauthier, but he's been sky-rocketing up lists and likely won't be there at 8 either. If both Savoie and Gauthier are gone at 8, I'd take Kasper, although I don't think Kasper's ceiling is as high as other prospects. Kasper will likely max out as a solid 2nd liner, which would be good value at 8, but the Wings are desperate for high-end skill.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
1. :habs Shane Wright, C Kingston
2. :devils Juraj Slafkovsky, W TPS
3. :coyotes Simon Nemec,RHD HK Nitra
4. :seattle David Jiricek, RHD HC Plzen
5. :flyers Logan Cooley, C USNTDP
6. :cbj (VIA CHI) Cutter Gauthier, W USNTDP
7. :sens Marco Kasper, C Rogle BK
8. :wings Jonathan Lekkerimaki, W Djurgardens
9. :sabres Joakim Kemmel, W JYP
10. :ducks Frank Nazar, C USNTDP
11. :sharks Pavel Mintyukov, D Saginaw
12. :cbj Denton Mateychuk, D Moose Jaw
13. :isles Mathew Savoie, C Winnipeg
14. :jets Filip Mesar, W Poprad
15. :nucks Connor Geekie, C Winnipeg
16. :sabres (VIA VGK) Liam Ohgren, LW Djurgarden
17. :nashville Kevin Korchinski, LHD Seattle
18. :stars Danila Yurov, RW Magnitogorsk
19. :kings Rutger Mcgroaty, C USNTDP
20. :caps Jimmy Snuggerud, W USNTDP
21. :pens Nathan Gaucher, C Quebec
22. :ducks (VIA BOS) Tristan Luneau, RHD Gatineau
23. :blues Brad Lambert, C Pelicans
24. :wild Jiri Kulich, C Karlovy Vary
25. :leafs Seamus Casey, RHD USNTDP
26. :habs (VIA CGY) Owen Pickering, LHD Swift Current
27. :coyotes (VIA CAR) David Goyette, C Sudbury
28. :sabres (VIA FLA) Elias Salomonsson, RHD Skelleftea
29. :edmonton Isaac Howard, W USNTDP
30. :bolts Ryan Chesley, RHD USNTDP
31. :rangers Ivan Miroshnichenko, W Omskie
32. :coyotes (VIA COL) Luca Del Bel Belluz, C Mississauga
The burning elmo scenario from a red wings fan perspective.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The Rangers don’t have a 1st. Was lost when they advanced to the ECF with the Copp trade. Winnipeg picks there.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
The burning elmo scenario from a red wings fan perspective.

Wings are a tough one. I think their ideal would be one of the guys I have in the top 7 falling to them, but outside of those 7, it could be one of 5 or 6 guys I could see them being interested in, Lekkerimaki is just one of those options.

Reactions: ZDH

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Might be the usual nonsense but there is talk The Habs will take Slaf....

Slaf is rated ahead of Wright on some lists but I think the prospect of Suzuki and Wright down the middle for a long time in Montreal is too good to pass up. I think from a talent level Slaf is fine as a 1st overall in this draft, but I think the Habs still go Wright.

Reactions: edguy

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Slaf is rated ahead of Wright on some lists but I think the prospect of Suzuki and Wright down the middle for a long time in Montreal is too good to pass up. I think from a talent level Slaf is fine as a 1st overall in this draft, but I think the Habs still go Wright.
thats true but the thought of Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf as a first line for the next decade is just as exciting.....

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

thats true but the thought of Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf as a first line for the next decade is just as exciting.....

Personally I think Wright is just the safer pick. Slafkovsky is a big boom or bust guy, he could be a 1st line guy or a 4th line guy. Whereas I think at absolute worst, Wright is a 2nd line center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad