Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 6 - 6/9 7:40 PM - BELIEVE!!!!!! - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-6-8_12-49-32.png

BHR-L-sportsfront-210608-A040.jpg

bruins-believe-with-bruins-b1.png

tenor.gif

upload_2021-6-8_12-50-10.png

upload_2021-6-8_12-50-41.png

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Has there been any word on Lazar? I also missed the hit but Pierre made it sound pretty ugly with his leg…

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I don't like this one bit. Reminds me of the Habs series from early 2000s and the St Louis finals.
Bruins carrying play, and at times just totally dominating... all the while they are getting slashed, high sticked, cross checked, tripped, interfered with, etc, with no power plays... then on the flip side they are getting called for the most ridiculous borderline crap, and almost ALL of the goals in every Islanders win has been a result of a powerplay from an unfair call.

Game 3 was actually officiated a bit in the Bruins favor, and they got away with some stuff, but otherwise it has been completely slanted towards Islanders, with game 5 being by far the worst. I fear that this trend will continue.

I worry that the Bruins showed heart last night and gave it their all, and now are just going to be deflated because no matter how hard they try, they can't catch a break. Not good situation right now at all.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Honestly, can anyone give me any example of the Bruins getting the benefit of officiating in the playoffs?

I've been watching since like 1995 and cannot remember more than one playoff game where we were beneficiaries of multiple blown calls that affected the outcome, but every year for the last 5 years we've been screwed over, and then back before that to the Habs years.

The only one looking back where I think we got away with one was when Green slashed Kovalev in 2004, but really that's mostly on Kovalev for being a bitch.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I thought Lazar was injured hitting Pelech?

You talking the Pastrnak hit?

I think I confused the two. It was Pastrnak who Pelech threw his knee out on, right? And NBC praised him for a clean shoulder check. Was it Pelech or Clusterf***? There were so many bullshit calls that game that they've all melted together in my mind.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Honestly, can anyone give me any example of the Bruins getting the benefit of officiating in the playoffs?

I've been watching since like 1995 and cannot remember more than one playoff game where we were beneficiaries of multiple blown calls that affected the outcome, but every year for the last 5 years we've been screwed over, and then back before that to the Habs years.

The only one looking back where I think we got away with one was when Green slashed Kovalev in 2004, but really that's mostly on Kovalev for being a bitch.
2011 Marchand got away with a few things and ever since then Bruins haven't gotten the benefit the way the Islanders have this series.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think I confused the two. It was Pastrnak who Pelech threw his knee out on, right? And NBC praised him for a clean shoulder check. Was it Pelech or Clusterf***? There were so many bullshit calls that game that they've all melted together in my mind.

Cizikis maybe

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
2011 Marchand got away with a few things and ever since then Bruins haven't gotten the benefit the way the Islanders have this series.

Vancouver fans bitch and bitch about the Bruins and Colin Campbell but honestly the Canucks got more PPs than us that series anyway despite being just as dirty (the reason their defense kept getting injured is because they kept trying to throw dangerous hits). And they were screwing us hard in games 4-6 of the Tampa series IIRC before they finally got one right and called game 7 perfectly.

I don't think we got preferential treatment in 2011 at all. The refs just lost control altogether after the Rome cheapshot and the wild west style of it benefitted us solely because Vancouver proved to be mentally weak at the top. But guys like Bieksa and Kesler were being just as cheap as anything Marchand or Lucic did.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH

Bruins got away with some stuff in Game 3. But every other game has been slanted towards Islanders, especially last night.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Really thought 1 of miller or Carlo would be able to play tomm

We miss them so much

Gonna be tough to win tomm

but I still believe

I know playing things close to the vest with injuries is the way it is in the playoffs, but I'd feel better now if they just said that Carlo would be shut down for a few weeks and Miller won't be available until the ECF rather than floating it along like "maybe ready for game 3...oh, didn't make the trip, but maybe available game 5...not playing game 5, and now not available game 6 either." I don't know why, but I would have coped better if they just said "don't expect him back this series" from the get go.

Sucks how much everything this playoff run has turned on the absence of two defensemen who are game changing if healthy but can just never f***ing stay healthy. I'm mad at Carlo for not protecting his head. I know it's not his fault, but I kind of feel like it is.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It will be curious to see who the NHL sends to Uniondale for Game 6

Francis Charron, Gord Dwyer, Jean Hebert, Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Rourke, Brian Pochmara, Francois St. Laurent, Kelly Sutherland

Wes McCauley, Chris Lee, Kelly Sutherland and Brian Pochmara are working tonight so they are out.

My best guess is we will see Dwyer and O’Rourke who worked Isles/Bruins Game 2, handing out 18 PIMs and five power plays.

Reactions: Bruins4Lifer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad