Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 1 - Fishsticks at BRUINS - Saturday 5/29 8:20 PM - NBC, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Not sure I buy this completely, but the stat geeks like the Bruins in this series.

A lot.

E2eqf7_XEAMYsKS

That worries me, I hate Bruins being favored.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I must have been in the small majority,I actually liked the Cooperalls ,Junior players all had them for a season ,did they do away with them because of the looks or players just didn’t like them.
When they came out in the 80’s we all wanted them, don’t be fooled by the comments in the now. It’s just in retrospect they were and are fugly but at the time...they were the new bright shiny object. I did wear them for roller hockey because it helped slide on the tiles instead of abrupt stopping but I never wore them on the ice.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
When they came out in the 80’s we all wanted them, don’t be fooled by the comments in the now. It’s just in retrospect they were and are fugly but at the time...they were the new bright shiny object. I did wear them for roller hockey because it helped slide on the tiles instead of abrupt stopping but I never wore them on the ice.
I wore them for inline too, a newer version of them but same idea, they were awesome.

Reactions: Barnum

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Going tomorrow night!

Also going to the Sox game Sunday in a box with an open bar.

Really coming out of quarantine with a bang.

thoughts and prayers to my liver.

I too will be at both Bruins(Saturday)and Sox (Sunday), but will be my third hockey and third baseball game “post-COVID”, but first of both with nearly full capacity :yo:

:bruins EAT :islesin 7
Won’t come easy, but will prevail :clap:

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I wore them for inline too, a newer version of them but same idea, they were awesome.
Yeah, a newer version made for roller puck. Mission had a factory on Vachon Island, so stuff was cheap and a available in the late 90s. Their pants were the only thing I used of theirs because I never liked anything else they had.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, a newer version made for roller puck. Mission had a factory on Vachon Island, so stuff was cheap and a available in the late 90s. Their pants were the only thing I used of theirs because I never liked anything else they had.
Yup Mission was what I used too, everything else was pretty bad, some of the ugliest gear you can find.

Reactions: Barnum

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Some idiot who knew nothing about hockey I'm sure. They were awful. If I was a player I would have been embarassed to wear them.
honestly the hype over them got to the point that it was embarrassing if you weren`t wearing them, my dad thought they were a disgrace and I wound up being one of if not the last on my team to wear them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad