News Article: Ed Snider Treated For Non-Life-Threatening Form Of Cancer

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed-snider-philadelphia-flyers-cancer/9742299/

PHILADELPHIA - When Ed Snider, the Flyers' fiery chairman, held court with reporters two days after his team's season ended, everything about him seemed completely normal.

The 81-year-old chairman of Comcast-Spectacor mentioned nothing about being treated for cancer, only his frustrations with another season ending too short.

There was no utterance of the silent battle that the man who brought an NHL team to Philadelphia has apparently been fighting and winning.

Snider recently completed treatment for a non-life-threatening form of cancer and has continued to work through the process.

"He is happy and healthy," said Comcast-Spectacor spokesman Ike Richman.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
As much **** we give him for his old views on hockey, it's great to have an owner who really cares, hope it stays non life threatening.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
As much **** we give him for his old views on hockey, it's great to have an owner who really cares, hope it stays non life threatening.
I never understood the hate. We're lucky to have such a passionate owner whose #1 care in the world is his hockey team. Yeah he's old school, but in general he's been good. And you can't forget that he brought the franchise to this town.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Well Cancer sucks and don't wish it upon anybody....

No bad karma karma chameleon desired despite my mixed feelings about Mr Snider....

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Cancer sux worst way to go my friend went from being a healthy lady to nothing but skin and bones when she passed away and a friend told me her friends 16 yr old daughter just passed away from some kind of blood cancer.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Arguably the best owner Philadelphia Sports franchises have every had... and when he no longer has control of the Flyers we will understand that even more -- witness the five years in the desert the Flyers roamed around in when he turned control over to son Jay, and the only multiple years this team has gone without a PostSeason -- He may not always make the right or best decisions, and go the best route, but there is nothing that he will not do to give the Flyers every advantage he legally(?) can... as he sees it, anyway... and he is never afraid to take chances. The Organization's record since 'Expansion' has to look up to no other Organization in any respect but number of Cups won, IMO.

Being a cancer survivor myself, and being married to a wife beating the demon as we speak, I wish Mr. Snider all the best... If he battles it as ferociously as he battles the other NHL Organizations, he will be just fine.

Go get 'em, Ed... we are all behind you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad