Ed Snider Memorial Patches For Sale For Charity

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So I got permission from the higher ups to post this.

As most of you know i'm very into jerseys and everything that comes with them. So when the Flyers announced that they were going to wear a patch to honor Mr. Snider I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Sadly the Flyers announced that they would not be made available to the public at this time. This news saddened me greatly that I would not be able to honor Mr. Snider by having one of the patches on my jerseys.

So that got me thinking that I could make the patches myself and then I got an even better idea. I would make them and then donate ALL of the profits to either Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation or Comcast-Spectacor Charities.

Now over the past couple weeks I have been cutting twill to match what the Flyers are wearing on the ice and ordered blank patches to have the twill sewn onto. The first run of the patches are done and I am just waiting to get them back from my friend who sewed them on.

As it stands now I have some of the white patches done and am waiting on the Orange patches to be delivered to me so that I can mail them out to have the lettering sewn on.

I know that I have posted in the jersey thread about this but I am hoping to get more eyeballs on the thread in hopes that it will generate more money for the charities.

I am selling the patches for $25+shipping and the cost breakdown is as follows*:

Patch: ~$4.00
Twill: ~$0.50
Shipping to get sewn: ~$0.75
Sewing Cost: ~$3.00
----------------------------------
Total: ~$8.25 per patch.

Which leaves on each $25 sale ~$16.75 going to the charity. I will provide proof of my donation so that everyone knows that I am not pocketing money and profiting off of Mr. Snider's passing.

*I am still working on a more concrete number but that's the number I have right now.

Hell, if you don't even have interest in a patch but want to contribute to Mr. Snider's charitable organizations here are the donation links:

Snider Hockey
Flyers Charities

Below is a photo of the finished product:

2elyp2w.jpg
29pdhf5.jpg

25hooie.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated: