GDT: ECSF: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | Unsolved Mysteries :

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
LOL Bruins fan and I just said congrats Rags fans. If I can do it, anyone can :laugh: some people have too much salt in their diets
Ragamuffin is a Pens fan, not sure he knows what he's talking about...

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't care about the last 2 goals. If those were the only goals Andersen allowed this game then whatever.

He slipped on banana peel on goal 1. I can't remember if he did that earlier this series or if it was last series. Was it game 5 against the Islanders? I know he did it once before this.

And the goal that made it 3-2 (the Rangers second goal) was a bad goal and started the comeback. It was over from there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've been picking the Rangers since before the series started. You know why?

Shesterkin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Andersen

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Canes were all over... I did not see the Rangers winning that game until Staal penalty. Congrats Rangers

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Andersen is 35?!!!
He'll be 35 around opening night next year.

I knew he was born in 89, but couldn't recall what month his birthday was in.

I mean, yeah, that's not hard to believe. He was playing playoff games for the Ducks all the way back in 2013 when they used all of Hiller, Gibson and him.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
People are mad at Anderson but who was watching Kreider the last half of the 3rd?

Posted up alone in front of the net on the PP and posted up in front of the net on the winner. Take the man, take the stick.

The Canes had quite a few chances to extend their lead.
Kreider was so clear and untouched on his 3rd goal, the game winner. As you say, no Canes player bothered him.
When I watched Isles series, Canes are a great transition team where it seems everyone can skate and pass. Even their noname dmen with weird names can all pass keep up with forwards.

Similar to Isles series, the team is NOT a good forechecking tough team so when a team hems them in zooming around and pounding the boards they have trouble. Against Isles it wasnt so bad since tht team is slow and not a lot of skilled forwards. Rangers are different and much faster with two lines of good scoring. So when I saw Kreider and gang zooming around and Canes guys cant check them and get the puck it wasnt much of a surprise.

Add in Freddie who lets in weak goals here and there and not really surprised NYR came back.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Well to be fair the cross checking penalty wouldnt have happened today if the refs made the right call 15 seconds earlier for delay of game.

Its called a makeup call and the rnagers should have been on the PP to begin with

I cannot imagine officials knew they blew the puck over glass call

Reactions: robertocarlos

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
They’re like the Schottenheimer Chiefs of the 1990s. Won 10-12 games a year by “not losing” games in the regular season. But were really a high floor low ceiling team that was exposed in the playooffs by teams that had a better A game.
Rangers had the better goalie and better posts lol

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Amazing how influential soft cross checking calls were in this series.
The officiating in today's NHL is much like a puppet show. The referees pull the strings when they think they should, don't pull the strings when they think they should lay off.
It's so prevalent that when I hear some folks scream about a penalty missed or called, I know right away that fans of the opposing team are screaming about another play where the officials' utterly arbitrary enforcement of the rulebook also occurred.

And so it goes. That's NHL reffing.

When all is done, the great leveler is the final score.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
They’re like the Schottenheimer Chiefs of the 1990s. Won 10-12 games a year by “not losing” games in the regular season. But were really a high floor low ceiling team that was exposed in the playooffs by teams that had a better A game.

I see them as sort of a mini version of the 93-04 Flyers. It was usually goaltending that sunk them, they should have won a cup somewhere in that stretch.

Reactions: John Mandalorian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad