GDT: ECSF: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | Unsolved Mysteries :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Isn't that Carolina's thing though?

Have they ever been outshot even when they lose a series?

I dunno if they have or not. They work hard, and have it in the right end of the rink a lot. That's usually the marking of a good hockey team. Always seemed to me they just don't quite have enough talent to really make the most out of it. Also some suspect goaltending.

I assume you know hockey being on these forums. Peppering shots from the outside doesn't mean much.

You said "They outscored Carolina in those games. Can't get more deserving than that." If the Rangers had outshot the Hurricanes by 42 shots combined and won those 3 games would you characterize them as being less or more deserving of a 3-0 series lead?

Agreed but quoted this to say that your avatar brings back so many great memories. Show was GOAT back in the day. Especially the first 5 seasons.
:thumbu:
I still watch just about anything with David Duchovny or Gillian Anderson in it.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I hate to break it to ya'll but if you think Swayman or Bob are gonna be any better vs NYR you got another thing coming. Swayman is somewhat of a system goalie and we saw how he had 2 bad games where BOS D was shoddy and Bob you never know what he is gonna do
Newsflash, we don’t care about the Rangers right now, we’re focused on game 6 at the moment but thanks for your concern.😂

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If you're NYR you need to just throw everything at the net now, you cannot really try to get cute at all. You have all the momentum til OT when as we usually see the team who blows the lead sometimes gets the mo back in the extra session. I think their best shot to win it is these next 5 minutes

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Definitely. Plus they had that fantastic eerie atmosphere that was sadly missing in later seasons. First 3 had some of the best monster of the week episodes as well. "Host", " Shapes" , "Darkness Falls" , " Grotesque " and so on and so on. What a show.

Carolina needs to get the momentum back here.
I missed the start of this but are you guys talking X-Files? The atmosphere changed when the show moved to LA from Vancouver. Lost all that natural grey, rainy weather.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate to break it to ya'll but if you think Swayman or Bob are gonna be any better vs NYR you got another thing coming. Swayman is somewhat of a system goalie and we saw how he had 2 bad games where BOS D was shoddy and Bob you never know what he is gonna do
Swayman's team just isn't good enough this year.

Bob's is but he's basically been Freddie Andersen these playoffs.

You're getting another Andersen next round with him. Or you're getting a hot goalie behind a meh team.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
In the regular season, that's maybe a penalty. But Staal was basically stationary and Zibanejad definitely sold that.

The Burns play on Trocheck during the PP was much worse. Looked like he pushed/shoved Trocheck's head into the ice.
It was a crosscheck. It doesn't matter if he was stationary. Ranger went head first into the boards. Could result in a serious injury.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If you're NYR you need to just throw everything at the net now, you cannot really try to get cute at all. You have all the momentum til OT when as we usually see the team who blows the lead sometimes gets the mo back in the extra session. I think their best shot to win it is these next 5 minutes

Plus the fact that Martinhook has been their best goalie.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

1715909484135.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad