GDT: ECSF Gm 7 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Sat., Sep. 5, 2020 | 7:30 pm ET | NBC, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This staff managed to ruin an elite PP unit including 3 elite PP players.

It’s almost impressive.

This game was an embarrassment. I'm not sure how you can look at Thompsons stats before this game and think he belongs in the NHL.

I'm also not sure how ypu continue to play him, other than "Hak".

...i mean, AV.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
For the Flyers.

In the 1969-70 season, Chicago had a 5-2 lead with 9:16 to play against Montreal whose head coach pulled Rogie Vachon. The Blackhawks scored five ENG and won, 10-2. That was in the regular season.
yup I remember.. but he had a decent PP unit... so it made sense.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know everyone is lining up to blame Giroux.

AV is easily the biggest issue this post season. It's not even close.

TK barely showed up and he did a better job than AV.

AV could have had 37 years worth of Martini's in a single evening and coached better.
Giroux was great all playoffs long. If people are too ignorant to see that then that’s on them.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The worst part of these playoffs is that they’ve destroyed any positivity I have for next season. They could go on a 20 game winning streak, win the presidents trophy and finish with 130 points and I still wouldn’t be excited because I would know that the coaching staff would screw the team over in the playoffs. f*** me

Was just expressing this to a friend of mine. This has been the most joyless playoff experience I've ever had, almost feel worse about the team going forward than I would've had they just croaked to the Habs. The more I saw, the less I liked.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I know everyone is lining up to blame Giroux.

AV is easily the biggest issue this post season. It's not even close.

TK barely showed up and he did a better job than AV.

AV could have had 37 years worth of Martini's in a single evening and coached better.

AV's personnel choices were awful.
---I'd rather lose faceoffs knowing we can get it back for a chance than have f***ing Thompson in the lineup.
---I'd rather have a rookie that show off some moves in Frost than stick with a determent of a player in f***ing Grant.
---What f***ing purpose does Braun serve in all of this? What purpose does Hagg? They are nothing and replaceable players. The fact they wouldn't put in Ghost, who had 2 more goals than TK in these playoffs, is really telling.

AV has zero clue of what he's doing and he's the home f***ing team, as in last change.

Reactions: Chinatown88

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
f*** THE ISLES. Those losers will lose easily vs tampa. I see no real improvement on their roster besides sorokin, dobson. Thankfully we will kill them next time we see them.

No ghost, no lindblom, tk will never score 0 goals, pp should be improved, patrick, frost. At least we have a bright future. f*** the isles

Reactions: JeffNYI

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
The worst part of these playoffs is that they’ve destroyed any positivity I have for next season. They could go on a 20 game winning streak, win the presidents trophy and finish with 130 points and I still wouldn’t be excited because I would know that the coaching staff would screw the team over in the playoffs. f*** me
I'm with you. The psychological ripples from this are like tsunamis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad