GDT: ECSF Gm 6 | FLYERS (A) vs. Islanders (H) | Thu., Sep. 3, 2020 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I absolutely have. It was on all the time when I was a kid.

Who the hell names a kid Topanga?

Lol. With some of the names you see parents naming their kids these days, Topanga isn’t as weird as it used to be.

It sounds like slang for tits, which is appropriate because we used to comment on her Topangas when the show was on.

Friendly Isles fan just dropping by. Topanga is a canyon here in Los Angeles in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Topanga, California - Wikipedia

If you drive the PCH in Malibu (very popular and scenic), there's a Topanga Canyon Rd that goes up through the canyon and connects to the Valley. I'm pretty sure whoever named her was driving there and named her after that canyon. Still not a super common name but it wasn't completely made up.

Good luck tonight.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Friendly Isles fan just dropping by. Topanga is a canyon here in Los Angeles in the Santa Monica Mountains.

If you drive the PCH in Malibu (very popular and scenic), there's a Topanga Canyon Rd that goes up through the canyon and connects to the Valley. I'm pretty sure whoever named her was driving there and named her after that canyon. Still not a super common name but it wasn't completely made up.

Good luck tonight.
For a character that is supposed to live in PA it’s a made up name with absolutely no basis in reality.

Don’t @ me.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
super lame that we finally get our game going and our best player is out. don't like our chances at all

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania

Good luck tonight.

Not made up but still completely silly. ;)

Reactions: 13th Floor

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
when comparing eye trauma to say ligment or tendon trauma there is a significant difference i imagine. Acute eye trauma i imagine is highly polarized either it missed the eye or it did not. there is no inbetween. And with an eye the organ itself tells you the condition it is in. Can you see? NO i can can not see. That doesn't sound like a game time decision to me. Can you see ? Yes i can see , again doesn't sound like a gain time decision to me. With tendons and ligaments there is a variety of grades of trauma that determine the severity of the injury , and the tissue itself can't tell you the condition it is in the way the eye can with acute trauma.
Could be he has a significant corneal abrasion. They may have placed a bandage contact lens or an amniotic membrane to aid in healing. The cornea does heal rather quickly, so it is possible they are going to wait until the last possible moment to remove the lens and check the abrasion and vision. It is hard to judge vision looking through those lenses, but you don't want to keep taking them on and off. Typically we would see the patient in 24-48 hours, and if it looks good under the microscope, remove the lens to check vision and comfort. (the lens also helps to relieve pain while it is on) Could also be blunt trauma to the eye and they are concerned about possible hyphema (blood in the anterior chamber). Heavy physical activity would be contraindicated if he has an active bleed. Also could be something as simple as a swollen lid and they are hoping to get the swelling down in time for the game. Of course they could also be certain of his status and they just want to create uncertainty for the Flyers in their game planning and lineup decisions.

Reactions: Jtown

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Could be he has a significant corneal abrasion. They may have placed a bandage contact lens or an amniotic membrane to aid in healing. The cornea does heal rather quickly, so it is possible they are going to wait until the last possible moment to remove the lens and check the abrasion and vision. It is hard to judge vision looking through those lenses, but you don't want to keep taking them on and off. Typically we would see the patient in 24-48 hours, and if it looks good under the microscope, remove the lens to check vision and comfort. (the lens also helps to relieve pain while it is on) Could also be blunt trauma to the eye and they are concerned about possible hyphema (blood in the anterior chamber). Heavy physical activity would be contraindicated if he has an active bleed. Also could be something as simple as a swollen lid and they are hoping to get the swelling down in time for the game. Of course they could also be certain of his status and they just want to create uncertainty for the Flyers in their game planning and lineup decisions.

I know he isn't a dentist but he might be qualified to make changes to the lineup.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Good luck tonight.

Me suspects they were engaged in some activity that led to offspring in the Canyon.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

imo all those conditions you outlined seem to be of greater trauma than what the Islanders have led on or even our head coach Alain vigneault who talked about riding with him in an elevator. I feel like if it was one of those conditions then he would for sure not play.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
One encouraging thing about couts... after the hit he got up and put all his weight on his right (the one that appeared to get injured) multiple times and then stopped at the bench using only his right leg. Also considering he played injured vs the pens a few years ago, I think he plays tonight.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
One encouraging thing about couts... after the hit he got up and put all his weight on his right (the one that appeared to get injured) multiple times and then stopped at the bench using only his right leg. Also considering he played injured vs the pens a few years ago, I think he plays tonight.

Hope you're right.

Add Raffl, Lindblom, and Coots.

Remove Grant, Thompson, and Pitlick.

Any word on Farabee?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Thompson's not coming out. Charlie asked about him specifically today:

3o6Zt7R02Q62fxgChq.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Why are my eyes so terrible

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
01c294317d7885ec619d520354dbf141.jpg

The closest I ever heard of self-dentistry was from a friend in high school. While he was having his wisdom teeth out, the assistant passed out, causing the dentist to slash the side of my friend's mouth (inner cheek?) with a scalpel. While stitching him up and after unceremoniously carting out the assistant, the dentist said that he had no other assistant so my friend had to assist. He got a discount.
I once saw this dude knock out his own tooth with a rock and the blade of a figure skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad