GDT: ECSF Gm 6 | FLYERS (A) vs. Islanders (H) | Thu., Sep. 3, 2020 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Do Cooperalls count?

Both versions. With the orange stripe, sans logo and the other with the Flyers' logo but without the orange stripe.

Flyers82-83Cooperalls.jpg

33123643732_7df3698917.jpg

@BiggE

Trivia question: Who was the netminder that criticized the Cooperalls because he said the puck got lost in the black pants and it was a disadvantage for opposing teams?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Both versions. With the orange stripe, sans logo and the other with the Flyers' logo but without the orange stripe.

Flyers82-83Cooperalls.jpg

33123643732_7df3698917.jpg

@BiggE

Trivia question: Who was the netminder that criticized the Cooperalls because he said the puck got lost in the black pants and it was a disadvantage for opposing teams?
Probably someone like Chico Resch, but I don’t remember.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I never liked my own D wearing them either.

Due to the puck blending with the pants?

I have a hazy memory of Ilkka Sinisalo's tailbone smacking a goal post -- before the current flexible design -- in a preseason game vs, Montreal. Supposedly, the construction of the pants prevented serious injury because there was an attached pad inside. But the pants were generally disliked by those who wore them.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Due to the puck blending in with the pants?

I have a hazy memory of Ilkka Sinisalo's tailbone smacking a goal post -- before the current flexible design -- in a preseason game vs, Montreal. Supposedly, the construction of the pants prevented serious injury because there was an attached pad inside. But the pants were generally disliked by those who wore them.
Yes. As a goalie, the solid black made it hard to pick up the puck in a crowd.

They fell out of favour because they were too slippery and you couldn’t stop easily if you fell down. I knew guys who loved them though. The new velcro jock shorts make wearing socks easier than the old garter system.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Reactions: dragonoffrost

eaglesfan0366

Nov 26, 2017
I caught a little bit of the Avs game - old friend Bellemare was used to start at least the 2nd period. The disease with being obsessed with 4th liners spreads well past AV.

Also, I would definitely take PEB over Thompson or Grant. We didn't know how good we had it with him lol

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I caught a little bit of the Avs game - old friend Bellemare was used to start at least the 2nd period. The disease with being obsessed with 4th liners spreads well past AV.

Also, I would definitely take PEB over Thompson or Grant. We didn't know how good we had it with him lol
id rather just take laughton as our 4c. We have it fine next year

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I won’t write them off yet. You see it all the time when a star goes down. All the other guys know they need to step up and bring that intensity. Not something that is sustainable but could certainly take effect for one game which is all we need right now.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if G, JVR, TK and a dman scored. That would go a long way to a win even if it is more of a shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese