GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Same thing happens every year.

They get out to a lead with cute tricks and then they score 0 or 1 goals the rest of the way when the other team starts to plan for it.

They can't produce NHL offense without gimmick set plays that are easy to prepare for after a couple of games.

I talked about how much better their forward corps is and people on here tried to assassinate me. Same thing in the Devils series.

Kuznetsov is monkey ass and he's better at scoring than seven of our forwards.
More balanced at forward, at least.

Wennberg, Kakko, Cuylle, Vesey, Goodrow aren't enough of a threat to score for this team to have good offensive balance.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Biggest difference is- they've figured our breakouts and defense out,and we are too dumb to stop theirs.They continue to skate the puck into our zone with little resistance, we can't do anything but dump the puck in their zone and give it right back.Another thing is we won't beat anyone when we have only 1 line producing anthing.They have 4 lines putting constant pressure on and wearing us down

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Same thing happens every year.

They get out to a lead with cute tricks and then they score 0 or 1 goals the rest of the way when the other team starts to plan for it.

They can't produce NHL offense without gimmick set plays that are easy to prepare for after a couple of games.

I talked about how much better their forward corps is and people on here tried to assassinate me. Same thing in the Devils series.

Kuznetsov is monkey ass and he's better at scoring than seven of our forwards.

True. We aren’t good enough.

But we shouldn’t need to be four lines deep of scoring. It’s the top guys. Mika, Kreider.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
The quotes about how amazing the Canes are and how lucky we are to even be in a game 7 are REALLY gonna piss me off tonight.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
At some point, we need to be willing to admit we’re simply not good enough.

The D core is pourous.

The 1C is not a Cup winning 1C.

And the captain is not a Cup winning captain.

Until those are fixed, we’re an average playoff team. Not a Cup contender.
I don’t agree. they have the talent I’m general, but they don’t have the culture. it isn’t just trouba, lindgren, and gus. the entire top 6 has no showed and that’s seaped into the entire 12 man forward group.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I don't think they're too old or not sufficiently conditioned.

They are too slow. But the real issue is they are not that good. Lindgren shouldn't be sniffing the first pair. Trouba possibly should not be sniffing the NHL anymore and certainly not top minutes and Gus was good for about 2 months to start the season.

You need a really solid 6 D to compete for championships. The move the Rangers needed to make at the deadline was Chychrun, but there was ZERO discussion about that even being a remote possibiliyt.

The offense is there. The defense is not. And the saddest thing to me is they don't seem to realize it.
By "old" I meant slow. That's on me. Trouba and Lindgren have aged remarkably fast (their legs have just gone). CK isn't what he used to be. Mika looks to be slowing as well. But you're right. Fox isn't old -- but he is way too slow. He is a 39 year old Makar.

One thing is for sure, though: our defensemen have zero defensive IQ. Fox redeems himself through offense. He's pretty average defensively -- just looks like a god because he's surrounded by morons.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Biggest game of the season… Zibs a no show so far

Staal's crosscheck injured him i'm pretty sure. Kreider is probably injured as well and we know Fox is. But that is no excuse. Kreider and Zib continue to do nothing ES. Now's a good time to mix up the lines, but we've got Lavisaurus so I guess not.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
We don’t have enough guys that are 1 v 1 bulldogs.
Can’t win these games without them.
Tro is 1, laf, Cuylle, Goodrow but old

Kakko once in a while, but he’s no threat to score……

Kreids/panarin/zibby/wennberg/ros/vesey/brod etc etc all cream puffs

Miller has made some really dumb plays in this one…
Fox is still playing on 1 leg

Gus is just flat out bad. How people want him on 1st pair is beyond me.
Lindgren has been meh
Trouba bad…….
I mean wtf……
Where’s this teams heart?

Berard/othmann/chmelar/sykora can’t get here soon enough.
85-90 % of our fwds don’t back check or play D hard enough and it over exposes our D.
I just didn’t think this gutless display would continue from last game. Where’s their pride? They look like wiped dogs and still are sending no rubber Andersons way.

If they blow GM 7 I hope we have some serious personnel changes..
Not totally blow it up, but there’s a good 3-4 guys that need to go along with the plugs ros and Wennberg

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Hold on. Better coached or do the players listen and have bought in? There's a difference. Canes grabbed their lunch pale and went to work. Rangers booking their off season plans gazing out the window.
A bit of both, I would think. You need to get the guys who go in with the right attitude. Then you need the guy to bring out that attitude and make them into the best version of themselves.

Reactions: WojtekWolski86

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I’ve seen enough of everyone associated with this era of Rangers hockey. Tear it all down and start over with stars who will show up in the playoffs.
It's funny seeing a new team like Vegas and in five years they win the cup. We can't sniff one for over 30 years. In almost a hundred years have a grand total of four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad