GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Not even mad. Carolina is better coached and the better team.

Just annoyed that management thinks we can continue to compete with this core. Every year I go in with low expectations (they're too slow / too old / not sufficiently conditioned). Then they give me hope with an incredible regular season. Then they disappoint. Rinse and repeat.

Enough is enough.
I don't think they're too old or not sufficiently conditioned.

They are too slow. But the real issue is they are not that good. Lindgren shouldn't be sniffing the first pair. Trouba possibly should not be sniffing the NHL anymore and certainly not top minutes and Gus was good for about 2 months to start the season.

You need a really solid 6 D to compete for championships. The move the Rangers needed to make at the deadline was Chychrun, but there was ZERO discussion about that even being a remote possibiliyt.

The offense is there. The defense is not. And the saddest thing to me is they don't seem to realize it.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Not even mad. Carolina is better coached and the better team.

Just annoyed that management thinks we can continue to compete with this core. Every year I go in with low expectations (they're too slow / too old / not sufficiently conditioned). Then they give me hope with an incredible regular season. Then they disappoint. Rinse and repeat.

Enough is enough.
Hold on. Better coached or do the players listen and have bought in? There's a difference. Canes grabbed their lunch pale and went to work. Rangers booking their off season plans gazing out the window.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Same thing happens every year.

They get out to a lead with cute tricks and then they score 0 or 1 goals the rest of the way when the other team starts to plan for it.

They can't produce NHL offense without gimmick set plays that are easy to prepare for after a couple of games.

I talked about how much better their forward corps is and people on here tried to assassinate me. Same thing in the Devils series.

Kuznetsov is monkey ass and he's better at scoring than seven of our forwards.

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
Honestly done with this core. Last year the excuse was the caveman, what’s the excuse now? Wish torts was available, would hire him in a second next season and give him free reign on these pansies. Oh you don’t like it, then waive your NMCs.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Nah - we finished top of the league so there's a good team in there, somewhere. But right now they are losing the mind game. They THINK Canes are the better team so are playing like they've already lost.
Regular season means little. It was nice when it happened, president's trophy and all. This team is once again showing that it doesn't have a next level when the opposition decides it's going to elevate its game, speed and intensity.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I do think it's a little interesting, if off topic, that Tom Poti and Michal Rozsival were booed mercilessly at MSG and yet Trouba has gotten zero derision.
Trouba gets to slide because Garden of Dreams and other off ice accomplishments

Reactions: ArPanet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad