GDT: ECSF: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I simply cannot stand when Kreider amongst others just tosses the puck back to ther Canes at the slightest bit of danger. Others do it as well, but I've seen Kreids do that more than once, when all he has to do is hold onto the puck for a little more than a second and collect himself while looking for a teammate breaking out. I pay attention to shit like that. Don't give it away unnecessarily.
Yeah, thats when you know the Rangers are out of it. They punt it back too easily. On changes, on forced plays. It starts with the veterans and it becomes contagious with the rest of the team.

Even if you reverse it to your D and rag it for a few seconds to regroup, its better than just handing back over to them without a purpose. We saw a ton of that in Game 5, especially in the 3rd.

A lot of it has to do with support and skating too. When they are tighter they have outlets instead of low percentage passes or just going off the wall and hoping someone skates into it. The standing around watching isnt going to fly. Support the puck carrier in all zones.

The other thing that has driven me nuts this series is not getting pucks out of the zone when they are hemmed in. Especially against the Guentzal line. They have these extended shifts that not only result in chances but it tires out the Rangers D. Thats when you WANT to punt. If theres a chance to clear it, CLEAR IT. f*** it. Take the icing if you have to to slow down the momentum, the crowd, the taxing of the shift. This team is very good on faceoffs for once in a million years so you can take that chance with a little more confidence.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, thats when you know the Rangers are out of it. They punt it back too easily. On changes, on forced plays.

Even if you reverse it to your D and rag it for a few seconds to regroup, its better than just handing back over to them without a purpose. We saw a ton of that in Game 5, especially in the 3rd.

A lot of it has to do with support and skating too. When they are tighter they have outlets instead of low percentage passes or just going off the wall and hoping someone skates into it.

The other thing that has driven me nuts this series is not getting pucks out of the zone when they are hemmed in. Especially against the Guentzal line. They have these extended shifts that not only result in chances but it tires out the Rangers D. If theres a chance to clear it, CLEAR IT. f*** it. Take the icing if you have to to slow down the momentum, the crowd, the taxing of the shift. This team is very good on faceoffs for once in a million years so you can take that chance with a little more confidence.

Please, Gorilla!

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I'm just praying that we find a way to lose this game and force a game 7. This is why we fought so hard for home ice guys.

My 10 year old son: 'winning the President's Trophy is bad if you're up 3-2 in a series'

Me: That makes NO sense beca-.......well son, you see it's like this.......
*starts thinking heavily*
*head begins to hurt*

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Just like the Knicks finally had a nice relaxing game 5 blowout win against the Pacers recently. I hope the Rangers can give us a nice blowout win (who am I kidding, though, Iol)
I know. It would be nice going into the Foxwoods final five with a comfortable lead and Anderson looking at the bench.

But who are we kidding lol

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My 10 year old son: 'winning the President's Trophy is bad if you're up 3-2 in a series'

Me: That makes NO sense beca-.......well son, you see it's like this.......
*starts thinking heavily*
*head begins to hurt*
I always liked 2-3-2 like they do in baseball.

In a close series, you have both elimination games at home.

Reactions: yrrebbor and romba

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
You know we’re living in bizarre times when we’re looking to the Knicks for inspiration, lol.

But in all seriousness, they came out strong against the Pacers, took a 2-0 series lead and then proceeded to lose game 3 and get absolutely embarrassed in game 4. Then in game 5 they turn around and win by 30. Would love if the Rangers mirrored this.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
You know we’re living in bizarre times when we’re looking to the Knicks for inspiration, lol.

But in all seriousness, they came out strong against the Pacers, took a 2-0 series lead and then proceeded to lose game 3 and get absolutely embarrassed in game 4. Then in game 5 they turn around and win by 30. Would love if the Rangers mirrored this.
I have no doubt there's some osmosis going on between the two teams. They co-habit in the same arena.
We always see Knicks players attending Rangers games. Especially playoff time, when they're rooting for each other and the city double crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad