Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Florida are the bruins of 2011 just too heavy team.
Nah, Florida have decent talent, but are a bunch of dirty, whiny diver's who never fight unless it's a total mismatch in their favor, (Tkachuk - Pasta) who get away with lots of holding and interference....and the refs seem to love them

2011 Bruins were tough men, who didn't dive or whine every time they got hit, but would take a number, and return the favor later in a game or series

Besides having a great all around team, they were well-coached and fairly disciplined

..and Great Champions!!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
FYI .Pld was a leaf killer when they played Columbus in playoffs a few years ago. I really feel he will find his game here. Hope we get him with necas. Reminds me of Bergy and Dk down the middle. Obviously lite versions of them .
He needs to look up his own ass because every year, every team that he suckers into paying him is made to look like chumps. We don't need an underachiever WAY OVERPAID lump like him. We've got our own, and none as useless as him.

Last edited:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I honestly have no idea what they’ll do but the first thing I’m doing is getting the phone buzzing to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk. That guy just wants to win. Every god damn time.
lol isn’t he over at the worlds right now trying to stir it up with guys virtually on vacation? Ya I’d like that guy too.

End of the day this team just didn’t have enough talent or drive in it. They tried though, I’ll give them that.

Think I’ve seen enough of the Sweeney experiment. Montgomery eh, if he wasn’t back it wouldn’t hurt my feeling either. Call Gallant or Quenville and see what their thoughts are.

People have already beaten the #1 centre thing to death but a year from now Draisatl is a free agent. That’s where I would be focusing my attention.
I honestly have no idea what they’ll do but the first thing I’m doing is getting the phone buzzing to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk. That guy just wants to win. Every god damn time.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
There’s still way too many guys above him, provided they bring in the two top 6 guys they need, keep or replace JDB and hopefully bring in some muscle for the 4th line.

Last point….he's terrible in the playoffs, even for a third liner.

No sense in expecting it to change. He is what he is. RS JAG, playoff bust.

For some reason people just want to give him a pass though.

I don’t get it.

He’s OK.

I’d be less annoyed if he blocked a shot to help them win, than him scoring a goal.

The "he" is Heinen, right? We're never going to agree about him, I accept that. But I want to offer a defense against "he's terrible in the playoffs".

Ok, just 1 point in 8 games, +0. That's clearly not great production. But dig a bit deeper. He ranked 1st amongst the Bruins for on-ice SF% 5v5, 3rd in CF% (shot attempts) and 6th in high danger chances for. That suggests some solid play. And per the eye test I thought it was much of the usual from Heinen - battled hard, responsible both with the puck and on defense, made a few really smart passes, can't recall him being involved in any major defensive gaffes or goals against.

He was also injured to the point that he missed 5 games and was probably hampered for one or two before that. But I don't want to rest on that as an excuse. Would you like to see more? Of course, but for a utility who can soak up some decent minutes, keep the opposition honest, and can be used in a variety of situations, I was content with his play.

Depends what he wants, but if he's willing to talk fair money I'd like to see him re-signed. I'd agree he's not really a 4th liner. But I don't think there's as many guys ahead of him in the top 9 as you suggest. Depends how they want to construct the roster and who they bring in. At the least, he has to be in the conversation for being worth keeping around. We'll see how it shakes out.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I wouldn’t call him the whipping boy. But McAvoy has a long way to go before I’d put him up there with a guy like Makar.

Different players sure. But that’s what Boston needs out of him if he’s gonna eat that kind of salary
They're the ones who paid him 9.5 annual and gave him term..

I like Charlie. He is not Cale Makar.

At his best, Charlie plays a very different game. Some of the comments I've seen here, that he's stupid and no good and all the rest, garbage. Absolute garbage.

Charlie can do a lot of things well, and perhaps, going forward he will not try to do too much, or think expectations demand that he be Raymond Bourque.

Again, that's not who he is. Charlie is Charlie. And neither he, his team, his management, his coaches, nor, least of all us fans, should expect him to be anything else.

If he is guilty of anything, it's not stupidity. It's just trying to do too much.

At his best he's a very solid player.

Those who b*tch and moan about McAvoy, well, why don't you get out there and play it?

Get off his back.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Another 82 games and possibly playing leafs in the first round again ( it's the only way) ouch my heart . Gonna buy some pepto stock who owns that company?
And next season they have that prick Berube. IMO they aren't going to be your fathers Leafs. They got tougher this year by quite a bit but still had dead weight in $$$ that mostly Marner was sucking up. THey'll trade him and get a couple of young studs and (maybe a goalie) and be back. The Bruins will improve (I think) but Sweeney needs to be careful and needs to understand their serious lack of physicality, speed, and scoring. They need hockey players who have puppies,
for breakfast. FO needs to understand the need for speed and players with bad attitudes when they get to the destination. Sandpaper. This is the biggest offseason opportunity in the last 15ish years.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Please put it up here, I'd love to see it I'll bet most here would. You've become a fixture here.
And next season they have that prick Berube. IMO they aren't going to be your fathers Leafs. They got tougher this year by quite a bit but still had dead weight in $$$ that mostly Marner was sucking up. THey'll trade him and get a couple of young studs and (maybe a goalie) and be back. The Bruins will improve (I think) but Sweeney needs to be careful and needs to understand their serious lack of physicality, speed, and scoring. They need hockey players who have puppies,
for breakfast. FO needs to understand the need for speed and players with bad attitudes when they get to the destination. Sandpaper. This is the biggest offseason opportunity in the last 15ish years.
Gotta get back bert back from the leafs to counter this berube move I say. That guy is a bruin.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The "he" is Heinen, right? We're never going to agree about him, I accept that. But I want to offer a defense against "he's terrible in the playoffs".

Ok, just 1 point in 8 games, +0. That's clearly not great production. But dig a bit deeper. He ranked 1st amongst the Bruins for on-ice SF% 5v5, 3rd in CF% (shot attempts) and 6th in high danger chances for. That suggests some solid play. And per the eye test I thought it was much of the usual from Heinen - battled hard, responsible both with the puck and on defense, made a few really smart passes, can't recall him being involved in any major defensive gaffes or goals against.

He was also injured to the point that he missed 5 games and was probably hampered for one or two before that. But I don't want to rest on that as an excuse. Would you like to see more? Of course, but for a utility who can soak up some decent minutes, keep the opposition honest, and can be used in a variety of situations, I was content with his play.

Depends what he wants, but if he's willing to talk fair money I'd like to see him re-signed. I'd agree he's not really a 4th liner. But I don't think there's as many guys ahead of him in the top 9 as you suggest. Depends how they want to construct the roster and who they bring in. At the least, he has to be in the conversation for being worth keeping around. We'll see how it shakes out.

In the end, he always comes up short. They needed goals. He, again didn’t produce and never has.

When you have to constantly revert to secondary stats, in order to try to convince people of a players value, it rings hollow to me.

He’s a JAG who does nothing particularly well.

When your best attribute is….

Well, he’s probably not going to hurt you….its just not enough.

Reactions: mar2kbos

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Back in the old Cold War days - we entered round two about 10 years ago - the phrase was, "He's a bastard. But he's our bastard."

I would take Craig Berube, debatable shelf life and all, over Jim Montgomery any day.

And now I must really scoot,

🌜✌️😔

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
It's a valid question because wtf happened to regular season Pasta?

If that guy showed up? We win.

So if he's hurt. It would explain him having zero awareness. Bambi on his skates. Falling all over the ice. Passes to nowhere.

It's baffling. He's our best player. And he didn't show up except that game vs Toronto. That's it. We need more from him. And I think he knows that.
J-SWAY is the BRUINS best player, imho. Pasta's the best player they could trade.

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
You can't win in the playoffs without talent. This year they don't have the talent to make a run so it's fine, last year they were the best regular season team ever and in finished worse than this year.

So at what point do we hold management accountable?

The bruins made the playoffs but this wasn't a playoff team.
Frankly, I don’t know what more management could have done in the last two years. Last year they went all in, and I’m pretty sure the vast majority of Bruins fans are glad they did. Naturally, that cost us this year in bonuses and a lack of cap space. We lost Bergeron, Krejci, Hall, etc. They signed some bargain basement players who actually weren’t too bad (especially Heinen), and with a bunch of mostly mediocre players made the playoffs and won a round.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not particularly fond of the makeup of the team right now. I want to see more snarl, and we need more scoring. But I don’t think we need to blow it up and start all over again.

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
Nah, Florida have decent talent, but are a bunch of dirty, whiny diver's who never fight unless it's a total mismatch in their favor, (Tkachuk - Pasta) who get away with lots of holding and interference....and the refs seem to love them

2011 Bruins were tough men, who didn't dive or whine every time they got hit, but would take a number, and return the favor later in a game or series

Besides having a great all around team, they were well-coached and fairly disciplined

..and Great Champions!!

I agree with this - bunch of fake tough guys on this Florida team they definitely pick their spots. I admire their talent but to compare them to the 2011 bruins is pretty wild.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad