Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don’t necessarily disagree that we can do without him. He did more than others IMO this playoffs. At least he hustled. Yes, we have too many JAGs, including Patrick Brown, who is under contract for one more year.

My point is that our problems lie much more in our top 6 than our bottom 6. I have very little faith Sweeney can remedy that.

oh, I agree entirely that they need to add to the top 6.

I just don’t see how Heinen is back, as none of Heinen, Geekie or Frederic are 2nd liners on a contender.

In a perfect world, if they truly upgrade the top 6, the third line should be..

Frederic Coyle Geekie

Heinen can’t be on the 2nd line again.

And the 4th line is going to have cheaper options, younger guys and/or a Maroon/Looch type.

Don’t see why he’d be back….

If they’re truly committed to upgrading, that is.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
all and all. good season.
never thought theyd win game 5.
figured theyd lose tonight.
they just suck at home. its baffling
There hasn't been home ice advantage in Boston for a very long time

It's way beyond time to fix the ice surface

..and what's with all these crazy bounces off the boards and stanchions??

TD Garden needs a makeover ...if not just to get rid of all the bad playoff karma

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

TD Garden needs a makeover ...if not just to get rid of all the bad playoff karma
Simple fix is stop playing that bon Jovi track.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017

Much like NESN’s broadcast, it needs to be much better

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think the boys should hold their heads up high. Everyone of them, yes, some more than others but generally they over achieved .

Not a Sweeney fan but I thought he did really well piecing a team together with limited resources after going all in last year.

Monty is Monty , great regular season coach, deer in the headlights in the PO'S. That's who he is. At some point those too many men penalties fall back on his lap. That was a ridiculous amount of too many men penalties, period.

A 1C , especially a power forward type would go a long way in slotting players where they should be in the lineup.

If they could sign a 2C as well , we have a contender.

Gonna be sad to see Ullmark go but it seems inevitable at this point.

Don't really have a big issue with JDB but I think that money would be better spent filling in the needs at center. Good luck to him if that's the way it works out.

The D core looks solid to me when everyone is healthy. Mac didn't have a great PO'S but that has a lot to do with the shortages at forward positions , specifically at C.

Gonna need some more truculence on this team if they're gonna compete in the PO'S .

Finally, the Bruins were outmatched in this series, sad that the refs were so bad that they erased what little chance the Bruins had. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I live another 100 years I will never understand why the rules change when PO time comes around . It's the dumbest shit in sports and it really takes a lot away from the game. The refs have no idea how to call a game when the parameters change, it looks ridiculous because it is.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I think the boys should hold their heads up high. Everyone of them, yes, some more than others but generally they over achieved .

Not a Sweeney fan but I thought he did really well piecing a team together with limited resources after going all in last year.

Monty is Monty , great regular season coach, deer in the headlights in the PO'S. That's who he is. At some point those too many men penalties fall back on his lap. That was a ridiculous amount of too many men penalties, period.

A 1C , especially a power forward type would go a long way in slotting players where they should be in the lineup.

If they could sign a 2C as well , we have a contender.

Gonna be sad to see Ullmark go but it seems inevitable at this point.

Don't really have a big issue with JDB but I think that money would be better spent filling in the needs at center. Good luck to him if that's the way it works out.

The D core looks solid to me when everyone is healthy. Mac didn't have a great PO'S but that has a lot to do with the shortages at forward positions , specifically at C.

Gonna need some more truculence on this team if they're gonna compete in the PO'S .

Finally, the Bruins were outmatched in this series, sad that the refs were so bad that they erased what little chance the Bruins had. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I live another 100 years I will never understand why the rules change when PO time comes around . It's the dumbest shit in sports and it really takes a lot away from the game. The refs have no idea how to call a game when the parameters change, it looks ridiculous because it is.
Yep 3 to 1 series lead to 2 to 2 are huge factors. That coyle incident was a debacle.

Just wouldn’t get in a price war with him. If he wants to play here on a decent contract fine. He wants to max what he can get then see ya
Love him on the third line at 4 million aav torching the leafs. That's depth. Hopefully he stays.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad