Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Do we know if Pasta was nursing an injury...those who go to games and see what we can't see on tv?

I'm genuinely curious

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The better team won. In fact, I seriously doubt a more talent-challenged team has ever even gone this far in the PO's.
Thank you, J-SWAY for allowing the BRUINS to go this far. You are the best player on the BRUINS.
Marchy came back tonight and if I was him, I'd seriously consider retirement.
Pasta continues to be an overpaid O-TP. Please trade his ass. They won't, but I can wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hope Maroon is back. Add some gritty speed in the bottom 6. Lots of guys can go, Sweeney and Monty among them, actually the whole coaching staff can go.

If Maroon is back, I want him on the coaching staff. He can barely move, and it's not gonna get better. I can't imagine hw bad he would look if we asked him to play 80 games. he was one of the problems in the postseason

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
That 2019 miss hurts me more after watching this. I still cant forget and move on. I know its impossible to reach finals with all this parity. Imagine playing the leafs again first round next year. How many times can you keep beating the same team again and again. They pissed and have a new coach now. Detroit getting better . Tampa is still tampa and Florida is top dog. I'm a optimist but also realist. It's a crapshoot to get to the finals and actually win it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sucks that the one weak goal Sway let up all playoffs was then. Heck of a run for him. 1000% faith in him as the goalie of the next decade. We didn’t score on a number of great chances and it cost us.

Disappointing but low expectations to enter the season. Got some experience for some young guys and there will be changes this summer. Made it interesting against a heck of a team. We’re not as far off as we look.

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
Sweeney had his hands tied after going for it last year. Montgomery isn't why we lost to FLA. BOS wasn't as good as the record this year to be honest and they lost in the 2nd round and they were in the series by losing in the last minute of game 6.

Swayman proved he's the future in net and the D corps is good. Offense needs improvement and it should be improved this offseason. The sky isn't falling.
This. No one expected much with this talent, which was an obvious level below Florida. And with the cap issues after going for it last year, definitely beat expectations and learned a lot about the players in the process.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
I like playoff Debrusk, he's like Michael Ryder, but why would he stay here the way we treat him? He'll go home to Edmonton or another small market

And good riddance. He's just as likely to go 40 games without scoring as anything else.

Let's not overpay for guys who are cogs in the 20 shots and 1 goal a game avg over a entire series.

It's time to move on.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The better team won. In fact, I seriously doubt a more talent-challenged team ever even went this far in the PO's.
Thank you, J-SWAY for allowing the BRUINS to go this far. You are the best player on the BRUINS.
Marchy came back tonight and if I was him, I'd seriously consider retirement.
Pasta continues to be an overpaid O-TP. Please trade his ass. They won't, but I can wish.
91 North Stars?

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
Thought wotherspoon was scary bad tonight. He has no puck skills. Most of our D were on their heels rimming it around or going off the glass like peewee hockey. Would’ve taken shattenkirk over him just for another guy that can make a clean break out pass or something that leads to play.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You can't get that player without letting go of one of your overpaid guys.

The cap is why they placed this team in the first place.
Huh? NYR had a season like ours last year and we’re Presidents winners there was no scenario where we don’t play Florida first or second round.

We should improve the center position but you can’t complain too much what we got the year immediately after Bergeron and DK.

Who is overpaid and a bad contract? Gryz and Forbort but they’re expiring. We don’t have any. Lindholm could become one in the future but that is it right now.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins lost to a clearly superior team.
At least they didn't lose 4 straight again like in 2018 and 2020 against Tampa.

Hats off to Monty ... winning 6 playoff games with that roster was not to be expected.
3-11 in playoffs on home ice and 7 too many men penalties.That was 1 every 2nd game.Great regular season coach but he stunk to these playoffs for sure .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad