Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I didn’t know if this team was going to make the playoffs. I sure as hell didn’t think they would win a playoff series. Positive year for a transition year but now real work needs to be done. For anyone suggesting trading Pasta or McAvoy you are wasting your time. It’s not going to happen. After Ullmark is dealt over $26 million in cap space. I believe Lindholm will be the target but a center is a must. Lot of positives this year and a lot to build on. Biggest thing is Swayman is a one. No doubt about it. Pay him.

Definitely went further than I thought on October 1.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It's been 9 years since the bruins traded a core piece (lucic) and only cause they didn't have the cap and he was basically already done.

I don't want Sweeney to keep his job but if he's gonna be here he has to do something.

You can't keep bringing in the same old shit and expecting the same results.

Slow ass no skilled teams in 2024 doesn't work.
1 more good high end forward and retool the bottom 6 is all we need. The maroon experience was shameful and he was terrible.

It was a close series were a top 5 NHL team and if not we’re 6-7 at worst. Zero reason to go crazy.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
It was a transition year… be proud of the boys! Core is deeper and stronger because of this! Poitras, Brasseau, and some surprises plus core learning and a lot of cap space this year. 2025 maybe our year. Sways was amazing. Goalie issues everywhere Ulmark is going get us a haul. Lot of good things. Be proud!

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Obviously Ullmark is gone and that's a good start but marchand probably should retire.

Charlie makes too much money for the production you get out of him and pasta is soft as f***.

Too much money is tied up in guys who aren't giving you a f***ing thing.

That has to change.

Pasta isn’t soft at all, Florida was very good at completely neutralizing him

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
1 more good high end forward and retool the bottom 6 is all we need. The maroon experience was shameful and he was terrible.

It was a close series were a top 5 NHL team and if not we’re 6-7 at worst. Zero reason to go crazy.

You can't get that player without letting go of one of your overpaid guys.

The cap is why they placed this team in the first place.

Reactions: Gordoff

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I didn't have high expectations for them this year but they were able to achieve more if they had only prepared for every game. Them allowing a goal in the final 5 mins was a thing for the last half of the season so no surprise there.

Hopefully some faces aren't there next year. Overall the team wasn't all that entertaining to watch.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
trade McAvoy while you can before his NMC kicks in
honestly, that guy is a joke even remotely to be mentioned in a Norris trophy conversation
all he can do is make a stupid pass

also, fire Sweeney and Montgomery
Sweeney had his hands tied after going for it last year. Montgomery isn't why we lost to FLA. BOS wasn't as good as the record this year to be honest and they lost in the 2nd round and they were in the series by losing in the last minute of game 6.

Swayman proved he's the future in net and the D corps is good. Offense needs improvement and it should be improved this offseason. The sky isn't falling.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
B’s are a clear rung below Florida and the Rangers.

The right two teams are in the ECF.

B’s have so far been able to retool on the fly.
Big question is if they can keep running ahead of the giant boulder that’s been chasing them for some time now.

Have to turn to roster over a little bit despite having cash to play with.

Get a little more dynamic up front.

And are there moves to be made on the back end?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Great year in the end, they beat expectations. We saw some glaring holes in the playoffs mainly down the middle that need to be priority one to fix. Hopefully the pain of a loss adds to the experience and killer instinct of the core, that’s part of it. I hope it’s an offseason full of culture reinforcement and adding some sand paper and bite back to the bruins. Thanks for all the great times here this season everyone! They took the cats to 6 so Don gets book it backup on every book it next season.

Last edited:

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Can’t win if you don’t score more than 1 goal. Made it further than expected. Some major question marks and major disappointments but going to focus on the silver linings.

Swayman
Debrusk
Brazeau
Carlo
Marchand

All impresses night after night.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Meh, they showed-up. Don’t score on your myriad chances these things happen. Same old song and dance. At least we have Swayman going forward.

I’d also like to apologize to Alicat for swearing at her. Adrenaline-fueled reflex action. Sorry Alicat. You give wayyyy more to our board than I ever could and we all appreciate it.
How about we don’t eat each other alive tonight, people. Let’s save our venom for the Sammy, Matty et al in the Rangers series.
Go Rags!
Go Bruins!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad