Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 5/17 7:11 PM - SUNRISE OR BUST - Florida leads series 3-2 - TNT, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Please score more than two goals and at least one more than Florida.

Game 7 tickets? ... told my son if he buys I'll drive us the 5 hours to Sunrise.
I already looked into flights and tickets for this series. Ultimately, i just don’t wanna be down there. Tampa Bay? Yeah i may have gone for that trip.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I already looked into flights and tickets for this series. Ultimately, i just don’t wanna be down there. Tampa Bay? Yeah i may have gone for that trip.
I'm about 80 miles north of Tampa ... I don't relish the thought of driving to Southern Florida Sunrise Miami area but for a game seven if my son bought the tickets I would do that.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Has anyone put up the article from the Athletic by Fluto regarding this? Good article, but a LOT of Boston/Marchand haters out there wishing him bad. Of course, seeing that, many of us gave it back. Some said that they hated him but would like him on their team. Others outright hate him. Then there are the DB's who hate the honesty that he said and said he was threatening to injure other players and that "he ought to be suspended for 46 games." How they came up with that arbitrary number is beyond me.

Reactions: BTO

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
What kind of "allergy shot?" I'm afraid that it's Pneumonia since they haven't had me go for an X-ray yet. Doctor said that if nothing works X-rays next.
X-Rays are done at another building and I just couldn't breath enough deal with walking in the thick damp air a half mile to the other building.
Ragweed, dog and a few other trees and grass.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not really, not in todays society. People threw batteries at a baseball player a few years back.
Imagine a battery, thrown from the upper deck, and hitting a baseball player in the head . Hockey players are well protected, so most likely wouldn't hurt, but who knows what fanatical fans will do.
I truely am losing hope in humanity.
I remember the Rangers fans doing that and bear bottles IIRC in the '60s. Nothing new here, but 95% of players back then didn't wear helmets.

Ragweed, dog and a few other trees and grass.
My asthma has gotten worse but up until this week I've been refilling the nebulizers and not using them. Dumb I know but now I'm forced to use it 6 times a day. They gave me a treatment in the doctors office and that really helped. We've all got to get better for the positive vibes to send to the B's players. Last game, I had to go to bed for the 3rd period. That was a first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Has anyone put up the article from the Athletic by Fluto regarding this? Good article, but a LOT of Boston/Marchand haters out there wishing him bad. Of course, seeing that, many of us gave it back. Some said that they hated him but would like him on their team. Others outright hate him. Then there are the DB's who hate the honesty that he said and said he was threatening to injure other players and that "he ought to be suspended for 46 games." How they came up with that arbitrary number is beyond me.
I posted it.

Should be able to access.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Daughter stayed home all last week with us, some sort of stomach flu head cold mega virus. Yesterday one of the boys went down with it. Hurled thrice. Then felt better at night but popped a 101.5 fever, so he’s home again w me today

So i took today off and we have been hanging. Luckily, my kids are such perfect patients. I wish they were this well behaved all the time lol

Game 5 i was super calm all day, it was weird. I had low expectations i think. Once the puck dropped i was all in. Today, maybe it’s because I’ve had my focus on a sick kid (and the kitchen cabinets and appliances were delivered today!) but I’m super relaxed about tonight again.

I have to believe that this group has another solid effort left in them. Man to man, how can they accept anything less than a 100 percent buy in from each and every one of them tonight?

I think the Bruins go f***ing bonkers tonight. No idea how it looks on the score sheet, but for once I truly believe they do us proud

I keep seeing those ooni ovens, and we’ve been making pizzas for us and the kids quite a bit but using the air fryer or the oven. Clearly you’re enjoying it, but do you find it worth the upgrade from just using the oven?
Get a pizza stone that will withstand higher grill temperatures (they are thicker). You're life with be changed forever.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
They cook SO FAST. It's really easy to make personalized pies for everyone, or a make your own station. You're limited on space with an air fryer or oven, and you are with this too, but they cook in less than 2 mins so you can have individual pizzas made for the whole family in less time it would take to make one or two in the oven or air fryer. We have a dual fuel one so you can use wood for more of the wood-fired flavor or hook up a propane tank for simplicity.

Tonight I think we'll do a BBQ chicken pizza, a prosciutto, mozz and arugula pizza (I know, @NeelyDan , I know), and either a plain cheese or a 'roni.

I think the kids would have a lot of fun with it.
mmmm, I have one as well ...now I might be firing mine up ...after they win..celebratory Hawaiian with jalapenos...key to the ooni is not to load up the pizza with too many toppings!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Get a pizza stone that will withstand higher grill temperatures (they are thicker). You're life with be changed forever.
I used to have a really heavy pizza stone, with huge steel handles that hooked under it. That thing was so bad ass. Not sure where it went, and I haven’t seen it since the ol’ divorce thing happened. Sooooo I bet i know where it is actually

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I have a stone, it definitely makes a difference.

Pizza steels are actually objectively better as conductors of surface heat, but more expensive. I ended up settling for a 14-inch stone rather than paying significantly more for the steel. Eventually if I make more pizza and bread in the future I'll upgrade, but right now the stone works fine.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
I said it before the last game, and I will say it again…I won’t freak out if they lose tonight.

For a team that was in self-imposed cap hell and mourning the loss of two all-time bruins greats…making the playoffs was no guarantee.

Instead, they went out and pushed all season long ending up just 5 points out of the freakin’ President’s trophy. Follow that up with a first round series win and playing well enough in the second round to make it a series…talk about gravy!!

A win tonight would be icing on this slice of surprise cake!

LET’S GO BRUINS!!!

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Hope they leave it all out there on the ice tonight, and may the hockey gods reward them a W at home. The B's have objectively overachieved this year vs. preseason expectations but at the same time you only get so many shots at the cup in a career so hopefully they understand that and are able to tilt the ice despite their holes on the roster. Enjoy everyone and don't forget "it's just a game" as the anxiety and stess mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad