Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 5/17 7:11 PM - SUNRISE OR BUST - Florida leads series 3-2 - TNT, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Daughter stayed home all last week with us, some sort of stomach flu head cold mega virus. Yesterday one of the boys went down with it. Hurled thrice. Then felt better at night but popped a 101.5 fever, so he’s home again w me today

So i took today off and we have been hanging. Luckily, my kids are such perfect patients. I wish they were this well behaved all the time lol

Game 5 i was super calm all day, it was weird. I had low expectations i think. Once the puck dropped i was all in. Today, maybe it’s because I’ve had my focus on a sick kid (and the kitchen cabinets and appliances were delivered today!) but I’m super relaxed about tonight again.

I have to believe that this group has another solid effort left in them. Man to man, how can they accept anything less than a 100 percent buy in from each and every one of them tonight?

I think the Bruins go f***ing bonkers tonight. No idea how it looks on the score sheet, but for once I truly believe they do us proud

Plan on firing up the Ooni for some pizzas before the game. Debating bringing the tv out on the deck but will probably be a little cool by puckdrop.
I keep seeing those ooni ovens, and we’ve been making pizzas for us and the kids quite a bit but using the air fryer or the oven. Clearly you’re enjoying it, but do you find it worth the upgrade from just using the oven?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Feel better, I have been battling something for 3 weeks now.
Going on over a month for me. Anti-biotics, steroids, pro-biotics other natural stuff and another therapy so far aren't doing it. Temperature is low grade fever which I've never had to fight for so long.

• Wow
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
the B'S get the Captain back and they are at Home is a Must win or done.
i am hoping to get the Good bruins team tonight no way can they lose again to the Panthers at home and watch them celebrate on our ice IS THERE? go out and play tonight and don't leave it all on Sway shoulders please leave it all on the ice

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Daughter stayed home all last week with us, some sort of stomach flu head cold mega virus. Yesterday one of the boys went down with it. Hurled thrice. Then felt better at night but popped a 101.5 fever, so he’s home again w me today

So i took today off and we have been hanging. Luckily, my kids are such perfect patients. I wish they were this well behaved all the time lol

Game 5 i was super calm all day, it was weird. I had low expectations i think. Once the puck dropped i was all in. Today, maybe it’s because I’ve had my focus on a sick kid (and the kitchen cabinets and appliances were delivered today!) but I’m super relaxed about tonight again.

I have to believe that this group has another solid effort left in them. Man to man, how can they accept anything less than a 100 percent buy in from each and every one of them tonight?

I think the Bruins go f***ing bonkers tonight. No idea how it looks on the score sheet, but for once I truly believe they do us proud

I keep seeing those ooni ovens, and we’ve been making pizzas for us and the kids quite a bit but using the air fryer or the oven. Clearly you’re enjoying it, but do you find it worth the upgrade from just using the oven?

They cook SO FAST. It's really easy to make personalized pies for everyone, or a make your own station. You're limited on space with an air fryer or oven, and you are with this too, but they cook in less than 2 mins so you can have individual pizzas made for the whole family in less time it would take to make one or two in the oven or air fryer. We have a dual fuel one so you can use wood for more of the wood-fired flavor or hook up a propane tank for simplicity.

Tonight I think we'll do a BBQ chicken pizza, a prosciutto, mozz and arugula pizza (I know, @NeelyDan , I know), and either a plain cheese or a 'roni.

I think the kids would have a lot of fun with it.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Seguin led the Bruins in scoring that year as a 19 year old,. with prime Bergeron and Krejci. He has also played in as many cups as those guys, with one more conference finals. MMQB but keeping Seguin over Krejci would have been a no brainer after 2013, but you could have kept all three with that gorgeous contract Chia signed him too. That trade gave @EverettMike and myself PTSD of the 4th of July's to follow.
You guys weren't alone there...

Reactions: HustleB

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
BRUINS

What is it that the Bruins players admire most in each other?​

By Conor Ryan Boston.com Staff,Updated May 17, 2024, 1 hour ago

The blistering shot of David Pastrnak is one no other Bruin can match — and one that a lot of his teammates would like to have.
The blistering shot of David Pastrnak is one no other Bruin can match — and one that a lot of his teammates would like to have.JIM DAVIS/GLOBE STAFF
Every player in a black-and-gold sweater Friday night was fixated on the same goal against the Panthers.
But each Bruins player has his own unique skill set.
David Pastrnak is at his best uncorking a blistering one-timer from the left circle, but a winning shift from Johnny Beecher likely involves a successful forecheck generated off his 0-to-60 acceleration.
Charlie McAvoy has the heft and timing to send opponents into the stratosphere with a bone-rattling hit, while Brandon Carlo uses his reach and stickwork to intercept passes and snuff out scoring chances.
But what is the most coveted skill or trait? We posed a simple question to several Bruins: Which skill from a teammate would you most want to add to your game?
Advertisement

There was far from a consensus.
David Pastrnak’s shot
Stay-at-home defenseman Derek Forbort might have said it best.
Get Garden Party
A seasonal pop-up newsletter covering everything you need to know about the Celtics' and Bruins' postseasons.
Enter Email
“Pasta’s scoring ability,” he said. “Because then I’d make a lot more money.”
Pastrnak is in the first season of an eight-year, $90 million contract, thanks largely to his ability to shred the sturdiest defensive structures, often with his howitzer of a one-timer.

“He’s very good at getting pucks through and obviously picking his spots,” Hampus Lindholm said. “Just kind of finding that open net is a skill that few master, and it’s fun to see when he does it.”
Offensive-minded defenseman Mason Lohrei wields a wicked wrist shot, as Panthers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky can attest. But Pastrnak’s one-timer is in a class of its own, according to the rookie.
“I don’t have the greatest one-timer in the world, something I’ve been working on a lot,” Lohrei said. “So I could wake up one day with his one-timer? I think that might have to be the one I’d go with. It’s nuts.”
Advertisement

But Pastrnak is far from a one-trick pony. Not only does he have the hands to beat goalies in tight or on breakaways, he made significant strides in his playmaking this season, recording a career-best 63 assists.

“I would say Pasta’s stickhandling or elusiveness,” Trent Frederic said. “I’ll take that. The stuff he does, just slipping past guys and keeps [the puck]? I’m like, I can’t do that.”
Unlike his partner in net Linus Ullmark, Jeremy Swayman is still in search of that sought-after goalie goal. Having a shot like Pastrnak’s could help.
“Goal scorer, baby,” Swayman said. “I think having a Pasta drag-and-shoot without looking? That’s a sick trait to have.”

Straight-line speed
Over the span of his impressive career, Brad Marchand has gone from a fourth-line pest to a franchise winger. He has seen his game evolve, as his defensive skills and playmaking flourished.
But there are some skills that just can’t be honed. As such, Marchand didn’t take long to give his answer.
“I would take Johnny Beecher’s speed,” Marchand said. “I think in this day and age, the most important thing is your skating ability. He’s probably the most gifted skater I’ve ever played with.
“I don’t think you can skate well enough in this game, especially nowadays. It just keeps getting faster. It’s hard to improve. It’s hard to teach it. Once you get to this level, you kind of have what you have and you can improve it a little bit but not to that level.
Advertisement

“So yeah, I would take Johnny’s speed. He’s got a gift.”

Another fourth-line stalwart received a shout-out for his speed.
“I don’t know if I’m in a spot to get the Pasta shot off all the time,” Andrew Peeke said. “So I’m going to not say that one. I’m going with some elusive skaters. Maybe [Jesper] Boqvist’s skating, his skating ability to pivot out of turns and break away from guys. That’s pretty fun to watch.
“Something like that would probably help me a little bit.”

Puck magnets
Charlie Coyle was another popular choice among his teammates, in large part for his ability to play keep-away with the puck.
The 6-foot-3-inch, 218-pound Coyle is hard to steer away from Grade A ice when he’s skating with a head of steam, and is often an anchor along the boards when shielding the puck.
“I would say probably Charlie Coyle’s physique,” Bogvist said. “Like, how he can skate with, like, two guys on his back and still make plays. And that’s something I’m working on and I’ve been better, but I still have a long way to go.”

Jakub Lauko concurred with Boqvist, noting that Coyle’s puck protection often leads to quality chances in the offensive zone.
“I’ll probably take CC’s puck protection,” said Lauko. ”The guy’s a horse. It’s unbelievable how he can hold onto a puck and go in and around and just get the biscuit — and he’s not giving it to anyone.
Advertisement

“You’ve got Pasta’s hands, his release. Marchy’s ability to go one-on-one and stuff like that. But I think that CC’s puck protection and ability to hold onto the puck is one of the most impressive ones.”
At 6-2, 195, Danton Heinen may not have the same frame as Coyle, but his skill with the stick allows him to fish pucks out of board battles, disrupt passing lanes, and jump-start the transition game.
“I’ll take Heino’s stick,” Beecher said. “The guy’s a magnet. Guy gets every puck.
“You just see him on the forecheck, he always gets his stick in the right spot, is always able to break up plays, find the next guy open. D-zone, penalty kill.
“His stick details are just unbelievable down there. It helps our team out tremendously. That’s how you win games, especially this time of the year. So props to him and I’ll try and learn that skill.”

▪ Freight-train hits
Morgan Geekie is no stranger to landing hits, ranking fifth on the team this year with 137. But he still covets some of his teammates’ ability to shift the momentum of a game with a highlight-reel hit.

“I think I would take Charlie McAvoy’s,” Geekie said. “Can I take two? I’ll take his skating and his physicality.
“I think he moves so well. He’s a big guy. And the way he moves and the physicality he plays with? It would definitely help add to my game for sure.”
Advertisement

Confidence and a short memory
Pastrnak’s shooting might be the obvious pick for a sought-after skill, but Coyle believes that Pastrnak’s most underrated trait is his ability to flush miscues and poor shifts out his mind.
Hockey can be a game of mistakes, and few players have the ability to let them roll off their shoulders to the degree Pastrnak does, according to Coyle.
“I think Pasta’s ability to — I don’t know how to word this — almost kind of his confidence to try things or just be himself and to do certain things and shoot the puck as much as he does,” said Coyle.
“I always look at Pasta and just his demeanor, how he goes about things. A guy who cares so much. But I think he’s very good at letting things kind of — if he messes up, he can put it behind him and move on. I think that’s what really good players are able to do.”
Carlo also praised Pastrnak’s poise under pressure.
“I think the biggest thing that I’ve noticed in the skilled players within this league is having a sort of mentality and being calm and confident,” Carlo said. “That’s something that I always admire within a player and notice that the top guys always have.
“So that’s something that I’m trying to emulate and just have for myself.”
Marchand’s inner drive
It should come as little surprise that Marchand is revered in the Bruins dressing room — even when he’s not able to take the ice.
But beyond his evident skills and pugnacious style of play, several of Marchand’s teammates praised his mind-set and unyielding competitiveness.
“It’s the whole competitiveness with Marchy,” Pavel Zacha said. “He’s probably the most competitive guy I’ve ever played against or played with. If it’s in a practice or in a game, he’s always pushing to get better.”
“Marchy’s competitiveness — it’s relentless,” Swayman said. “It’s something that I get to look up to every day and watch and replicate.”

“It’s a good mixture of everything,” Ullmark said. “He’s gone and he’s taken a long route. He started off in Providence and worked his way up as a fourth-line guy, kept improving and improving.
“Now you see — all-time goal scorer in Bruins [playoff] history. That’s a lot of credit to that guy. And if he didn’t have that mentality and the professionalism, the mental strength and the tenacity, he wouldn’t be here. He wouldn’t be our captain.”

Conor Ryan can be reached at [email protected].
Show comments

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Assuming Marchand is back in tonight, I'm hoping he provides a spark and everyone rallies around him with some much-needed extra energy and grit.

Still convinced the challenge is 80% mental for this team. Play hard, fast and without fear and we could easily have another performance like Game 1 and shift most of the pressure back onto the Panthers for a change.
Problem is that when Brad is out there trying to do it all they seem to stagnate and are waiting for him to pull them all up by their bootstraps. They stand there and watch him instead of taking on his attitude. Last game they had to look in the mirror and stop screwing around. Can/will they do it tonight or go back into thier East/West game posture?

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They cook SO FAST. It's really easy to make personalized pies for everyone, or a make your own station. You're limited on space with an air fryer or oven, and you are with this too, but they cook in less than 2 mins so you can have individual pizzas made for the whole family in less time it would take to make one or two in the oven or air fryer. We have a dual fuel one so you can use wood for more of the wood-fired flavor or hook up a propane tank for simplicity.

Tonight I think we'll do a BBQ chicken pizza, a prosciutto, mozz and arugula pizza (I know, @NeelyDan , I know), and either a plain cheese or a 'roni.

I prefer a crazy high temp cooked pizza. Everything crisps nice. I’ll have to give this a closer look

Reactions: BMC and Kate08

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Going on over a month for me. Anti-biotics, steroids, pro-biotics other natural stuff and another therapy so far aren't doing it. Temperature is low grade fever which I've never had to fight for so long.
I got my allergy shot today just to see if it would help. Fingers crossed. A good nebulizer treatment is probably what I really need to fully kick it out tho.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Franchise center? Seguin isn't even the franchise center on Dallas, Benn is. Do we really think he was going to be a franchise center on a team with Bergeron and Krejci?
I'll answer that, he may not have been the number one right away but with those 2 mentoring him maybe he could've been. Not sure. But what I do know is that they didn't have anyone after that trade to pick up the mantel and run with it. Even though he's no Benn, he's also no Zacha. It's too bad he did whatever he did and that Chiarelli didn't practice patience and get a better return for him. Maybe just 1 of the players and 1st or 2nd draft pick.

Reactions: BMC

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
All throat & head for me, my wife has it now.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Please score more than two goals and at least one more than Florida.

Game 7 tickets? ... told my son if he buys I'll drive us the 5 hours to Sunrise.

Reactions: ProdigalFan and BMC

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I got my allergy shot today just to see if it would help. Fingers crossed. A good nebulizer treatment is probably what I really need to fully kick it out tho.
Besides all that they gave me they also gave me a nebulizer and I bought an "extender" from the office for $20. They're $40 at the drug store.

Reactions: Alicat

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I’d rather eat a pizza with ocular herpes as a topping

• Wow
Reactions: DoubleBack

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
All throat & head for me, my wife has it now.
Throat, unrelenting cough, unrelenting headache mild temperature. The cough is what's getting to me the most. If I don't take all of everything I mentioned AND Nyquil I wouldn't be able to sleep, which gets you weaker and weaker.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I guess they're afraid that she'll take it into the ladies room and fashion a shiv out of it!?! It really gets to the point of idiocy with these people. What, she might throw it at a Panthers head? Such paranoid fear and lunacy.
Not really, not in todays society. People threw batteries at a baseball player a few years back.
Imagine a battery, thrown from the upper deck, and hitting a baseball player in the head . Hockey players are well protected, so most likely wouldn't hurt, but who knows what fanatical fans will do.
I truely am losing hope in humanity.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What kind of "allergy shot?" I'm afraid that it's Pneumonia since they haven't had me go for an X-ray yet. Doctor said that if nothing works X-rays next.
X-Rays are done at another building and I just couldn't breath enough deal with walking in the thick damp air a half mile to the other building.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Throat, unrelenting cough, unrelenting headache mild temperature. The cough is what's getting to me the most. If I don't take all of everything I mentioned AND Nyquil I wouldn't be able to sleep, which gets you weaker and weaker.
Have you tried Buckleys some people won’t take it because of the taste but it works the best ,you may need a puffer for the cough,maybe you have bronchitis or pneumonia.Used to get that kind of relentless cough alot,bronchitis and pneumonia,it really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad