Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 5/17 7:11 PM - SUNRISE OR BUST - Florida leads series 3-2 - TNT, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Stop with the overpassing in an attempt to make the perfect shot.

If the Bruins were a team full of snipers they could get away with being picky about when/where they shoot the puck & it wouldn't matter if they only got 3 SOG in one period because at least one shot would find the back of the net.
They are not that team. They only have 1 sniper (Pastrnak). The rest are average shooters so they need to shoot a lot more pucks at the net to have a chance at putting one past the goaltender.

Instead of precision bombing think indiscriminate bombing. I want the Bruins to rain shots on Bobrovsky from every possible angle. He's not that good. He can be beaten.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I still think it came down to Seguin or Marchand and they chose Marchand because they had the two centers but needed wingers.

Still, you have to get more in a trade for that kind of player. Like a 1st at least, cmon, a higher potential young player. something!
The B's were/are in the habit of trading a Quarter for two dimes and a nickle. Thornton and Seguin are the two best examples. You should never trade generational talent for quantity. I'd say Thornton and Sequin never lived up to their potential, but when they were traded, the sky was the limit for them. Sure Joe had a long career, and put up big numbers, but when he was in the playoffs, I don't think he ever rose to the occasion.

Reactions: BMC and KWbruin

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Really hope they stop dicking around and just fire rubber toward the net. Even if they’re forced to aim six feet wide. Just grip it and rip it. I keep saying it, but the puck has gotta hit SOMETHING on its way. Get some garbage goals and keep firing

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Stop with the overpassing in an attempt to make the perfect shot.

If the Bruins were a team full of snipers they could get away with being picky about when/where they shoot the puck & it wouldn't matter if they only got 3 SOG in one period because at least one shot would find the back of the net.
They are not that team. They only have 1 sniper (Pastrnak). The rest are average shooters so they need to shoot a lot more pucks at the net to have a chance at putting one past the goaltender.

Instead of precision bombing think indiscriminate bombing. I want the Bruins to rain shots on Bobrovsky from every possible angle. He's not that good. He can be beaten.
Great post as usual.

I can see you’re ready.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
The point if this team shows-up then they have a perfectly reasonable chance of beating Florida, especially with our goaltending. It’s not a case of if they show-up they win, but of if they show-up they a good chance of winning, especially with our goaltending. The question is will they show-up. I’ve never seen a team shoot itself in the foot as much as the Bruins. So shoot on net instead. Go Bruins!!!!
and shoot high on the net!

Reactions: BTO

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Lets think outside the box. Instead of talking smack to them and antagonizing them, shower them with compliments! Instead of hitting them give them some nice warm hugs! They will never know what hit them! 😻

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
My seat for tonight just sold. I put it up for sale at 3 am.

I hope @GahdenRinkRat gets someone nice to sit with

In my 23 years as a STH this will be the first Playoff game I miss....feels weird.

Well, this just confirms that they're going to win tonight and game 7 because they can't end the season with no Ladyfan in the house.

I missed 2 playoff games in my time as a STH. One was game 7 against Montreal in 2011 for my college roommate's rehearsal dinner, which they obviously won. We made enough on that sale to pay for the entire next round. Also, my friend is now divorced.

The second was 4/17/17, the day I ran the Boston Marathon. Those seats and stairs would NOT have worked for me. We lost that one, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad