Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 5/17 7:11 PM - SUNRISE OR BUST - Florida leads series 3-2 - TNT, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This is where I wanted to be the morning of a do-or-die Game 6: reliving the Seguin trade.

A little early for a bleachtini, but I think I'll have two.
Hey my only question was how the Bruins got Pasta and MvAvoy
BRUINS BACK AGANIST THE WALL AT HOME
Time again to put up or shut up to get this tied and not to have Fla celebrate two years in a row on Home ICE
Exactly ,and if you lose 3 games at home in a series you don’t deserve to advance .

Reactions: Gordoff

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So, let’s get this thread back on track.

How do you think the Bruins will do tonight?

I literally have no idea. They have the best player on the ice in the single most important position, and when you have "the goalie" you can beat literally anyone. This is the Jim Craig Corollary.

But it's still probably 50/50 at best, and over 5 games the Panther have pretty easily outplayed the Bs. Boston was good in game 5 and I thought Florida looked flat, so I expect things to settle somewhere between those two extremes.

I know it's a cop out, but I have no prediction.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I literally have no idea. They have the best player on the ice in the single most important position, and when you have "the goalie" you can beat literally anyone. This is the Jim Craig Corollary.

But it's still probably 50/50 at best, and over 5 games the Panther have pretty easily outplayed the Bs. Boston was good in game 5 and I thought Florida looked flat, so I expect things to settle somewhere between those two extremes.

I know it's a cop out, but I have no prediction.
Though it shouldn't be this way, both teams have seemed to be under pressure at home and neither has handled it well.

Reactions: EverettMike

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
Assuming Marchand is back in tonight, I'm hoping he provides a spark and everyone rallies around him with some much-needed extra energy and grit.

Still convinced the challenge is 80% mental for this team. Play hard, fast and without fear and we could easily have another performance like Game 1 and shift most of the pressure back onto the Panthers for a change.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I’m missing something here how did the Bruins get McAvoy and Pasternak for Seguin don’t remember him getting traded for picks ,he went with Peverly and can’t remember the others for Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow.So how did that turn into Pasta and MCAvoy.
It didn't directly get us those two, and I suppose Pasta could've been had regardless (I always forget how late he was picked), but the team sucking for a couple years, largely influenced by getting a crap return for a franchise center, lead to us missing the playoffs thus getting the chance to draft McAvoy.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It didn't directly get us those two, and I suppose Pasta could've been had regardless (I always forget how late he was picked), but the team sucking for a couple years, largely influenced by getting a crap return for a franchise center, lead to us missing the playoffs thus getting the chance to draft McAvoy.

Franchise center? Seguin isn't even the franchise center on Dallas, Benn is. Do we really think he was going to be a franchise center on a team with Bergeron and Krejci?

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
The point if this team shows-up then they have a perfectly reasonable chance of beating Florida, especially with our goaltending. It’s not a case of if they show-up they win, but of if they show-up they a good chance of winning, especially with our goaltending. The question is will they show-up. I’ve never seen a team shoot itself in the foot as much as the Bruins. So shoot on net instead. Go Bruins!!!!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The point if this team shows-up then they have a perfectly reasonable chance of beating Florida, especially with our goaltending. It’s not a case of if they show-up they win, but of if they show-up they a good chance of winning, especially with our goaltending. The question is will they show-up. I’ve never seen a team shoot itself in the foot as much as the Bruins. So shoot on net instead. Go Bruins!!!!

You may be using the term "show-up" too casually.

Not a term used very often in the playoffs.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Franchise center? Seguin isn't even the franchise center on Dallas, Benn is. Do we really think he was going to be a franchise center on a team with Bergeron and Krejci?

That was his potential when he was drafted. He's been an underachiever IMO both here & in Dallas when you consider his talent.

Reactions: jgatie

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
haven`t seen it nearly enough this post season, but would love for the boys to play with focus and fire some pucks at Bob early. All pressure on the Panthers, they are the team viewed as a serious cup contender, not our boys, so play focused, don`t grip the sticks

Reactions: BMC

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The panthers may have a bit more overall talent, but the B's have better goaltending, and there are certain players who haven't really woke up yet

..maybe they will wake up tomorrow

..and Sunday!
I'd like to think these players would wake up, but the sample size is getting bigger and bigger, and may be a true representation of who they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad