ECSF Game 5 | Pittsburgh @ Washington | 7:15 PM ET | CBC. SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Chicago eliminated Vancouver in 2009 and 2010, Vancouver finally cracked them in 2011.

Pittsburgh has had the number of Washington in the past.

My apologies, should have been more specific in that it was a win for a team against one that always seemed to have the number in the playoffs.

EDIT: I'M a moron and I'm too tired, I thought Washington were up 3-1, not Pittsburgh.

I gotcha now

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
If the Caps knew how to play well for more than 2 or 3 minute stretches every 40-60 minutes they'd be unstoppable.

They've dominated whole periods in this series multiple times. If they had gotten normal Holtby instead of LoLtby this would be a completely different series.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Combination of jealousy and insecurity. Same reason why people used to do the same with Lebron.

This series just got much more interesting though. Can't wait until monday.
Ehhh I'd argue the LeBron hate came from the way he left Cleveland on national tv then had a concert in Miami claiming they would win like 5 rings there.

Ovi more so because he's not a good ole Canadian boy and because the emotion and cockiness he plays with. He has matured big time though. When he first came into the league as a younger guy that's why I liked him more then Crosby because the complete opposites.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Ehhh I'd argue the LeBron hate came from the way he left Cleveland on national tv then had a concert in Miami claiming they would win like 5 rings there.

Ovi more so because he's not a good ole Canadian boy and because the emotion and cockiness he plays with. He has matured big time though. When he first came into the league as a younger guy that's why I liked him more then Crosby because the complete opposites.

Im Canadian and I have never found Ovechkin to be cocky. And I never cared about where players are born but Canadians have an inferiority complex.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Chicago eliminated Vancouver in 2009 and 2010, Vancouver finally cracked them in 2011.

Pittsburgh has had the number of Washington in the past.

My apologies, should have been more specific in that it was a win for a team against one that always seemed to have the number in the playoffs.

EDIT: I'M a moron and I'm too tired, I thought Washington were up 3-1, not Pittsburgh.

Yeah but still, it would be the same the legendary call "Justin Williams started it, had so many chances to seal it, and finally won it in sudden death overtime. Finally after 3 seasons and 20 playoff games against Pittsburgh, it's a wonderful day for an exorcism"

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This series has been so fun to watch. Hockey Gods, please give us a game 7.

If, and its a big if, the Caps win game six (emphasis on the highly doubtful), the hockey gods will make sure they get blown out in game 7 at home.

That's the way it goes for Cap fans.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
How many hooks and holds and puck carries is Washington going to get away with? Officiating was absolutely brutal tonight.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
How many hooks and holds and puck carries is Washington going to get away with? Officiating was absolutely brutal tonight.

It went both ways. There were a few missed calls for the Pens too. What was brutal tonight was your team especially Fleury.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
you mean Pittsburgh ?

No, I mean Washington. Kuznetsov gets another free puck carry and then scores a goal, and there were some brutal non calls that game. Washington won, which is fine I figured they would, but you get a weak trip called at one end, and then not 2 minutes later you get the same thing and it's ignored.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
No, I mean Washington. Kuznetsov gets another free puck carry and then scores a goal, and there were some brutal non calls that game. Washington won, which is fine I figured they would, but you get a weak trip called at one end, and then not 2 minutes later you get the same thing and it's ignored.

I saw a lot of holding from Pittsburgh, the ones that wouldn't get called in a playoff game especially against your team

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
you mean Pittsburgh ?

No kidding :laugh:

We saw what happens when they aren't interfering clutching and grabbing - Ovi has room and scores.

I am sure pens fans are bent about Eller holding the puck, while ignoring he had to drag a Pen on his back up ice.

Sid whines from the bench of course and sure enough they got the next call. Hopefully Barry speaks up about the interference to help the PPgloo meltdown monday night.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
It went both ways. There were a few missed calls for the Pens too. What was brutal tonight was your team especially Fleury.

Fleury was fine, not his best performance of the series but he did not lose the game for the Pens.

Presidents trophy winners manged to win a game in their building this series, congratulations. I think this ends Monday night.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The better team won tonight.

I don't know what the hell that was the Pens were trying to do in the third period, but it certainly wasn't a strong attempt at closing out a series with a lead in the game.

Fleury wasn't as outstanding as the previous games, Holtby was. But honestly, hard to harp on that too much when the Pens were turnover machines and once again got out-shot badly.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
No kidding :laugh:

We saw what happens when they aren't interfering clutching and grabbing - Ovi has room and scores.

I am sure pens fans are bent about Eller holding the puck, while ignoring he had to drag a Pen on his back up ice.

Sid whines from the bench of course and sure enough they got the next call. Hopefully Barry speaks up about the interference to help the PPGgloo meltdown monday night.

There was quite a bit overlooked for both teams, the Caps certainly benefited from it as much as the Pens, particularly when the Pens were still leading the score.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Wilson hit didn't even deserve a penalty

broadcasters agreed

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
It was charging, period. He has gotten away with it all series, tonight he didn't, tough ****.

that's your opinion as a Pens fan but from a neutral point of view no it wasn't he was gliding

NBC replayed it a few times

if that was done by any other Caps player other than Wilson there wouldn't be a penalty

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Dude, that's not due to cluching and grabbing, that's just due to Ovechkin finally showing up and deciding to give a **** - something he hasn't done in several games and something he didn't even do for the first 2/3rds of tonight's game.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
that's your opinion as a Pens fan but from a neutral point of view no it wasn't he was gliding

if that was done by any other Caps player other than Wilson there wouldn't be a penalty

I think a part of it was Guentzel was in a vulnerable position, a foot from the boards by the bench. Similar to the Ritchie hit on Russell last night in the Edmonton/Anaheim game.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Maybe Wilson should've spent the last several years not being one of the dirtiest players in the league. Then he'd have some leeway.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
It was charging, period. He has gotten away with it all series, tonight he didn't, tough ****.

I'd be interested to know which feed you were watching.

I'll agree, the one that was called - against Guentzel - was weak.

Rewind it a few seconds to where he steamrolls Daley, who doesn't have the puck anywhere near him.

That's a hit only a total ***** makes. Illegal, indefensible.

So why are you complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad