GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If it's 4 or more goal difference with under 2 minutes left I might consider leaving, but 3-1 with that much time left was kind of premature IMO
Yeah, I used to think 2 goals was unlikely, then Winnipeg and Dallas, then 3, and thank you Edmonton.

Hoping for 4 some day :naughty:

Reactions: dhfa

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Wait wait wait wait....

Could it be that the Rangers winning 3 straight games by a single goal was NOT their plan all along?

That winning 3 straight games by one goal was not a sign of control and dominance, but rather a reflection of some fortunate luck in an incredibly razor thin series?

Could it be they simply won 3.... coin flips?

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Yeah, I used to think 2 goals was unlikely, then Winnipeg and Dallas, then 3, and thank you Edmonton.

Hoping for 4 some day :naughty:
I don't blame you for staying. It would be an epic thing to witness a 3 or 4 goal lead evaporate in under 2 minutes.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
The cockiness and complete disregard for playing an AHL team in round 1 by rags fans makes this so much better.
[MOD]
every team that makes it has a chance, that's what makes this the greatest sport on earth. WSH wasn't some one off team that was supremely "easy" to take out. They have certain antics just like the Canes that test your patience because they're so f***ing animated with every shift

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I feel like people haven't watched this series. It would have been the least deserved sweep I've ever seen and with how close the games have been the most likely chance for a reverse sweep i've ever seen. Each game is a coin flip
Least deserved sweep since the sweep by Florida vs Carolina last year :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Discipline Daddy

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Wait wait wait wait....

Could it be that the Rangers winning 3 straight games by a single goal was NOT their plan all along?

That winning 3 straight games by one goal was not a sign of control and dominance, but rather a reflection of some fortunate luck in an incredibly razor thin series?

Could it be they simply won 3.... coin flips?
they f***ing worked for those just like they've worked all year. They are always under the gun and their manhood is always being tested, remember that.

• Haha
Reactions: SJinNewJersey

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Least deserved sweep since the sweep by Florida vs Carolina last year :laugh:
The canes do have a knack for getting swept, but I am not a canes fan, just watching the games and seeing how close they are. Rangers can easily win one of the next 2, but it won't shock me to see the canes win the series either.

Reactions: Stickpucker

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
they f***ing worked for those just like they've worked all year. They are always under the gun and their manhood is always being tested, remember that.

Ok, well every team is always working for every win they get.

The fact that all their wins were by one goal simply speaks to how close these two teams are, and how much their hard work is being met by the opponent.

As far as "their manhood is always being tested" thing, maybe that's best discussed with your therapist.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The canes do have a knack for getting swept, but I am not a canes fan, just watching the games and seeing how close they are. Rangers can easily win one of the next 2, but it won't shock me to see the canes win the series either.
I would think Shesty is too good to lose 4 straight games, but Carolina has been better most of the series.

Reactions: dhfa

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
But what does it mean? Rangers fans disregarded the Capitals? Or Rangers fans assumed they would roll the Canes because they swept the Caps? Unless I've completely been out to lunch for a while, neither of those things are true so is it meaning something else?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
They rarely looked like the better team. This was the first game where they looked like the Hurricanes of the regular season. At least to me.

That's probably fair, I thought they were the better team in game 2 and 3. I thought they were pretty weak game 1 and game 4. Despite that, all 4 games were close. Speaks to how close these two teams are.
Shots meant nothing. The scoring and high danger chances were heavily in NY's favor.

Shots mean something.

Scoring chances and chances in the high-danger areas certainly speak more to scoring threat. But having the ability to shoot, retrieve, shoot, retrieve, etc, doesn't just speak to the ability to shoot the puck, it speaks to all the plays made between, all the little battles won, all the quick decisions, that allow them to keep getting the puck and putting it on the net.

And if you have a high shot differential, that speaks to not only the ability to fight for and retrieve the puck, it speaks to an ability to prevent the other team from doing the same.

Where did you see the numbers for high dangers chances separate from xGF out of curiosity? I'd like to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad