NYC
Players that have been on the ice for most Hurricanes goals this series:

Sebastien Aho
Jacob Trouba
Andrei Svehcnikov
Brady Skeji
Jake Guentzel
Brent Burns

Hurricanes that have been on the ice for fewer Hurricanes goals than Trouba in the playoffs (counting the Islanders series!):

Jack Drury
Stefan Noesen
Jordan Staal
Tony DeAngelo
Dmitri Orlov
Jordan Martinook
Jalen Chatfield
Jesperi Kotakaniemi

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Agree. It's a must win.

You can't go up 3-0, then go back to Raleigh with a possible 3-3 outcome forcing a game 7. I mean you can, but it'll absolutely torture the fan base, and like you said, mess with the team itself on their ability to close.

This is the mainly the same group that blew a 2-0 series lead against Tampa in 2022. This is mainly the same group that had a 2-0 lead on New Jersey last year and blew it. Yes. The coach of those two teams is gone, but the core is still here. PL is a much better head coach and I'm feeling good that they'll get it done, I'll be worried if they don't, and be all like, "Here we go again".

They need to win tonight. End this in 5. Florida looks like they're going to end theirs in 5. We don't need a seven game series here. We'll be ripe for the picking against Florida.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
This is the mainly the same group that blew a 2-0 series lead against Tampa in 2022. This is mainly the same group that had a 2-0 lead on New Jersey last year and blew it. Yes. The coach of those two teams is gone, but the core is still here. PL is a much better head coach and I'm feeling good that they'll get it done, I'll be worried if they don't, and be all like, "Here we go again".

They need to win tonight. End this in 5. Florida looks like they're going to end theirs in 5. We don't need a seven game series here. We'll be ripe for the picking against Florida.
The Rangers took care of business against the Caps last series, didn't they? Granted, the Caps are/were a terrible team, but point remains.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This is the interesting one from a 3-0 series lead because if it goes back to Carolina 3-2 that's when you really start to be concerned that there's a bigger-than-1/10 chance that we lose the series in 7.

Considering Florida is up 3-1 I think we'd all be very satisfied with a win tonight. Lose, and especially lose big, and it'll be like this in here.

1715610436231.jpeg

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
10,019-0 NYR

Rempe (10,002)
Panarin (16)
Kakko (1)

The super-rare Ed Jovo KAKKO goal call

View attachment 869743

I love that Kreider quote at the end (quoting Ulf Samuelsson): that you don't raise your game in the playoffs, you sink to the level of your habits. There's some room for raising the game too, but what an interesting perspective! I feel like that's a great insight into how Vancouver is winning their series at the moment. And it's certainly a perfect summary of Chris.

It's very alarming that our powerplays went down to 4 in game 3 and 1 in game 4.

I think we have 2 powerplays in the last 5 periods.

It reeks of either "this team is up, don't give them help," or the universe brain refs avoiding 'being an influence' by burning the rulebook.

We responded fairly well and scored 3 non-PP goals in both games, but it's going to be a significant challenge playing without the powerplay.

I hope it's just the venue change and they go back to calling the games tonight, but I'm expecting our powerplays to be counted on one hand combined the remainder of the series.

This is one of the many dangers of leaning on a special teams advantage. If one team is much better at it, they'll manage it out of the game.

Unless you're Tampa, or Edmonton, or Colorado -- anybody with a big young superstar or two to market. Then they'll manage it into the game.

Reactions: noncents
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad