Post-Game Talk: ECSF, Game 5 (Florida wins 4-1): Cuzzy finishes the job. Let's go home baby!!

Do you still believe?

• Yes

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Carolina looked really weak at the end of the regular season but now it's a totally different team. What worries me is that they are not dependent on Aho anymore. Looks like they are playing with all four cylinders and everyone is capable of scoring. They don't have tight games meaning that they either win or lose big time. Hence, Panthers should try to kill those games early by having a lot of shots early like what they had now in game 5.

Maybe, but I don't think the series about Devils is a proper indication of how well they can score. Both Devils goalies were bad and not NHL starter quality. Canes only scored 16 goals against NYI in 6 games (2.7 goals/game) while scoring 24 against the Devils in 5 games (4.8 goals/game). For context, Panthers were the highest scoring team in NHL history at ~4 goals/game.

So I'm not saying the Canes can't score, but I don't think they're the offensive juggernaut the Devils' series might suggest.

Reactions: MaWa

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Barky will see plenty of Jordan Staal who always had a very good handle on him. Barky really needs to take it up a notch and finally show that JStaal is actually old as his brothers.

I could see Bennett and MT causing some trouble for Burns and Slavin, drawing them into board battles they don't want to be in.

Deploy the Luosto-Lundell-Reinhart line against Aho. Again, this line will be key to our success, additionally to Bob's performance.

Keep the 4th line minutes to a minimum.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Barky will see plenty of Jordan Staal who always had a very good handle on him. Barky really needs to take it up a notch and finally show that JStaal is actually old as his brothers.

I could see Bennett and MT causing some trouble for Burns and Slavin, drawing them into board battles they don't want to be in.

Deploy the Luosto-Lundell-Reinhart line against Aho. Again, this line will be key to our success, additionally to Bob's performance.

Keep the 4th line minutes to a minimum.
My impression is that Barky has played well against Carolina, better than other Panthers but that’s just a gut feel from watching a bunch of games over the years. I’m sure someone can show stats to prove this right or wrong.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
My impression is that Barky has played well against Carolina, better than other Panthers but that’s just a gut feel from watching a bunch of games over the years. I’m sure someone can show stats to prove this right or wrong.
I agree he was fine. He has to finally be better than fine against them. JStaal always had decent control in the D zone over Barky. Of course he could not contain him throughout the whole game. I believe there is a lot more room for Barky to be even better against CAR. It will be curious what D pair CAR will throw out against him. Going up against JStaal, Slavin and Burns won't be fun.

Reactions: PSLguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad