BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So... Shouldn't they be more worried about pride at this point? They are about to be swept since the first game. They take a too many men penalty like it's going out of style and everyone is more worried about a PP. Remember last year when Bergy got lit up and Marchy didn't hesitate and jumped whoever it was and start hammering him? Ya, that's what you do when your team is being violated. We can agree to disagree but in the end I'd rather a penalty or suspension anyway over losing four straight and being treated like a rented mule. I guess they can look back during the offseason and say, man I'm sure glad I didn't take a penalty for sticking up for my team, captain and logo.
Bruins new team Motto: Why Bother!

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Dunkin’ gift cards:sarcasm:

1715728252765.png

• Haha
Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Play with pride if nothing else.

The time for revenge is likely over alas. Teams rarely end an elimination game with a fight or retaliation. Too much tradition.

Alas. Alas.

Reactions: Otherworld

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
It really is the laziest excuse and just a flat cop out.

Hell, Tavares got cheap shotted a few years ago and Toronto players told Perry he had to fight foligno or they were running him until he sacked up.

Somehow the Bruins aren’t capable of doing this and judging by Maroons comments and Montgomery being silent and deferring to Sweeney. It’s all coming from Sweeney to not do anything.
Agree. Coach giving green light to Pasta of all players to drop em vs Tkachuck gives credence to that.
BTW, speaking of WWE, I've seen many tussles involving non-fighting superstars broken up way sooner. A few years ago vs. Habs linesmen would swoop in and prevent any fight from breaking out at all no matter who was involved.

Still, time for that has come and gone. Game 3 was it. Play hard, hit hard, but any attempt at extra-curricular stuff ought to be forgotten in an elimination game. That is, unless it becomes too lopsided one way or another. Time to test NHE rules - a very close game is needed to avoid potential chaos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad