BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
I've been expecting and preparing for the season to end since Sunday. I don't want to get engaged again but I know I probably still will. At least it'll be the last time this spring.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Bruins pushed it to six though, since Don Sweeney carried the water and passionately defended league business and officiating, Bettman may throw JJ a bone and instruct the refs to fix him a third home game for the series. (They'll lose game 6 in a runaway)
If the Bruins extend the series to a 6th game, there's no way the Florida Panthers win a 6th straight playoff game at TD Garden. There's going to be some 2011 Stanley Cup Finals level shit that's going to go down on home ice.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If the Bruins extend the series to a 6th game, there's no way the Florida Panthers win a 6th straight playoff game at TD Garden. There's going to be some 2011 Stanley Cup Finals level shit that's going to go down on home ice.
Brad will come back for game 7 and we'll have all the momentum and be excited (and lose 3-2 in overtime after Bennett superkicks Swayman and Tkachuk scores on the open net)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think there’s a shot the Bruins pull this one out.

With the NHL’s officiating as atrocious as it was in Games 3 and 4, I can see some ‘makeup calls’ going the Bruins’ way tonight. Not to mention, a sixth game in the Boston market would be good for ratings.

Of course, the actual Boston Bruins need to show up and play with some huevos. That is up to them.
One (swear) word: Kozarri.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Bennett has no reason to have a go with Maroon...

Boston needs to find toughness that can play in the top 6/9. Someone that can be matched up against a Bennet and not get abused defensively like a Maroon would. Someone that can skate with him for a shift and be a pain in the ass. Someone that can put a shift together that pins in a Bennett/Tkachuk in their defensive zone and then “accidentally” bump their goalie when they freeze the puck.

That’s how you get them to accept a fight. It has to be an equal trade off in terms of importance to both teams.

Historically though the only time you get those players is from drafting or overpaying in a trade. Funny enough though you could argue Florida got Bennet and Tkachuk at very good prices
Frederic has that covered, but they're still not going to accept a fight with him. He was right there when Bennett pulled Lindholm away and Tkachuk bailed on everyone.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You don't need to be a fighter to drive an elbow into Bennett's face Just saying
But, but, but they'll get a 2 min penalty.... LOL. Which they're going to get anyway for doing something harmless. I'm sorry but either play a nasty game not caring about getting 2 minute minors or go home with your tail between your legs.
No more apprehension, drive them through the boards or give them elbows at every turn. OR
play passive, shake hands and quietly go away.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Well can pretty much guarantee the Panthers aren’t pitching a dud like the Bruins did for game 5 against the Leafs.I suspect there going for the kill.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
In a warlike atmosphere, you don't hold back. I honestly think this team is
neutered from way up high. They're programmed to not initiate.
No matter if they do bring up a Jackson Edward next season, they'll make sure that he's neutered first.
Everyone gets in line with the company expectations or they will either not get a chance with the big club or leave.
Been done with Monty since last year, but it's 50/50 that he stays or goes.
Coffers are full, the natives aren't rioting, mission accomplished.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
I heard that last time and nothing happened. That's a pile of horse shit .It should have been dealt with the second Sam Bennett's skates hit the ice after suckering Brad.Anyways I am no Cue ball fan his teams lack spine.
Bmf is correct imo. Players like some on Florida have to be dealt with early in the season. Severe consequences need to dealt out. The message is ''if you do this, you get this''. And all this ''ask him to fight'' stuff is not required. McQuaid didn't ask Torres. That's what you do, whether they want to fight or not. The questions are, will Sweeney go this route? Is Montgomery the coach for that type of team? 2011 Donnie, look to 2011.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
I think as the years go by it seems younger players view the physical part of hockey as “uncomfortable”. It’s something they’ll do if they absolutely have to but they’d rather score goals, stick check, and use just enough body contact to dislodge the puck if they must. I think of Pasta having that fight and saying that players have to be ready to get u uncomfortable in the playoffs.

Then there are other players, like your Tkachuks and Bennetts that embrace the physical game. They are 100% comfortable in a game that gets chippy. They love swimming in those waters.

I agree that we need more players that don’t view the physical aspect of the game as “uncomfortable”.

That’s just very unrealistic. That’s how a player gets a very long term suspension that hurts their wallet.

Thornton was one of the last guys I remember for the bruins going and grabbing someone who didn’t want to fight to try to force them.

We know how that worked out
Kassian only got 2 games :dunno: This is where having a useless goon comes in handy, need someone to go take a suspension and not have to worry about it lol

Reactions: 22Brad Park

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bmf is correct imo. Players like some on Florida have to be dealt with early in the season. Severe consequences need to dealt out. The message is ''if you do this, you get this''. And all this ''ask him to fight'' stuff is not required. McQuaid didn't ask Torres. That's what you do, whether they want to fight or not. The questions are, will Sweeney go this route? Is Montgomery the coach for that type of team? 2011 Donnie, look to 2011.

No Sweeney wont go this route. He’s actually going the opposite route. Management is telling montgomery to keep his mouth shut and the team not to take penalties.

Gutless organization fully neutering the coaches and players.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Remember when Tavares was cheap shotted and Toronto told Corey Perry he either fights or they’ll target him for the rest of the series.

I wish the bruins would do that, but they’ve already backed down from it for being afraid to get penalties.

That type of BS comes directly from management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad