BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Charlie McAvoy doesn't have a single shot on goal in this series. Thats not acceptable. When Brandon Carlo is second on the team in shots on goal you are going to be in trouble. (Not a knock againt Carlo)
I had to check that sorry and yes you are correct.McAvoy has played 93 mins 54 seconds without a shot on goal.And running powerplay let that sink in.

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.
I heard that last time and nothing happened. That's a pile of horse shit .It should have been dealt with the second Sam Bennett's skates hit the ice after suckering Brad.Anyways I am no Cue ball fan his teams lack spine.
I agree with you on the team lacking a spine and your other post about the team needing an overhaul... But what is running around like a bunch of idiots going after Bennett going to accomplish at this point?

What did the shenanigans at the end of Game 2 accomplish? I was all for it at the time, but it clearly didn't carry over into games 3 and 4.
This. Flyers game 7 in 2010, Canes game 7 in 2009, Canadiens game 7 in 2014.

Maybe it's just if it's game 7s in our barn it's bad juju. 🤞🏻
Also Game 7 At Carolina in 2022... not just our barn

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I agree with you on the team lacking a spine and your other post about the team needing an overhaul... But what is running around like a bunch of idiots going after Bennett going to accomplish at this point?

What did the shenanigans at the end of Game 2 accomplish? I was all for it at the time, but it clearly didn't carry over into games 3 and 4.

Also Game 7 At Carolina in 2022... not just our barn
This series was probably lost letting them bully your best 2 players. That's not to say they could match Florida's talent because they can't but when that happened it kind of squashed the rest of the hope.Bennent left Boston without a scratch and left their Captain on the shelf.Unacceptable as lifelong Bruins fan.By the way I never said running around like bunch of idiots .You just deal with Tkachuk and Bennett same way by making them fight & if they refuse you crack them anyways.Been in box steady regardless and still down 3 games to 1 being nice.

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.
its amazing to me this sad sack of an organization has never come back from a 3-1 series deficit.
How many times has it happened to us???
There's a first time for everything...

It's happened three times to us
04 against the Habs
10 against the Flyers (which we all remember started as a 3-0 deficit)
23 Against FLA

I don't know how many times the Bruins have forced a game 7, but i do know they did it in 08 against the Habs and in 09 against the Hurricanes

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bennett has no reason to have a go with Maroon.

When Lucic first broke into the league, a lot of fans here hated when top 6 tough/physical guys wouldn’t fight him. And why would they? Lucic was a 4th line banger/nobody at the time. A top 6 guy going off for 5 mins with Lucic was a bad trade off.

Then Lucic starts putting points up and shows he’s more than a fighter. And then he started ducking challenges from other tough guys since him fighting a goon was a terrible trade off.

Boston needs to find toughness that can play in the top 6/9. Someone that can be matched up against a Bennet and not get abused defensively like a Maroon would. Someone that can skate with him for a shift and be a pain in the ass. Someone that can put a shift together that pins in a Bennett/Tkachuk in their defensive zone and then “accidentally” bump their goalie when they freeze the puck.

That’s how you get them to accept a fight. It has to be an equal trade off in terms of importance to both teams.

Historically though the only time you get those players is from drafting or overpaying in a trade. Funny enough though you could argue Florida got Bennet and Tkachuk at very good prices

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

When Lucic first broke into the league, a lot of fans here hated when top 6 tough/physical guys wouldn’t fight him. And why would they? Lucic was a 4th line banger/nobody at the time. A top 6 guy going off for 5 mins with Lucic was a bad trade off.

Then Lucic starts putting points up and shows he’s more than a fighter. And then he started ducking challenges from other tough guys since him fighting a goon was a terrible trade off.

Boston needs to find toughness that can play in the top 6/9. Someone that can be matched up against a Bennet and not get abused defensively like a Maroon would. Someone that can skate with him for a shift and be a pain in the ass. Someone that can put a shift together that pins in a Bennett/Tkachuk in their defensive zone and then “accidentally” bump their goalie when they freeze the puck.

That’s how you get them to accept a fight. It has to be an equal trade off in terms of importance to both teams.

Historically though the only time you get those players is from drafting or overpaying in a trade. Funny enough though you could argue Florida got Bennet and Tkachuk at very good prices
Brady Tkachuk, pack your f***ing shit, you're a Boston Bruin!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I don't even need a fighter on the team, they just need a few assholes

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

You just grab him like Kassian did and start hammering him ,only break a few teethe this time.They been going steady to the penalty box anyways to add insult to injury.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don't even need a fighter on the team, they just need a few assholes

I think as the years go by it seems younger players view the physical part of hockey as “uncomfortable”. It’s something they’ll do if they absolutely have to but they’d rather score goals, stick check, and use just enough body contact to dislodge the puck if they must. I think of Pasta having that fight and saying that players have to be ready to get u uncomfortable in the playoffs.

Then there are other players, like your Tkachuks and Bennetts that embrace the physical game. They are 100% comfortable in a game that gets chippy. They love swimming in those waters.

I agree that we need more players that don’t view the physical aspect of the game as “uncomfortable”.

You just grab him like Kassian did and start hammering him ,only break a few teethe this time.They been going steady to the penalty box anyways to add insult to injury.

That’s just very unrealistic. That’s how a player gets a very long term suspension that hurts their wallet.

Thornton was one of the last guys I remember for the bruins going and grabbing someone who didn’t want to fight to try to force them.

We know how that worked out

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Wake up to a South Florida anchor telling me a bear is no match for a panther
😳

View attachment 870489
They’ve spent entirely too much time in the sun, their brains are mush.

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been expecting and preparing for the season to end since Sunday. I don't want to get engaged again but I know I probably still will. At least it'll be the last time this spring.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Bruins pushed it to six though, since Don Sweeney carried the water and passionately defended league business and officiating, Bettman may throw JJ a bone and instruct the refs to fix him a third home game for the series. (They'll lose game 6 in a runaway)

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I had to check that sorry and yes you are correct.McAvoy has played 93 mins 54 seconds without a shot on goal.And running powerplay let that sink in.
He’s busy trying to be Lohrei’s Stay at Home D, and doing a bad job at that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad