BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Options for tonight-
1-win
or
2-make sure Bennett, Tkachuk and/or Bobrovski aren't able to compete in the ECF

Pick one. Losing soft will be the worst possible outcome.

If option 1 is chosen, rinse and repeat for Friday night.

toria13

Sep 18, 2019
Here's my treasured Bruins sweater that my beloved Mom made me 50+ years ago. Hopefully it will bring some good luck. Maybe Espo's number will make it go to 7.

View attachment 870502

View attachment 870503
I have a Bruins jersey sweater that I knitted last year. I wore it to my first game and Pasta got a hat trick!

The detail on your sweater is amazing, so impressive 😍

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
For the life of me, I can't understand why I need to say this again, but I do. SHOOT HIGH!!!
Sweeney says that’s not there style man.
When the shots are 16-3 in favor of the other guys, don't panic. Sweeney himself has said that this isn't a volume shooting team. They're healthy and ready to go. It's hard to play good teams. Everybody just needs to be a little bit better.
It amazing isn’t it this is our style doesn’t matter if it’s not working anymore,Monty will switch up the lines and lineup on a dime ,but when it comes to the game plan or style nope always seems to be the same . We saw the Leafs pretty much change their style of play after game 4 and it pretty much almost won them the series. Florida changed theirs after the first period of game 2. Don’t think their is a person on here that didn’t know that an aggressive forcheck was the Bruins kryptonite ,yes Florida has a more talented overall team ,but isn’t the inability to get the puck out of their own end or generate shots and a good forechecking game more about the system?

Carolina provided a nice template for winning on the road in an elimination game. Let's hope the B's were taking notes.

Forget about settling scores, and avoid all needless penalties.

Despite the over-zealous fan reaction, this isn't last year's Florida Panthers. They are limiting the post-whistle scrums, often abandon their heavy forecheck for the trap, and they aren't even dressing their two biggest pests (Cousins, Lomberg).

If the Bruins play the Panthers' game, they'll be shaking hands at night's end; and we'll have seen our last goalie hug.
Haven’t watched much of that series,but I don’t think the Rangers have dominated Carolina like Florida has have they .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If they lose, I just pray it's the last game of Montgomery that I have to see behind Bruins bench .I cannot support a coach who allowed his star players to take punches in the face without any repercussions. Sorry I just can't.

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
I have absolutely zero faith in a good 60 minute effort. I'm guessing they have 11 shots going into the 3rd, go down 3 goals at some stage and then put in a solid 5 minute push, score a goal and it's a 3-1 final.

They're just not a good enough hockey team.
Then they will all smile and shake Bennets hand.

Reactions: TobanWest

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
gotta stay out of the box.
power plays are like 22-10 in favor of the cats this series
Yes that’s for sure and we can blame the refs for some of the discrepancies,but also penalties tend to get called more on the defensive team in own end of which the Bruins spend most of their time.

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.
If they lose, I just pray it's the last game of Montgomery that I have to see behind Bruins bench .I cannot support a coach who allowed his star players to take punches in the face without any repercussions. Sorry I just can't.
The time to settle scores is the first meeting of the regular season next year. Got focus on winning the games (granted they haven't been doing a good job of that either).

• Love
Reactions: sooshii and HustleB

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I have absolutely zero faith in a good 60 minute effort. I'm guessing they have 11 shots going into the 3rd, go down 3 goals at some stage and then put in a solid 5 minute push, score a goal and it's a 3-1 final.

They're just not a good enough hockey team.
This for sure. Only way they win tonight is if Marchand is back and pissed. Not enough talent and the talent they have ain't doing enough minus Sway. Offense isn't there. Defence is a mess. Special teams ain't great. League and refs biased. Coach out coached. GM clueless and endorsing low amount of shots. President to busy throwing water bottles.
This year's Bruins are a bridge team that has over exceeded expectations. Made the playoffs and knocked off the Leafs to save face for a lot of embarrassment. Not bad... Just wish they would play all out in this series against a rival in the 100th season especially after they concussed your captain. Show some pride but I feel Shep is right, 3-1 sounds about right with a 3 period push after a handful of shots.

Reactions: Bread and Circuses

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Random coffee cup this morning has nice colours. A sign? Yeah!!

IMG_3846.jpeg

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The time to settle scores is the first meeting of the regular season next year. Got focus on winning the games (granted they haven't been doing a good job of that either).
I heard that last time and nothing happened. That's a pile of horse shit .It should have been dealt with the second Sam Bennett's skates hit the ice after suckering Brad.Anyways I am no Cue ball fan his teams lack spine.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
When the shots are 16-3 in favor of the other guys, don't panic. Sweeney himself has said that this isn't a volume shooting team. They're healthy and ready to go. It's hard to play good teams. Everybody just needs to be a little bit better.

I’m just happy that Sweeney and Maroon are on the same page. Nothing like having your GM say its not about shot totals and maroon saying they need to throw more pucks on net.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
View attachment 870559

Sam Bennett to the Bruins, and he's completely right.
This roster needs an overhaul from behind bench out.Losing is one thing I can live with that ,but to be humiliated in your own barn allowing your captain to get punched out is unacceptable.There is nothing anyone can say to prove that wrong because it happened.I am still hot about it days later :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad