Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
I mean damn, if the referees or the league are not going to protect your star players from getting cheap-shotted and rag-dolled at will and instead feel it necessary to instead penalize your team at a 2-1 ratio for the priviledge, maybe just maybe it might be time to think about building teams that could protect themselves at least.

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
I have not seen a single post where losing to the Panthers is a disappointing end to the season. The frustrating part is that the B's are going down without a fight. No one would complain if the Panthers scored goal 3 on the powerplay after someone punched Bennett in the head.

Last edited:

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
Kind of odd that you didn't bold the lay the body and stand up for teammates part. That's part of the package with Maroon and kind of a big part of what makes him valuable. If there is a younger version of everything that Maroon brings, then great bring them in.
Many people would argue that Maroon has done nothing (myself included). In fact I find Lauko to be far more effective. Maroon can not keep up with the pace of play.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sweeney blaming the media and the players (I haven't listened to the whole thing yet) is funny. Blaming his ( picked) Golden Retrievers for not being Pit Bulls.... Passing the buck as always.
Not standing up and talking about the officiating in an honest way is another issue. Both he and Monty know what would happen if they did. Jacobs would can them both in a heartbeat for speaking out.
I'm sure Jacobs knows what's going on in the league offices but doesn't care since it does not affect his bottom line. But when salaries to the players were getting out of hand and the Bruins wouldn't pay that out (pre-Cap) he dug his heels in and used his power to fix it. The Jacobs' have the influence if they want to use it.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
View attachment 869983

So even after the saw the new angle (that took 2 days to be released) the NHL saw nothing wrong with the suckerpunch.

Okay

So which Bruins player wants to take one for the team and return the favor?

Because HOW? Even Stevie Wonder can see that suckerpunch.
Okay so if Marchand did this same exact thing to someone, it'd still be a hockey play right?

Or if someone in the Bs now goes and does this to Bennett or another Panther, it's still a hockey play right?

I have a hard time believing if this happens again in this series, the offending player, regardless of sweater, wouldn't be suspended.

Just a typical NHL response. Admit you blew it, and move on.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This whole “asking” to fight nonsense is horseshit. Honestly, nobody should be fighting Bennett, anyway. Some conscientious Bruin should take it upon himself to introduce Mr. Bennett to “The Spanish Archer”* and knock him out cold. As in: “we need the paramedics to revive him.” But, nobody wants to get in trouble. Maybe Brad would have done it… One game left. Let’s see what happens…

*The Spanish Archer = EL BOW.

This! Never mind politely asking Bennett to go. Just jump the motherf***er and start pounding him. He'll get the message. Failing that cheap shot him on every shift. The refs can't see everything as they have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt in this series.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If were talking league min, it won't impact their ability to address the holes at center

Yes I have. The guy can still protect the puck along the boards, win board battles and be disruptive in front of the net. He can still lay the body and is willing to stand up for teammates. For league minimum how could you not want a player like that.
Yea I get that but all those depth guys can want till u fix main issues.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Many people would argue that Maroon has done nothing (myself included). In fact I find Lauko to be far more effective. Maroon can not keep up with the pace of play.

Based on what? At 5v5 in these playoff the Bruins when Lauko on the ice have been....

Outshot: 25 to 12
Out-Chanced: 23 to 8
Out-HD Chanced: 11 to 4

I mean sure it looks great when his motor is going and he's flying around. Don't get me wrong, I like Lauko, but I'm just not sure how I could argue that he's been more effective than Maroon.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Its not rocket science. If no one wants to fight then run the goalie. That'll get things going.
It may even change the series and we know now there's no chance of a goalie interference call.
There was last night, on a Bruin. The goalie saw him coming but acted like he was run over. He could've nudged the Bruin but why why should he?? He knew the Bruin would get the penalty and played it up.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He deserved a crosscheck to the head?
No but it was an accident.How about he stops crying to refs which last night u could see clearly on a couple occasions and plays the game.Soucy got him but it was retaliation & would have been to chest if Zadorov never pushed him.And he wheeled his stick too, slashing Soucy yet no fine nothing.Double standard in this league 4 sure.Anyhow you know he is getting suspended

Reactions: Dreghorn2

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Okay so if Marchand did this same exact thing to someone, it'd still be a hockey play right?

Or if someone in the Bs now goes and does this to Bennett or another Panther, it's still a hockey play right?

I have a hard time believing if this happens again in this series, the offending player, regardless of sweater, wouldn't be suspended.

Just a typical NHL response. Admit you blew it, and move on.

Just IMAGINE if Brad did this.

IMAGINE

Because I can f***ing guarantee his ass would be fined and suspended

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Why can't you address both at the same time?
Well because he wasted alot of cap last time he had lots to spend so not many trust him anymore .Fix the big holes and gain the trust back first.

Just IMAGINE if Brad did this.

IMAGINE

Because I can f***ing guarantee his ass would be fined and suspended
10 to 20 games guaranteed

Reactions: Rydan and Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Kind of odd that you didn't bold the lay the body and stand up for teammates part. That's part of the package with Maroon and kind of a big part of what makes him valuable. If there is a younger version of everything that Maroon brings, then great bring them in.

That wasn't intentional.

I appreciate what Maroon does. But ultimately for me if you can't skate at this level anymore, how do you justify employing that player? He was a bargain low-risk trade at the deadline for a team with no cap space. I get bringing him in for a look. He's been progressively less effective each game. He's 36 years old. I just think the writing is on the wall for his time in the NHL.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This! Never mind politely asking Bennett to go. Just jump the motherf***er and start pounding him. He'll get the message. Failing that cheap shot him on every shift. The refs can't see everything as they have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt in this series.
They certainly see everything that they want to. Of course, it's harder to see what the Panthers are doing while you're watching the transgressions of only ONE team. And then to give penalty's for holding the stick for 2 seconds vs PUNCHES TO THE HEAD? Well then I guess I just don't get it.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
As for the "press conference" it would have been better for Sweeney's already battered reputation among the fans if he'd just kept his f***ing mouth shut.

Something has to be up. That type of press conference is usually just held at the end of the season.

I honestly can’t remember the last time a GM held a press conference mid series like that.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I agree with first paragraph about get in front of microphone but other then that he moused up.
1715627310582.png

The Athletic big article saying Sweeney criticized refs in game 4 .
1715627488534.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have not seen a single post where losing to the Panthers is a disappointing end to the season. The frustrating is that the B's are going down without a fight. No one would complain if the Panthers scored goal 3 on the powerplay after someone punched Bennett in the head.

Amen!

If you're going to go down, go down fighting. Make your opponent work extra hard for their wins.

This ain't rocket science. 🚀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad