Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watch him come in next game, slewfoot Tkachuk and then sucker punch Bennet to get suspended, lashes out at the league post game and then retires out of disgust for lack of support from his team, coach and management as well as the league.
Think I was him, I would just walk away .He has his 400th goal and a Cup.That has to bother him with him being a heart and soul type player.They never had his back it's that simple.Then he watched Bennett score to boot

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
That’s nice Freddy, I must have missed the part where Bennett asked Marchand if it was ok for him to sucker punch him in the face.
Why are you punking freddy? Frederic is not that type of player to just cheap shot a guy.

You also must have missed the way the Bruins where being penalized as well for nothing offenses or you wouldn't post such an idiotic reply.

Bruins go down big early I hope then we see who has pride in the Uniform. My guess would be Freddy is the last player we need to worry about.

Reactions: Rydan

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
It’s not like they’ve gotten a fair shake from the league or officials over the past decade.

Maybe someone should have the guts to call this garbage to light and see what happens.

It can’t be much worse.
The Refs are terrible league wide but are not the reason the Bruins are losing. They are losing because they can't clear the zone, are petrified to get hit, and can't score on grade A chances. Also not having a D man that can and will shoot the puck let's the opposition focus on the forwards limiting shots and chances and eliminating second chances!

Reactions: BTO

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Why are you punking freddy? Frederic is not that type of player to just cheap shot a guy.

You also must have missed the way the Bruins where being penalized as well for nothing offenses or you wouldn't post such an idiotic reply.

Bruins go down big early I hope then we see who has pride in the Uniform. My guess would be Freddy is the last player we need to worry about.

Penalties against the bruins have been entirely overblown. They’ve caused most of their own damage penalty wise. That goal should have been reversed but I have minimal issue with the actual penalties called.

Freddy isn’t even hitting people he’s been a giant baby this series as well.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Does Sam Bennett have compromising photos of Gary Bettman or George Parros? He gets away with so much garbage, should have been suspended for the sucker punch on Marchand and there was nothing, same last year on Knies. Then the cross check on Coyle that results in a goal, that one felt like the Sutherland no-call against the Blues.
I was seriously thinking the same thing
Sam Bennett can do no wrong in the eyes of the NHL and DoPS

Has there been a good explanation of why Bennett's goal was allowed when he clearly crosschecked Coyle into the crease and interfered with Swayman's ability to make the save??

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t expect much. Bruins will put up a stellar 6 shots in the first period, on the backs of two decent shifts in the middle of the period that get negated by a soft hooking penalty, which Florida promptly dunks over Swaymans head on. 1-0 after the first.

Total choke hold in the second period. Bruins get nothing going whatsoever. No penalties called. Florida doesn’t generate much offensively but they carry possession for 75 percent of the period anyway.

Florida scores 2-0 at either the tail end of 2 or early in the third. Boston puts up their version of an all hands on deck attack and get 5 shots in the third. Florida scores when they aren’t trying. Game ends 4-0 with an empty netter

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
It felt like he just wanted the media to stop asking him and the team questions about the officiating. He was more upset with the media than anything else. Sad state of affairs over there today
If Sweeney said what is reported here then he did a correct thing, imo. He directed the press to the league. Now the media has to go pound on Bettmans door and hound him to hell like they did Josie Wales.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

We knew that already. It wasn’t difficult to know that Bennetts fist smashed Marchand in the face, despite not being able to see the actual contact. So then actually seeing it two days later after they’ve already ignored it, wasn’t going to change anyone’s mind

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It's not really about the size of the fanbase in Florida specifically, or the short-term ratings. There's a limit to how many committed fans will jump on board with the Panthers, and there's no question that the Bruins draw more eyes to TV screens that Florida ever could. The league knows this. What it's about for the NHL is national coverage and the size and scale of the footprint they have in North America as a whole. Having competitive, prominent teams in more places and more states is attractive for both advertisers and broadcasters. You can reach more markets, and diffusion across a greater area is ultimately beneficial, with more scope for long-term growth, even if the immediate viewership in raw numbers is smaller. It makes the league look bigger and more important and enhances its reputation.

So the incentive to favor the Panthers, representing a pretty big state, is there. And the league also know that most New England hockey fans will keep watching no matter what, and in that sense they can largely take them for granted.

I always like to approach things from the point of view of don't blame conspiracy or bias for what can otherwise be ascribed to sheer incompetence or stupidity. But the last couple of days have made that difficult. Very hard to put the two decisions you mentioned merely down to different interpretations. Thinking the league has an agenda here actually makes the most sense as an explanation.
BINGO! But I think that there are actually 2 answers.
The major one, that you answered perfectly and the
theory that a lot of the on ice officials have a bone to pick
with the Boston Bruins organization. There seems to be vengeance
on their part and since the league is fine with the shenanigans they
have no worries about discipline.
Actually a third thing to wonder about is the sports betting companies and their involvement in this if there is any.
Of course, the fact that the coach and GM are out to lunch and DISHONEST
is proof that the whole thing is a farce. The NHLoL is a farce to the core, and the Boston Bruins leadership is gutless and will not stand up for their players.
Sweeney picked the players but apparently blames them for not overcoming the the corruption of a filthy league.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Its not rocket science. If no one wants to fight then run the goalie. That'll get things going.
It may even change the series and we know now there's no chance of a goalie interference call.
Or at least come near him and watch the backflip that would make Greg Louganis jealous.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Also, it wasn’t a hockey play when noted tough guy David Pastrnak punched a guy in the face the other night, to which he went down as if shot in the forehead. That was rightfully called a penalty. The dive wasnt. But the punch was

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I was seriously thinking the same thing
Sam Bennett can do no wrong in the eyes of the NHL and DoPS

Has there been a good explanation of why Bennett's goal was allowed when he clearly crosschecked Coyle into the crease and interfered with Swayman's ability to make the save??

This is rules 100% but Bruins GM don't say crap so why should we even care anymore. He will be the GM never to build a winner.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Refs are terrible league wide but are not the reason the Bruins are losing. They are losing because they can't clear the zone, are petrified to get hit, and can't score on grade A chances. Also not having a D man that can and will shoot the puck let's the opposition focus on the forwards limiting shots and chances and eliminating second chances!

Everything you said is true….but you also can’t guarantee that if the Bennet goal was appropriately disallowed that the Bruins don’t win that game.

Down 3-1 last year everyone thought Florida was dead in the water…but they weren’t.

It’s never just one thing, but poor officiating is often as big a contributor as poor play.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Calling a press conference to scold the media is.. something
This is true, but I really do think that you’re all missing the point of the press conference. It wasn’t to “scold” the media for asking Montgomery questions. It was to remind the media that they actually *are* the media and that they can, you know, actually call up Garry or George or whomever and ask them what the f*** it is that they think that they’re doing. Start trying to actually hold the league accountable for a change rather than being terrified of being denied “access”. You’re reporters. Go ask the league some f***ing questions and report on what they say (or refuse to say). Would’ve been better if Sweenious actually said it that way tho.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is true, but I really do think that you’re all missing the point of the press conference. It wasn’t to “scold” the media for asking Montgomery questions. It was to remind the media that they actually *are* the media and that they can, you know, actually call up Garry or George or whomever and ask them what the f*** it is that they think that they’re doing. Start trying to actually hold the league accountable for a change rather than being terrified of being denied “access”. You’re reporters. Go ask the league some f***ing questions and report on what they say (or refuse to say). Would’ve been better if Sweenious actually said it that way tho.

Montgomery challenged the play. Obviously the media is going to ask what montgomery saw on the play he challenged. Or ask what the Marchand play looked like from his angle .

Sweeney getting on the media for that is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad