Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The Florida Panthers had scored 2 goals or less 1 time in the 8 playoffs game leading into last night. They had scored 5+ goals in 4 of their 8 playoffs games leading into last night. The 3 remaining games they had scored 3 goals in each of those games. Florida coming into last night was averaging 4.12 GF/GP. The odds of winning a game against Florida when you put up 2 goals is going to be very very very slim.
f*** stats.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Imagine being a free agent and seeing with your own eyes this team getting screwed over and then the coach and GM don’t even attempt to stand up for the team. Who would ever sign here
I was told he lost his mind last night - Neely was ready to kill someone

I was in the building late and was with people who were upstairs that’s what I was told

But overreact

I was listening and my thought was the media shouldn’t be in the position asking the coach about officiating but the game

I think you are overreacting

• Haha
Reactions: capecodder

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I can see where the politeness and passiveness comes from with this team.
Not sure where this Sunday school mentality comes from. Feel bad chirping the Leafs for being the Leafs but now that I think of it this organization is starting to turn into a running joke. Soft, not accountable, no high end skill, choking, not sticking up for each other yada yada. I'm sure re signing Grzlyck, giving Debrusk 7 a year and finding whatever centre that's on the market will sure fix the core issues. Ughhh

This team is lightyears away from me being able to confidently say they are contenders

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Siri, what is goaltender interference?

Inside sources at the highest levels report that Siri actually has never seen a hockey game, and doesn’t have the slightest clue about the rules or how they’re applied, which Sunday night put the AI tech genie and guardian angel on an even keel with two referees at TD Garden and the NHL itself.

The fait accompli of a Panthers victory will turn into hard reality if the Bruins continue to struggle to generate a bona fide offensive attack, and also if they’re saddled with ludicrous calls like the one that allowed Sam Bennett’s tying goal to remain on the scoreboard after he blatantly cross-checked Charlie Coyle into goalie Jeremy Swayman.

Pinned to the ground by Coyle, the domino that fell at the hand of Bennett’s cross-check, Swayman had no chance of swatting away Bennett’s forehand lift under the crossbar at 3:41 of the third period.

The call on the ice — or the non-call — came from referees Frederick L’Ecuyer and Francis Charron. They felt the goal was good. Bruins coach Jim Montgomery challenged on the grounds of goalie interference, kicking it to the NHL’s Toronto HQ for review, and the word back from the video brain trust was … good goal.

I mean, Siri … they were joking, right … hello, Siri … ???

“The shove by Florida’s Sam Bennett on Charlie Coyle and the subsequent contact with Jeremy Swayman,” read the ruling from Toronto, “did not prevent Swayman from playing his position in the crease prior to Bennett’s goal.”

Shove? Bennett, who put the head shot (unpenalized) on Brad Marchand in Game 3 that sidelined the captain for Game 4, blatantly used a cross-check to send Coyle careening into Swayman. The goalie, again superb (38 saves), was pinned underneath the 6-foot-3-inch, 218-pound Coyle when Bennett lifted the puck high into the net.

Nothing to see here, said the refs.

You got that right, said the league.

Swayman, again by far the best Black and Gold player on the ice, later watched his teammates allow Aleksander Barkov an express rush down the slot to pot the winner less than four minutes after the Bennett goal.

The Bruins finished with 18 shots. They had 17 when Bennett’ scored and cobbled together all of one over the 16:19 that followed the tying goal.

Not good enough. Not resilient enough.

“I just want to stick to facts,” Swayman said. “The fact is my own player was pushed into me by theirs and I couldn’t play my position.”

He added that his confidence in the Boston bench is such that he knows there wouldn’t be a challenge unless Montgomery and company knew it would be reversed.

“In the moment, I didn’t know what exactly happened,” Swayman said. “I couldn’t play my position and the review showed that.”

Prior to wrapping up for the night, Swayman was asked if he felt a sense of disbelief as he was about to exit Causeway Street — perhaps for the last time this season.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Take the f***ing fine and be honest. This is gutless.
Yes, said the same thing. But tbf, what he said after was good - the media should go ask the league. Didn’t sound like “shrug, go ask the league” but more like “go ask the f***ing league”. Go ask DOPS (dipshit?) why there was no supplemental discipline and why they deemed it clean (since there was no supplemental discipline).

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I was told he lost his mind last night - Neely was ready to kill someone

I was in the building late and was with people who were upstairs that’s what I was told

But overreact

I was listening and my thought was the media shouldn’t be in the position asking the coach about officiating but the game

I think you are overreacting
Oooh did Cam throw another water bottle?! That'll show em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad