Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think every fan base thinks they got screwed

Al you had to been a ref at some point - you scream ref (compliment) even though if I was Wanda Maximoff I’d make you a life long Leafs fan I haven’t met to many people as nice as you - which makes the revenge thing disturbing lol

The Bennett punch was not refs fault - but the league should have had him out of last nights game

The cross check in crease is something like I’d expect in a KHL game Putin was at benefiting his favorite team

Now that’s funny

so the Davies brothers aren’t the only musical brothers not speaking (sorry big Kinks fan)

My issue, as always, is that they overreact to the smallest things and often ignore some pretty blatant ones.

McAvoy getting tripped vs. TB in the playoffs a few years back that led directly to a goal.

The hit on Acciari vs. St. Louis.

Trouba literally swinging his stick and hitting Frederic in the head, only garnering a meager fine.

Then of course, last night’s Bennett goal.

Sometimes it just gets to be too much to ignore.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
My issues, as always, is that they overreact to the smallest things and often ignore some pretty blatant ones.

McAvoy getting tripped vs. TB in the playoffs a few years back that led directly to a goal.

Trouba literally swinging his stick and hitting Frederic in the head, only garnering a meager fine.

Don't forget a clear hook on Marchand vs Tampa a few postseason ago as well on a breakaway.

The Lauko fiasco game 3.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
They have no one to blame but themselves.

"You can't score if you don't shoot."

- Wayne Gretzky
Everyone gets it. But the true essential fact is even more fundamental than that. You win when you put the puck in the net more than your opponent. Lots of games are won by teams who are outshot or outplayed by their opponents. And the B's were winning until that illegal tying goal.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I am completely sick and tired of the Bruins having calls and/or non-calls and reviews getting completely blown which become a distinct advantage to the other teams with immediate effect.

After the Blues series I gave up on this league and this just cements my way of thinking.

The NHL has a perpetual pie in the face when it comes to officials and rules enforcement as you can add this turd on the truckload of manure that is the NHLs record here....
""

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Florida better team - and even if Bennett got 2 for cross checking the Cats likely win in 6 or 7

However the Bruins likely win this game - they kill the penalty keep the lead and go on the PP

Still would have been fun to have best of 3 and see if Bruins could get this to 7

Clearly the Cats have a Cup type of team and Bruins don’t but it would have been fun to be there Friday night in Boston

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My issues, as always, is that they overreact to the smallest things and often ignore some pretty blatant ones.

Al wtf

Did you have to bring up Accari

That is the worst call in my time going to games considering timing and importance

It could have decided the SC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Florida better team - and even if Bennett got 2 for cross checking the Cats likely win in 6 or 7

However the Bruins likely win this game - they kill the penalty keep the lead and go on the PP

Still would have been fun to have best of 3 and see if Bruins could get this to 7

Clearly the Cats have a Cup type of team and Bruins don’t but it would have been fun to be there Friday night in Boston
I just want the Bruins to be competitive lol i know the Panthers are the better team, but at least give yourselves a chance to win

Last night they did…for about 25 minutes. Then back on their bullshit once things didn’t go their way

Reactions: BB79 and BTO

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This was a bridge year to me

I’m on record here 98 points battling for 7th 8th seed

Wiped out first round

Very good season and team will be a lot better to me - 25 Dudes will disagree but that’s why they are the 25 Dudes
Yes same here, I never expected that much for this year, the fact they beat the leafs again is good enough for this year. Next year though, no more carry over from Bergeron and Krejci, plus some contracts they will not re-sign. They will have enough room to build a pretty good contender through free agency and trades if they are smart.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s probably wrong to say but I’d be way more pissed if this was last years team and my feeling was the Bruins were Cup worthy and better team

I’m in ‘thank God they beat the Leafs, we are playing with house money’

Clearly the organization and many here don’t think that way but I look at Bruins is a great middle weight fighting a very strong heavy weight who’s more than power

Tomorrow night they are having a thing for us at Garden to watch the game and if it was tied I was definitely going - now I’m deflated and not into it

Beating Florida 3 straight without a healthy Marchand highly unlikely

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I always like to approach things from the point of view of don't blame conspiracy or bias for what can otherwise be ascribed to sheer incompetence or stupidity. But the last couple of days have made that difficult. Very hard to put the two decisions you mentioned merely down to different interpretations. Thinking the league has an agenda here actually makes the most sense as an explanation.
I'm not a conspiracy type either. There are usually simpler and better explanations. But in theory, purely incompetent officiating should cut both ways for both teams. That's not what we've seen in this series, by a long shot. So it's not unreasonable or illogical to conclude that what we're likely seeing is either: 1) bias from the officials (conscious or subconscious) or 2) an agenda.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
My issue, as always, is that they overreact to the smallest things and often ignore some pretty blatant ones.

i remember there being a call in the series against Ottawa that spiked my blood pressure, but can't recall the specifics

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Qwitcha' bitchin' bout the Refs, they have been completely consistent. Ekblad steers Lauko into goalie, 2 min minor Boston. Bennett pushes Coyle into goalie, goal, challenge, 2 min minor Boston. Model of consistency.
Tkachuk pretended he got pole axed twice went down like a wet rag playing possum one eye watching the ref. Ears waiting for a whistle. Refs called Bruins on both. Truth is Bruins need a couple of Kenny the Rats back in Boston.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
i remember there being a call in the series against Ottawa that spiked my blood pressure, but can't recall the specifics

I believe it was in OT and a Sens player elbowed a Bruin player in the head in the corner, no call of course and the Bruins threw a punch in anger and got a penalty, the Sens then scored to win. I can't remember the Bruins player, but unfortunately I remember that play.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
It’s probably wrong to say but I’d be way more pissed if this was last years team and my feeling was the Bruins were Cup worthy and better team

I’m in ‘thank God they beat the Leafs, we are playing with house money’

Clearly the organization and many here don’t think that way but I look at Bruins is a great middle weight fighting a very strong heavy weight who’s more than power

Tomorrow night they are having a thing for us at Garden to watch the game and if it was tied I was definitely going - now I’m deflated and not into it

Beating Florida 3 straight without a healthy Marchand highly unlikely
I am honestly so grateful to the Toronto maple leafs lol

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Everyone gets it. But the true essential fact is even more fundamental than that. You win when you put the puck in the net more than your opponent. Lots of games are won by teams who are outshot or outplayed by their opponents. And the B's were winning until that illegal tying goal.
That's right. Many ''better'' teams have lost to teams that played and executed a structured defensive system, had good goaltending and scored a at opportune times. Two of the Bruins breakaways didn't count as a shot on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad