Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Maybe now that the Bennett-Marchand video is out he’ll call for a suspension. Might want to just read the GI rule out loud while he’s at it. Can’t possibly be firing Monty before game 5 can he? Can he?
There’s nothing more Sweeney ish than coming out 3 days after you could be useful to bitch about a call you can no longer do anything about.

As for missing testicles, would it kill Neely to show his face from time to time on a camera and take one for the club?

Seriously where did the balls go from this organization? Man up gents. You’re an embarrassment to the crest you pilfer a paycheque off of.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t understand some people. Shots mean nothing. We had a massive amount of great chances. More than FLA. WHO CARES ABOUR THE amount of shots.
wrong, deflections work, just ask FL who has what 14 goals over the last 3 games. They are playing simple hockey. It works, it also tires and hurts your defenders blocking shots, and goalie too which in a long series also helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
I’m not going to fixate on the officiating. It is frustrating watching the embellishment and missed calls, but this series is going the way it is because the Florida Panthers are a better hockey team than the Boston Bruins, plain and simple. This team has looked completely outmatched since the second period of Game 2, and that has a lot to do with the lopsided amount of penalty calls being called in favor of Florida. It’s hard to draw penalties when you’re not getting time with the puck in their zone.

Yeah the Bennett goal shouldn’t have been allowed and he should’ve been suspended. But theres still a game to play and this team is letting all of the bullshit get to their heads and it’s becoming a distraction, on top of the fact that the team is being completely dominated.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday, May 13 (Jet Aviation, Bedford, MA)
- General Manager Don Sweeney and forward Pat Maroon available to media at approximately 12:20 p.m. at Jet Aviation/Hanscom Field (380 Hanscom Dr, Bedford, MA 01730)
- Media should plan to arrive no earlier than 12 p.m.

- Travel to Florida

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I’m not going to fixate on the officiating. It is frustrating watching the embellishment and missed calls, but this series is going the way it is because the Florida Panthers are a better hockey team than the Boston Bruins, plain and simple. This team has looked completely outmatched since the second period of Game 2, and that has a lot to do with the lopsided amount of penalty calls being called in favor of Florida. It’s hard to draw penalties when you’re not getting time with the puck in their zone.

Yeah the Bennett goal shouldn’t have been allowed and he should’ve been suspended. But theres still a game to play and this team is letting all of the bullshit get to their heads and it’s becoming a distraction, on top of the fact that the team is being completely dominated.
You said not fixating on refs then 2nd paragraph said it has alot to do with lopsided calls.

Monday, May 13 (Jet Aviation, Bedford, MA)
- General Manager Don Sweeney and forward Pat Maroon available to media at approximately 12:20 p.m. at Jet Aviation/Hanscom Field (380 Hanscom Dr, Bedford, MA 01730)
- Media should plan to arrive no earlier than 12 p.m.

- Travel to Florida
Nothing those 2 can say means squat now but ty for info

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Today in his lacrosse game, one of my 9 year olds got legitimately run over by a bigger player. Flattened. There was no stagger or stumble. Poor kid was standing, and in the next instant flat on his back after the back of his head smashed the ground

It was terrifying, i was shaken up most of the day. Spent the rest of the game watching his every move to make sure he wasn’t concussed

I only say this because this little big man sprung right back onto his feet almost as soon as he cracked his head off the grass. Literally bounced to his feet and ran right back into the play, right into the thick of it. I asked him about it after the game, fishing for concussion clues, and he was fine. Said it didn’t feel good but he was fine, and it wasn’t scary.

Dear Boston bruins. It isn’t scary. You’ll be fine. Just get in there

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
a true cup contending team doesn’t worry about amount of calls, being down a few goals, or bounces not being perfect. Think back to the 2013 team, at any point in those playoffs (except the end there) the bruins could be down or hit with a bad call and we all knew it didn’t matter, they’d get it right back or work harder then the other team and find a way to win. The stark contrast of a team like that and the current iteration is night and day, they need warriors not polite jags.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I thought the Bruins played hard. But they're just not breaking thru that Panthers D and they can't find a way to generate quality shots. The refs are gonna ref and the Panthers are gonna Panther. If the Bruins continue to get swallowed up in the NZ and getting their shots blocked when they're in the zone, there's no chance to turn this around. I thought they were very fortunate to be up by two at the end of 1. That Panthers team just knows how to confuse the team D of the Bruins and find the spots where the coverage isn't.

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
You said not fixating on refs then 2nd paragraph said it has alot to do with lopsided calls.

Nothing those 2 can say means squat now
I said they are letting the officiating get to their heads, which is a broader point about them playing into Florida’s hands. Just face it, this team is not good enough to win the Stanley Cup or beat a team like Florida in a 7 game series. They do not have the high end talent to compete with a team like Florida. McAvoy, Zacha and Lindholm have been playing like garbage while Coyle and Pastrnak has been underwhelming. This team would be better off if the front office fixates on why that is in the off-season rather than buying into this crying about the officiating. Hoping the Sweeney press conference isn’t an embarrassment tomorrow.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Siri, what is goaltender interference?

Inside sources at the highest levels report that Siri actually has never seen a hockey game, and doesn’t have the slightest clue about the rules or how they’re applied, which Sunday night put the AI tech genie and guardian angel on an even keel with two referees at TD Garden and the NHL itself.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I thought the Bruins played hard. But they're just not breaking thru that Panthers D and they can't find a way to generate quality shots. The refs are gonna ref and the Panthers are gonna Panther. If the Bruins continue to get swallowed up in the NZ and getting their shots blocked when they're in the zone, there's no chance to turn this around. I thought they were very fortunate to be up by two at the end of 1. That Panthers team just knows how to confuse the team D of the Bruins and find the spots where the coverage isn't.
Series is over.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Siri, what is goaltender interference?

Inside sources at the highest levels report that Siri actually has never seen a hockey game, and doesn’t have the slightest clue about the rules or how they’re applied, which Sunday night put the AI tech genie and guardian angel on an even keel with two referees at TD Garden and the NHL itself.
the rule and punctuation and wording is important in interpretation of rules and laws... "...and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed." That means that there would have had to be a penalty called on ice in order for it to be goalie interference from Coyle being crosschecked into Swayman. Since the refs missed it isn’t a goal a goal is my interpretation.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad