Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He is spineless .Stand up for your captain regardless if suspended or fined.

You didn’t ask me but I’ll throw my guess out.

Bettman works for the owners. Obviously every team has an owner.

So in a roundabout way Jeremy Jacob’s along with all the other owners don’t want the refs called out in public. So if your bosses boss is the one who doesn’t want refs called out, are you going to go against his mandate?

I think the obvious backroom agreement is the owners are the ones that bitch about officiating in closed door meetings with the league and they sort it out there. All the owners agreed to have their employees stfu about it in public.

Nothing is handled through the media when it comes to officiating.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You didn’t ask me but I’ll throw my guess out.

Bettman works for the owners. Obviously every team has an owner.

So in a roundabout way Jeremy Jacob’s along with all the other owners don’t want the refs called out in public. So if your bosses boss is the one who doesn’t want refs called out, are you going to go against his mandate?

I think the obvious backroom agreement is the owners are the ones that bitch about officiating in closed door meetings with the league and they sort it out there. All the owners agreed to have their employees stfu about it in public.

Nothing is handled through the media when it comes to officiating.
Fair enough but it's not working

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Nothing but one big boys club this league.It is why same shitty coaches get regurgitated over and over & players like Rick Middleton or Theoren Fleury not in Hockey Hall of fame

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
If Bennett had scored the exact same goal vs the Leafs, does anyone sincerely think it would have counted?
Yes, with Coyle being in the crease before contact, no cross checking penalty called, and Bennett being a decided golden boy i think it still counts. The way the goal gets called back is if they called cross checking on Bennett which they can’t do upon review.

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don’t understand some people. Shots mean nothing. We had a massive amount of great chances. More than FLA. WHO CARES ABOUR THE amount of shots.

1715572437667.png

Reactions: TD Charlie

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
He is venting I get it..Losing good fans with this type stuff though.
Thank you.

To be clear, I’ll be a Bruins fan forever — I just won’t watch or pay when this is the product.

The one time i can recall benefiting from officiating was game 7 against Tampa in 2011 when the didn’t call any(?) penalties. I remember the game being pretty clean in general, but I’m definitely glad it was kept 5-on-5.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Yes, the Bruins really got screwed on the game winning goal. Just horrible that the call wasn't made immediately on Bennett. It's a penalty that results in a goal. Couldn't have been clearer and the official was standing right there.

But you are correct, they can't make a pass. Or control the puck. Or clear the puck. Outshot 42-18 at home in a game they absolutely needed.
It wasn’t the game-winning goal.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad