Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lauko was the only player to be able to forecheck with speed through the Florida interference. Montgomery actively decided the Bruins did not need that against Toronto mind you.
The Bruins have become the kings of a soft corner dump, where the only guy even attempting to get to the corner is the same guy lobbing it in. ZERO pressure put on Florida. They just turn, short pass D to D, and then they’ve got 50 feet of runway to work with

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i honestly didnt think you could challenge if your player was pushed into the goalie.
i thought a penalty had to have been called.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011

If Monty actually believes this and isn't just saying it cause there's some BS organizational policy set by the Jacobs not to criticize the league then f***ign fire him. Feel like a coach getting fired up about having a pivotal playoff game stolen from you by the leauge/refs is the absolute bare minimum.

what a WEAK quote, what does it take to get this guy to stand up for his players?

getting stabbed repeatedly : "oh well its not my place to comment :) "

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
What’s Sweeney going to do follow after his team and swing his purse at the league?

Why won't he do it now instead of waiting until tomorrow. The league will just double down on screwing Boston, have zero faith in this Mickey Mouse League.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Its feeling more and more like the NHL is scripted ala the WWE, get the heels and the plot twists to infuriate the masses and ring the cash register as everyone consumes it.

Which just may be why the NHL backs Florida, until the Finals when the rule book returns. See last season vs Vegas.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You can probably say something negative about almost every Bruin in this series thus far. But reality is this is a team sport and as a group they have failed in this series for two reasons...

1) They cannot stay of the the penalty box. It plays right into the Florida Panthers hands the way they want to play. It's like a giant snowball effect. All that defending just wears you into the ground and by the 3rd period, they are getting run over both on the PP and 5 on 5. Even if you subtract the bad calls, they still have taken way more penalties than they should have against a team that plays like this. When your defenders (including Forwards) are heavily fatigued, you get the bad clears, bad break-outs, choppy exits, sloppy chips, turnovers, etc. The Panthers feed off that.

2) They simply do not have enough speed up front and finish from the entire group. They aren't fast enough as a group to push the Panthers D back consistently. They are holding their blueline very well since Game 2. Leafs D did the same thing in Game 5 and 6. When they dump the puck in but Panther's D get to it first nearly every time and have enough time to break the puck back out quickly. I don't care how big you are if the player and puck are already gone by the time you get there, it doesn't matter. See Maroon, Pat.

They've had chances but they don't have enough skill/shooting ability/finish. Most here knew it was a concern going into the season and into the playoffs, and it's rang true. They have only scored more than 2 goals in 4 of their 11 games thus far. Game 2 and 4 they had some great looks and could not capitalize. Wide open nets, pucks shanked wide or high. On the Bruins, Charlie Coyle stands out as one of the stronger shooters on the team. But watching others teams in this years playoffs his shooting wouldn't standout if he played elsewhere.

If you aren't built to get a lot of shots you better score on the ones you do get. Score one of those great looks in the 1st period of Game 2, and don't allow a goal with 0.3 seconds to go in the 2nd, and it's a different 3rd period and completely different game.

All that lack of speed and finish has given Bobrovsky a virtual vacation back there at times. Wearing down a 35-year old Bob was key to winning this series. Even if you go into Game 5 tied 2-2, if they had worked him over in the first 4 games with lots of zone time and more shots, it should pay off in the later games vs. our 25-year old goalie + Vezina winner back-up. Instead he's going into Game 5 fairly well rested having not had a heavy workload in the past 3 games.

The goal this summer ultimately has to be to improve this forward group so that it scores more goals. End of story. How they go about that is open for debate. Bottom line for me is they need a forward in his prime who slots in between Pasta and Marchand as this team's 2nd best forward. At minimum.

15 forwards have appeared in the playoffs thus far only 5 have more than 1 goal and between those 10 players with 1 or none, they have scored just 5 goals. Most say that in the playoffs, the top two lines/top 6 F cancel each other out and it's the bottom 6 F and the D contributing to the offense that ends up being the difference between winning and losing a series. If that is true, it's pretty clear where the problem lies. This isn't 1999 anymore. You aren't winning a cup by winning twelve 2-1 or 1-0 games with a couple high scoring games sprinkled in between. You need goal-scoring ability beyond just one player.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
I’m at the point where I think the Lindholm deal was an even bigger mistake than I already thought it was at the time
Why? I think he’s a good top 4D getting a fair 6.5M. I think our 9.5M man is comfortably ahead in the underperforming category

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Why won't he do it now instead of waiting until tomorrow. The league will just double down on screwing Boston, have zero faith in this Mickey Mouse League.

So he can have a nice official press conference for his bosses to see because he’s trying to save his ass.

I don’t think his seat is hot but this is a little sign that it’s at least a warm. Very uncharacteristic for a GM to call a press conference mid series.

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah I uh… I get it.

And it’s not the losing. I’ve been watching this team lose since 1988. Since I was six years old. I’m a Cleveland Browns fan for f***s sake. I tune in every year.

But I don’t… trust (?) right now. Watching this series has just been miserable for me. Why would I continue?
'88 was when I started as well MMB!

I enjoy watching Vancouver and Edmonton 100% more because every Bruins game is filled with controversy and Bruins disappearing acts. When it was 2-0 everyone knew this was going to be a tough one to swallow.

At the end, you come on here, vent and then shut down a little more each year. Interest wanes because you're being sold a bag of beans and false narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad