Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
This has maybe 10% to do with the Bruins lol I’ve started losing interest over the years because of the gambling ads and over-expansion
It feels like peer pressure to bet on a game. Geez already. And when more player scandals from betting on games come up in the years to come, they will wonder why…….

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I like MacVoy but in no way would I consider him a solid playoff performer. I think he is just to squirrelly back there when you need some solid calmness. I would definitely look for a 1A defenseman if they can pawn off Lindholm to another team
They won't be able to trade him and get value back at all. movably is the guy to bring it back.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That was me last year. Tuned in for a couple games against the Leafs and then this reminded me that gambling and money / narrative trump all. Really not enjoyable watching during or after.
Yeah I uh… I get it.

And it’s not the losing. I’ve been watching this team lose since 1988. Since I was six years old. I’m a Cleveland Browns fan for f***s sake. I tune in every year.

But I don’t… trust (?) right now. Watching this series has just been miserable for me. Why would I continue?

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Realistically after the 05 lockout refs started calling everything. It was a PP fest. What should have happened is coaches and players should have cleaned up the game, stop relying on the “incidental” picks and stick work.

Instead it’s almost as if the league realized the coaches and players were too stubborn and wouldn’t change their ways. so they stopped calling everything in the interest of establishing some “flow” to the game.

The league should have kept their crackdown from 05-06 going. Should have forced teams to clean the game up.

Now, so many penalties happen each game and the refs clearly don’t call them all. They almost arbitrarily decide which interference play is a penalty and which one isnt.

To me it’s part of what’s ruining the game. The brand of hockey is so boring because every team commits defensive infractions so often and the league just won’t call every single one
They stopped calling everything because D-men were getting blown up constantly.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

If Monty actually believes this and isn't just saying it cause there's some BS organizational policy set by the Jacobs not to criticize the league then f***ign fire him. Feel like a coach getting fired up about having a pivotal playoff game stolen from you by the leauge/refs is the absolute bare minimum.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
How does a guy with a recently broken hand, not have a newly broken hand….given the circumstances.

I mean what is Lauko’s purpose in life, if not to be suspension fodder?

Lauko was the only player to be able to forecheck with speed through the Florida interference. Montgomery actively decided the Bruins did not need that against Toronto mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad