Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mean anyone would get points playing with Krejci and Pasta. The fact he needs two top tier players to be serviceable says a lot. He is a great third liner and and ok second liner when needed. He’ll just never be a guy in the playoffs. Over 20 games and no goals is a huge red flag

Can’t argue with his lack of playoff production.

Reactions: mar2kbos

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
and it's 21-11 pps and the most recent was a half penalty just to make it a little closer. and it's 7 on 5 every game. You're so smart and edgy sitting on the fence
Unless I’m way off, it’s also against the second most (first just counting playoffs) penalized team in the league. I guess the rats really clean up their act when the playoffs start 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Yes, the Bruins really got screwed on the game winning goal. Just horrible that the call wasn't made immediately on Bennett. It's a penalty that results in a goal. Couldn't have been clearer and the official was standing right there.

But you are correct, they can't make a pass. Or control the puck. Or clear the puck. Outshot 42-18 at home in a game they absolutely needed.

The asinine part is they acknowledge that there is contact and deem it fine.

How they can see what everyone sees and deem is good is why you can't trust the NHL.

The same call can go the other way tomorrow. There's no consistency.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for an offseason thread. As I said a few times, I'm not gonna complain: this team overachieved any expectation.

That being said, I think Monty is gonna get fired as they need a culprit, but, imo, it's time to move on from Sweeney as we definitely need some fundamental changes.
Not going to happen. He's kept them at the top of the standings and brings in $$$$. That is the bottom line. Unless people stop spending on tickets, merchandise, poorly made overly expensive crappy food, overpriced beer.
Money rules the world.

Reactions: BTO

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Not going to happen. He's kept them at the top of the standings and brings in $$$$. That is the bottom line. Unless people stop spending on tickets, merchandise, poorly made overly expensive crappy food, overpriced beer.
Money rules the world.

And to think I almost flew out for games 3-4 to Boston to try a playoffs game. So glad I was talked out of the waste of money.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Someone needs to be held accountable for this team being completely gassed in only the 2nd round. Whether it's the coach, the fitness and conditioning staff, or the players themselves, it's unacceptable that the team can be this exhausted when it comes to the time of year when the games actually matter and there's silverware on the line.

After last year's debacle, when a team with all the talent and advantages in the world still wasn't ready mentally or physically for playoff hockey, now followed by this, I'm looking first and foremost at Monty. I don't think he has any clear idea how to manage a playing group through the long grind of a regular season in a way that will hold them in good shape for the real stuff. That needs to change.
They're not exhausted. They played like this much of the Toronto series. They just play uninspired hockey.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
To each their own. If pinning this 100% on the refs makes you sleep better, have at it.
Never said that. But if people think ignoring the one-sided officiating makes them seem smarter (the shots! the shots!), I'm not buying it.

Just give me a level playing field, and I'll be more than happy to call out my team for being outplayed if they lose fairly that way.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Home from a distasteful, disappointing and in the end a stick a fork in them game

The Bs came out played a good first period and even had the lead 2-0

Then - true to form - they became a passive, non shooting team, unable to finish on the few chances they had and afraid to make a play or challenge the Panthers. Add in a god- awful job by the guys in stripes ( calling them referees would be an insult to anyone who has reffed a game) and the outcome was inevitable.

I have always thought a team reflects the attitude and approach of their coach. Predictable ( eg the constant passing behind their own net) discombobulated ( exhibit #1 is the power play in the third period) and unable to make a play ( too many examples to list) and I come to the conclusion that something is wrong behind the bench. This team is unable to focus for more than a period.

When you come out for the third period up 2-1 in a must win game and post three shots you don't deserve to win. And yes the refs played a major role but a determined team finds a way ....this team wasn't determined and didn't find a way

Last edited:

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

Let this be a lesson to us all. The NHL is a f***ing joke. Funny how we only get this view of this punch 2 days later. But don't worry the NHL is okay with it. Wahooo!

Florida is the easy heel, if you don’t think the league loves this physical embarrassment of the once “big bad bruins” you’re kidding yourselves.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Money rules the world.

Yes, money rules world, but real money is playoffs, not regular season. We will see, I still think there will be changes.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Boston Playing Physical - 2 Goals
Boston stops to try not to lose the rest of the game - 0 Goals 4 Panther Goals

I expect the better team to win the series. But the refs have been visibly bad in ALL the series this post season. The NHL has to figure that out or they will shoot themselves in the foot.

While I still think this season was successful as a bridge year I don't trust Sweeney going forward. This team does not feel like a Bruins team. A least 30 years ago the B's would lose but exact a price and be fun to watch. The team now is a Neo Montreal model that only sells tickets when its scoring past problems. Big hits and fights have ALWAYS swayed momentum for Boston and we simply don't do that anymore......as constructed.

If you cant beat em, Beat Them.

Now I feel like we just get our lunch money taken from us and stuffed in a locker.
^This. Great post 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad