Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been watching for almost 30 years, and absolutely never have I seen the Bruins win a playoff series off of a missed call in their favor. Never. Not f***ing once. But at least 4 times now I can pinpoint critically botched calls which ended our season.

And those idiots on the main board pretend that we always get calls because a 4th liner who played here for 3 years's dad once supervised league officials, and their proof of that is a leaked email which stemmed from before his son played here and called out a then-Bruins player as the player he demanded officials call more penalties on.

We're all biased and see what we want to see, but this is too far and too much. You know the league is pushing certain storylines for their playoff coverage and trying to save more mistake expansion markets from getting Arizona'd.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
While I agree I don't think it's baffling. They want to build fan patronage. They want the fanbase to enlarge there to the point that they're as rabid as us up north to increase deep interest. Interest in hockey down there is topical and would fall off immediately if the team stunk.
But that’s the thing - they’re not really adding much there. It’s not like the place is full. It’s sold out, but it’s not full.

And BOS-NYR would do what…50% higher ratings? 75%?

League directly had two decisions - the no suspension (not even a fine?) and the crosscheck. They went Florida both times.

This isn’t bitching about the refs. This is bitching about the league.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe. I’m not going to argue too much over that opinion.

All I’ll say is that he looked a lot more comfortable and confident when they had Krejci between him and Pasta.

I’d be okay with giving him another shot with a legit center.

As much as I’d like them to, they’re not going to replace 10 guys next season.

I’d rather they keep him than a lot of others.
I mean anyone would get points playing with Krejci and Pasta. The fact he needs two top tier players to be serviceable says a lot. He is a great third liner and and ok second liner when needed. He’ll just never be a guy in the playoffs. Over 20 games and no goals is a huge red flag

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It doesn't help that the Bruins make passes like they are playing on a bubble hockey table.

Yes, the Bruins really got screwed on the game winning goal. Just horrible that the call wasn't made immediately on Bennett. It's a penalty that results in a goal. Couldn't have been clearer and the official was standing right there.

But you are correct, they can't make a pass. Or control the puck. Or clear the puck. Outshot 42-18 at home in a game they absolutely needed.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
Florida is a deeper team, the bruins need to upgrade their centers. Can't have your top 2 centers be passengers on lines need them to help push the play.
The team play and shot differential is directly due to our lack of high end centers. Our team is tougher for the playoffs this year, but still subpar on center talent which shows offensively and defensively.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yeeeeeaaaaaa I think I’m finally done done with the NHL lol I said this last year once Bergeron retired (and Thornton). My plan was to stop watching once my two favourite players retired because I’ve honestly thought for at least over a decade that this league is the absolute worst in all of major sports. (Unfortunately with the best sport)

Yes, the Bruins needed to be better and maybe they don’t deserve to win this series, but to lose with all this bullshit is just ridiculous.

You’re telling me the guy who took out our captain with a dirty headshot (which didn’t get a suspension, let alone a penalty), scored a goal (in the very next game he should have been suspended for) on the power play (against a neutered PK because he took out the #1 PKer from said headshot) where he committed crystal clear goaltender interference. Like you almost can’t write this shit lol

No point in cancelling my Sportsnet subscription yet since they deny access the day after instead of letting me watch the full month I paid for lol but these clowns don’t deserve my pocket change.

I feel the same way, not going to pay anymore for a tainted product. Will only watch the Bruins as part of my regular TV package.

Reactions: goflyakite

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I was never a Montgomery fan and would be glad to see him go.
So a different coach would raise the talent quotient on this team? Perhaps a better FO would be able to accomplish that.
Having said that I can only hope the FO can sign their best player J-SWAY. W/o him tonight the score would have been a whole lot worse.
No goalie in these PO's has gotten less support from his defense. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad