Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This team is a close game type of team. The calls will have a greater affect.

I’m not sure how I can validate firing Montgomery. Look at this team and look at their talent. Not expected to make the playoffs let alone win a series. In the moment, I’m heated because they had the lead and let it slip. But in reality, this team isn’t as talented. Those are the facts.

If we were basing his performance on this year alone, I’d agree with you.

But couple it with last years disaster and I can’t see how they bring him back….

Even if it’s just because Sweeney and Neely are trying to save their jobs.

Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If you want to see a stat to make you sad, check out the Wikipedia page on the Stanley Cup finals to see which team has the worst winning percentage of those who have been to the finals 20 times or more. Yes, it's the Bruins with a .300 record: Stanley Cup Finals - Wikipedia.

The Leafs may not have won one since 1967, but at least their Cup-winning record is .619.
Happy?

bingobangobongo123

Apr 8, 2023
Wholeheartedly disagree with the goal and it should have been called back. At the same time the bruins are just getting dominated. Saw someone post that bruins are getting outshot 107-50 this series. Just pure dominance by florida
and it's 21-11 pps and the most recent was a half penalty just to make it a little closer. and it's 7 on 5 every game. You're so smart and edgy sitting on the fence

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
One goal and assist doesn’t excuse a mediocre performance both regular season and playoffs. I don’t expect him to get better as he gets older. Just slower and he isn’t exactly a burner in that department to begin with

EVERY player on this team should be considered trade bait including him. He's not a player to carry a team, he is just to lazy when he doesn't have the puck.

That go ahead goal is why he's a problem not the solution. Lazy back check no effort after his team just killed off 4 minutes of power plays while he drinking water on the bench.

Let him kill penalties and maybe he will respect that part of the game. He's been an average player over the last two months.

All for 11.5m

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Most teams aren’t good enough to beat the opponent and refs……

This team certainly isn’t.
Too bad fans can't sue for fraud because they clearly don't follow their rules. I mean you pay for a sporting event that has clearly spelled out meaning and just ignore them.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The killer is that Coyle & Zacha have combined for 1 goal..... you just can't have those guys giving you next to zero goal scoring.

You could, possibly, if they were slotted properly as the 2 LW and 3 C.

But definitely not as the 1 and 2 C’s.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I'm still with them. They pissed and might take game 5.
I’m always with them, 60+ years, and they might take game 5. Doesn’t mean I’m not a realist and can clearly see the Bruins are massively outmatched, even if the officiating was competent:rolleyes: they would be losing this series. Never thought they had the horses to go far in what was destined to be a bridge year, they overachieved mostly due to having two of the best goaltenders on the planet. The off season will be interesting (to say the least) hope they can come to terms with Swayman( as much as I love Linus, clearly they plan to keep the younger guy).
Not even angry, just disappointed, hope they go out with competitive effort(and take out a few Panthers before it’s all done).

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Lets be honest, we were only leading because Swayman continues to play out of his mind. It wasn't a matter IF Florida would score again, it was a matter of when. 2 goals wasn't going to win you a game.
2 goals has won plenty of playoff games with a great goalie. I can't get with pessimism disguised as "honesty." You're not Nostradamus.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It's not even close really. Anyone who watches some other D in the NHL and the regular candidates for the Norris can't argue at all for Charlie. He has me worried going into 7 more years of 9.5 and contributing less and less each playoffs.
Trade him then.Tank for McKenna

Reactions: BTO

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe this is an opportunity to reverse last years collapse

I don’t really give a f*** my baby boy arrives this week

Where do I find preemie skates
WOW, now that's more important than this bullshit. Congratulations. Do you have others.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Waive or trade Zacha and Geekie and never let Coyle play above the 3rd line again. Useless centers get exposed in the playoffs, Bergy and Krejci used to do it to other teams for years.

Reactions: BTO

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Zacha a complete failure. Did the opposite of his words. Zero attempts to hit. Few things worse than a player who cannot match his words with play.

I still cannot believe he has never scored a NHL Playoff goal and when Boston moves him to a basement team the streak will continue. So disappointed when I had such high hopes for him these playoffs.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
and it's 21-11 pps and the most recent was a half penalty just to make it a little closer. and it's 7 on 5 every game. You're so smart and edgy sitting on the fence

Yes and a handful of those penalties have been our own doing with too many men on the ice and dumb plays like geekie running into the goalie.

Also yes when a team is dominating puck possession the other team constantly playing defense is more likely to commit a penalty.

Possess the puck more and put more pressure on offensively and I can almost guarantee power plays will go up in quantity. Teams rarely take offensive zone penalties compared to defensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad