Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Honestly I wasn't expecting the Bruins to beat the Panthers, it would be an upset in my eyes if they did. The refs handing it to them on a silver platter though is disgusting. Bennett scoring the tying goal when he had no business even being on the ice tonight is bull.

I don't even think I'll bother watching the next game. It's got the same appeal as WWE to me at this point. We all know what's going to happen..
I really didn't think the B's were gonna win this series either, but I wanted them to at least make it tougher on them to help the Rags clean up the mess

I have to watch the next game just in case somebody grows a pair and sucker punches Bennett (although I'm not gonna hold my breath)

..these NHL refs are actually getting worse and more predictable every year

Last edited:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
that was a bullshit call the refs missed it and the replay refs totally blew it but come on only 2 shots pathetic .this team will be done tues and then would love to see what the offseason play will be
The two third period calls on Lindholm were pretty terrible, the review was terrible, but the Bruins aren’t playing well enough, and probably don’t have enough top end talent right now, but it’s hard to get any momentum when you’re in the box so much.

They’re the better team, but we can beat them, I just don’t see it happening though.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Brandon Carlo is T-3rd among Bruins in goals. That right there sums up how atrocious or offense has been.
Reading through a lot of the threads I’ve seen a ton of criticism for guys like Lindholm and McAvoy. While I think some of the criticisms are fair, to me the forwards have done next to nothing to support the defense in this series. Feels like they are on their heels all game.

The entire forward group in this series has been a gong show.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for an offseason thread. As I said a few times, I'm not gonna complain: this team overachieved any expectation.

That being said, I think Monty is gonna get fired as they need a culprit, but, imo, it's time to move on from Sweeney as we definitely need some fundamental changes.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Tied going to Florida this team had a chance. A small chance but a chance. Inexplicably the NHL wants Florida to thrive. This postseason and last.

Something suspicious with it. Florida Panthers certainly has low attendance, perhaps they imagine in 20 years there may be some fans watching down there.
Tbf growing up in sofla the fans show up in droves when the team wins. SCF tickets were $1000 plus $100 parking there last year and it was sold out. A lot of money there if they have regular success.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
McAvoy Norris? Are you serious Don? Please turn your TV onto any other series. Watch Makar and Hughes.

Hell, watch Montour as he regularly outplays McAvoy. Ekblad too. Even Bouchard is more valuable to his team than McAvoy.
Yeah, I have to say he is the guy. I have been most disappointed with this playoffs. He had a brief moment where I thought he was going to be elite, but he isn’t anywhere near that and I don’t think he ever will be. Even mentioning his name in the top 10 defenceman in the league or as a Norris candidate is just being silly.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I saw a lot of panic. I saw zero structure and a bunch of hope plays.

That’s coaching and leadership.

Even depth NHLers can stick to structure if the coaching is good enough.

I saw a bunch of guys who didn’t know what to do when they were down a single goal at home with 10 minutes to go
I saw the same lackluster effort that’s plagued them all playoffs.

Reactions: ck26

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah, I have to say he is the guy. I have been most disappointed with this playoffs. He had a brief moment where I thought he was going to be elite, but he isn’t anywhere near that and I don’t think he ever will be. Even mentioning his name in the top 10 defenceman in the league or as a Norris candidate is just being silly.

It's not even close really. Anyone who watches some other D in the NHL and the regular candidates for the Norris can't argue at all for Charlie. He has me worried going into 7 more years of 9.5 and contributing less and less each playoffs.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Yeeeeeaaaaaa I think I’m finally done done with the NHL lol I said this last year once Bergeron retired (and Thornton). My plan was to stop watching once my two favourite players retired because I’ve honestly thought for at least over a decade that this league is the absolute worst in all of major sports. (Unfortunately with the best sport)

Yes, the Bruins needed to be better and maybe they don’t deserve to win this series, but to lose with all this bullshit is just ridiculous.

You’re telling me the guy who took out our captain with a dirty headshot (which didn’t get a suspension, let alone a penalty), scored a goal (in the very next game he should have been suspended for) on the power play (against a neutered PK because he took out the #1 PKer from said headshot) where he committed crystal clear goaltender interference. Like you almost can’t write this shit lol

No point in cancelling my Sportsnet subscription yet since they deny access the day after instead of letting me watch the full month I paid for lol but these clowns don’t deserve my pocket change.

Last edited:

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
I said going into the playoffs that they had exceeded my expectations, but a series win would’ve been nice.

I got that.

They just don’t have the horses to overcome these obviously better teams.

Still can’t get over the lack of fight though. Just makes me sad. We are always beat over the head about what a “great room” they have and yet no fight? Like barely anything? Bums me out.
This is where I’m at. They’re the less talented team but that doesn’t mean they can’t be the harder working team. They had a 2-0 lead going into the second period and they completely took their foot off the gas. There’s no excuse for that.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Wholeheartedly disagree with the goal and it should have been called back. At the same time the bruins are just getting dominated. Saw someone post that bruins are getting outshot 107-50 this series. Just pure dominance by florida

Reactions: Gordoff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for an offseason thread. As I said a few times, I'm not gonna complain: this team overachieved any expectation.

That being said, I think Monty is gonna get fired as they need a culprit, but, imo, it's time to move on from Sweeney as we definitely need some fundamental changes.
Buddy you are not going to believe this…

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t care anything about how the Bruins played. Obviously the Panthers are better than us and we all knew it. All year.

But to get a game like that? I’m not a screeching about the refs guy. This was a full out bag job by Toronto. And I just don’t understand why. Why do they want a rat ass, cheap, diving team to be the face of the league. It’s honestly baffling.
While I agree I don't think it's baffling. They want to build fan patronage. They want the fanbase to enlarge there to the point that they're as rabid as us up north to increase deep interest. Interest in hockey down there is topical and would fall off immediately if the team stunk.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
This is hands down the least talented bruins team of the past 15 years. Stellar goal tending and pasta with an aging Marchand is all they had. Chuckie isn’t a playoff caliber contributor and the rest of the roster is trash outside of lohrie.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Reading through a lot of the threads I’ve seen a ton of criticism for guys like Lindholm and McAvoy. While I think some of the criticisms are fair, to me the forwards have done next to nothing to support the defense in this series. Feels like they are on their heels all game.

The entire forward group in this series has been a gong show.

The killer is that Coyle & Zacha have combined for 1 goal..... you just can't have those guys giving you next to zero goal scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad